Buffalo Car Accidents Caused By Applying Make-Up Behind The Wheel
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Renowned as a Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney and National Trial Lawyers Top 100, and His Elite Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Applauded by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers, Litigate to Demand Supreme Results for Victims of Car Crashes Caused by Applying Makeup in Buffalo, New York, Throughout New York State, and Beyond.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), any activity that diverts a driver’s attention away from the road is considered distracted driving. Common examples of distracted driving can include texting, talking to people, adjusting the radio, eating, drinking, and scrolling through your social media. Another major distraction that is often overlooked is applying makeup behind the wheel. Each year, roughly 450,000 collisions are caused by negligent motorists applying makeup. A report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) revealed that in a recent year alone, 2,840 victims suffered fatalities caused by distracted drivers. Approximately 9 victims die every day in the 1,000-plus car accidents that involve distracted driving.
Putting on cosmetics and other distractions doubles a driver’s reaction time. Consequently, if you were applying makeup while driving and had to stop suddenly, it would take twice the amount of time for you to step on the brakes. In other words, if you were driving 60 mph, it would take about 264 feet between the time you encounter an obstacle and begin to stop. Losing crucial seconds of reaction time could result in a collision that might have otherwise been completely avoided.
Suppose that you, or a family member, were hit by a motorist who was doing her makeup. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be faced with a challenging and lengthy road to recovery. Even if you carry the best insurance policy, you may still be stressed about paying for your hospital bills and other losses. It is imperative to consult with Western New York’s finest personal injury attorney and learn more about your legal rights going forward. Pursuing a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent driver may be the only way to get your life back on track. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate team of car accidents caused by putting on cosmetics lawyers promises to do everything necessary to obtain the outcome that you deserve.
With over two decades of exclusively litigating personal injury cases, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a high-flying American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, has wide-ranging experience fighting distracted driver accident cases. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has personally battled more than 100 cases at various trials all over New York State. Our top rated team has obtained well over $175 million in verdicts and settlements for accident victims. Please provide yourself the peace of mind that you deserve by hiring the Dietrich Legal Team to handle your case. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., established as a Best Law Firm of America, is available for your free consultation any day of the year by dialing 716-839-3939 or by completing our online consultation form.Common Types Of Crashes Caused By Putting On Cosmetics
Applying makeup while driving is one of the most dangerous driving habits. It causes three categories of distraction, including taking your eyes off the road, your hands away from the steering wheel, and your attention away from driving. Hazards often emerge in an instant, and drivers must be prepared to react promptly. Applying makeup while driving can easily cause the following types of car accidents:
- Rear-End Crashes: Since women applying makeup typically adjust their rear-view mirrors to view their faces, it can make identifying potential dangers from behind more difficult. If another vehicle is speeding up or tailgating, applying makeup will substantially reduce your ability to scan traffic from behind. Additionally, your risk of rear-ending other cars stopped at traffic signals is much higher.
- Head-On Collisions: With your eyes off the road, you could accidentally swerve into oncoming vehicles and cause a shattering head-on crash.
- T-Bones: When putting on makeup, most women use the mirror located on their sun visors. This could obstruct your view of a traffic signal or other vehicles. A limited view could cause you to run a red light or fail to yield the right-of-way for other motorists and smash into them.
- Accidents Involving Emergency Vehicles: While drivers are expected to get out of the way of emergency vehicles, distracted motorists might overlook first responders rushing by. This could cause a severe accident if an emergency vehicle attempts to pass.
- Sideswipes: When drivers are distracted and their hands are away from the wheel, even briefly, they can easily drift into other lanes and sideswipe parallel cars.
Drivers putting on cosmetics may fail to notice motorcyclists, pedestrians, and cyclists. In addition to the above accidents, these drivers can lose control, spin out, roll over their SUVs, get into single-vehicle crashes, or even cause massive chain reaction collisions.
DID YOU, OR SOMEONE THAT YOU LOVE, SUFFER A DEVASTATING INJURY OR WORSE IN A CRASH CAUSED BY ANOTHER MOTORIST DRIVING WHILE APPLYING MAKEUP IN BUFFALO, THROUGHOUT ERIE COUNTY, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP-RANKED AND HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK, CAR ACCIDENTS CAUSED BY PUTTING ON MAKEUP LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Over 27 percent of female drivers admitted that they have tried putting on cosmetics while driving. Nearly 10 percent of those women have been involved in at least one car accident. Young women between the ages of 17 to 21 are most likely to try applying makeup behind the wheel. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran team understands that many women lead very busy lives. It may be extremely tempting to multi-task and save time by applying makeup while driving. However, it is not worth jeopardizing your life and the lives of others on the road. If you need to put on makeup before going somewhere, our seasoned lawyers recommend the following:
- Do Your Makeup First: It is much safer to spend a few minutes in front of a mirror at home doing your makeup.
- Apply Cosmetics After Driving: If you need to touch up your makeup, wait until after you reach your destination safely.
- Plan Accordingly: If you find yourself running late or always in a rush, wake up a little earlier or plan to give yourself more time.
- Pull Over: If you find the urge to check your makeup while driving, pull over into a parking lot or the side of the road first.
Any type of complacency behind the wheel can become a potential danger, and putting on makeup is no different. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate lawyers represent those who have suffered severe injuries throughout all of Western New York and beyond. Jed Dietrich, Esq. will enthusiastically litigate to obtain compensation for all your damages, such as hospital bills, lost wages, lack of enjoyment, pain and suffering, life-long disability, permanent scarring, and much more. Please find out for yourself why so many former clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. say that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the finest personal injury lawyer that they know. Contact our battle-tested litigators to discover more about how we can help you. We are available by dialing 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!