Rear-End Car Accidents In Buffalo, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Team of Buffalo, New York Rear-End Collision Attorneys Fight to Obtain the Best Results for the Victims of Rear-End Collisions in Buffalo, New York.
Over a quarter of all automobile accidents in the United States are rear-end collisions. Rear-end collisions can be very traumatic for those involved and are rarely the fault of the victim. Rear-end collisions can also lead to many different injuries.
A rear-end collision occurs when one automobile collides with the car in front of it. In 2015 alone there were over 1.7 million rear-end collisions, accounting for over a quarter of all nationwide car accidents. A rear-end collision can strike suddenly and without warning.
Common causes of rear-end car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: Driving while preoccupied with phones, food or other distractions can result in a driver not paying attention to what the car in front of him or her is doing.
- Brake failure: If a driver’s brakes are defective or not up to par, a driver can easily lose control of the car and rear-end the vehicle in front of him or her.
- Tailgating: When a car is following too closely behind another car it makes it difficult, sometimes impossible, for the car in back to stop in the event of unexpected slowing or stopping of the car in front.
- Fatigue: Tired drivers often do not properly pay attention to the road.
- Hazardous conditions: Slick or slippery surfaces can cause cars to slide and lose control of the vehicle when they are forced to stop more suddenly than expected.
No matter the cause of your accident, a rear-end collision can be startling, traumatic and painful for you and those riding in your car. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our team of attorneys for rear-end collisions in Buffalo, New York cares deeply about the well being of our clients and the safety of all drivers in the region.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced and top rated team of Buffalo, New York rear-end collision lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have settled over $175 million on behalf of their clients and the victims of rear-end collisions. Contact us today at 716-839-3939 for a free consultation. Make sure that you get the settlement that you deserve.
It is well known that in most cases, the fault of the accident lies with the driver who rear-ended the car in front. However, in some situations, fault can lie with the driver of the car that was rear-ended. These reasons include:
- Failure to maintain control over the vehicle: If the driver of the car in front loses control of their vehicle and swerves into another lane, the car in back cannot be held liable for accidentally rear-ending the car in front because of the unexpected and sudden actions.
- Driving while intoxicated: New York Vehicle and Traffic Law § 1192 defines when a driver is operating a motor vehicle either impaired or intoxicated. Driving under these conditions can result in erratic and irresponsible driving for which the rear-ending driver will not be held liable for in the case that the driver in front was under the influence.
- Stopping suddenly without reason: If the driver in front stopped so suddenly that it would be impossible for the driver behind to avoid collision, then the fault can lie with the driver in front. Additionally, if the driver in front did not have working brake lights, then the rear-ending driver cannot be held liable for the rear-end collision.
- Suddenly reversing: A driver who backs into another suddenly cannot recover for the damages to their car.
However, if there are no such extenuating circumstances, then it is likely that the driver who rear-ended the other car was negligent.
Negligence is legal terminology to describe when a person has not acted in a reasonable fashion. When a driver is negligent in operating his or her vehicle, they can then be held liable for damages suffered by the other driver that result from the negligence.
Navigating the legal groundwork of negligence can be very confusing. It is critical to have top-tier advocacy from a rear-end collision lawyer.
To receive elite advocacy and assistance navigating your legal claim, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced and top rated team of Buffalo, New York rear-end collision lawyers will attempt to obtain the best result following another driver’s negligence.
Rear-end collisions can be particularly painful and traumatic for drivers who have been hit. According to the National Highway and Safety Bureau, rear-end collisions make up 6% of all fatal car crashes nationwide. The most common injuries from a rear-end collision occur to the neck and the back. Other injuries can occur to the chest when the seat belt hits it from the force of the collision.
Whiplash is a common form of injury that occurs after a rear-end collision when there has been a rapid back-and-forth movement of the head. According to the Mayo Clinic, common signs of whiplash include stiffness, neck pain and headaches. Further, dizziness, fatigue and a loss in your range of motion of the neck can be caused by whiplash from a rear end collision.
If you have been in a rear-end collision in New York State, then the No-Fault insurance policy of the vehicle you were in at the time of the accident will be primarily responsible for your medical expenses.
However, if you have been the victim of a serious injury, New York law allows you to recover additional compensation for pain and suffering.
According to New York State Insurance Law § 5102(d), a serious injury is one that results in:
- Significant Disfigurement;
- Fracture of a bone;
- Loss of a fetus (miscarriage);
- Permanent loss of use of a body organ, member, function or system;
- Permanent Consequential limitation of a body organ or member;
- Significant Limitation of use of a body function or system; or
- A medically determined injury or impairment of a non-permanent nature which prevents the injured person from performing substantially all of the material acts which constitute such person's usual and customary daily activities for not less than ninety (90) days during the one hundred eighty (180) days immediately following the occurrence of the injury or impairment.
If you have experienced pain or any of these symptoms after a rear-end car accident in New York, then you should call the highly experienced and top rated team of Buffalo, New York rear-end collision lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. for elite advocacy in rear-end collision matters. Call us today at 716-839-3939.
If you have been the victim of a rear-end collision you should:
- Move to safety. Move yourself, your vehicle and any passengers to a safe location.
- Check for injuries. Seek immediate medical treatment if you have been experiencing any symptoms of whiplash or other injuries.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Make sure to gather the driver’s insurance information, license plate number and telephone number.
- File a police report with local authorities. No matter how minor the accident may seem it is important for you to call a police report and receive an official accident report.
- See your doctor. Follow-up with your primary care physicians for any lingering medical issues from the collision; and
- File a claim. Let your insurance provider know of the accident, providing them with the appropriate police accident report. There are strict time constraints applicable to filing an insurance claim. Contact us today to find out more.
The time after an auto accident can be confusing. Make sure you receive advocacy from top rated rear-end collision attorneys. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at 716-839-3939. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his superb team of elite Buffalo, New York rear-end collision lawyers will give you top-tier representation after a rear-end collision. Let us help to get you the settlement from insurance companies that you deserve.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!