Western New York's Most Dangerous Intersections
Intersections have a reputation for being notoriously dangerous for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists alike. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2010, 36 percent of car crashes happened at intersections. When crossing through an intersection you must depend on other motorists to obey traffic signals and yield the right of way. It only takes a few seconds of distraction or a thoughtless split-second decision for someone to run a red light and cause a fatal intersection accident. Driver error was responsible for an enormous 96 percent of all intersection accidents. Further, high traffic, tight turns, lack of visibility, poor design, inadequate maintenance and lighting issues all add to the treachery of intersections. Every city throughout the country has its fair share of intersections that are even more susceptible to accidents than others—and the Western New York region is no exception.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has battled to obtain over $175 million in verdicts and settlements for members of the Western New York community who were injured because of someone else’s negligence. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of aggressive, tenacious and hardworking Buffalo, New York dangerous intersection accident attorneys will strive to obtain the best result possible for victims of serious intersection accidents. Victims of car accidents at an intersection may be eligible for monetary compensation for their medical treatment, lost wages, pain and suffering as well as any other damages through a personal injury lawsuit. Every day, we are committed to attempting to exceed our clients’ expectations and delivering our clients with winning outcomes. Our dedication to providing the highest level of personal injury service to our clients sets us apart from the competition. Call us today at 716-839-3939 to find out how we can help you!
News stories regarding accidents at intersections confirm the danger of many local intersections. Below are five of the worst intersections throughout Western New York:
- The Five Corners in Orchard Park: The five corners intersection in Orchard Park intersects Lake Avenue, Southwestern Boulevard and Orchard Park Road. This intersection has some of the worst traffic and is a commonplace for some of the most tragic accidents throughout all of Western New York.
- Transit Road and Maple Road/Greiner Road in Williamsville: Transit Road is one of the busiest and most dangerous roads in the area. Multiple intersections on Transit Road could have easily made this list; however, the intersection crossing Maple Road is particularly hazardous because of the heavy traffic load on Maple Road.
- Niagara Falls Boulevard and Maple Road: This intersection is located in a hectic area in the northtowns. The steady flow of traffic results from being located next to the Boulevard Mall. There have been quite a few accidents at this intersection over the years.
- Union Road and William Street: Union Road has been a common location for fatal car accidents occurring in Cheektowaga, New York throughout the years. During the morning and afternoon rush hours this intersection is especially congested. Unfortunately, the nearby stoplight at Losson Road does little to help relieve the traffic.
- Southwestern Boulevard and McKinley Parkway: This intersection is unquestionably one of the most dangerous in the southtowns. Traffic seems to get backed up waiting to turn onto McKinley, and due to the relatively short green turn signal, motorists are more prone to try and beat the light to avoid the long wait.
If you, or a loved one, suffered serious injuries or worse in a car accident at a dangerous intersection in Western New York, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team of dangerous intersection accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York are here to fight for your rights during this difficult time. We have handled countless car accidents at intersections and would be honored to speak to you about your possible claim. We offer complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations, so contact us today at 716-839-3939. We can be reached 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), over half of all car accidents involving serious injuries and deaths take place at or near intersections. Therefore, mastering defensive driving through intersections is one of the most crucial tasks for motorists. There are a few simple steps drivers can take when approaching and crossing intersections. Below is a list of some steps you can take to improve your chances of staying safe at intersections:
- Make sure that you are in the appropriate lane before reaching the intersection;
- Stay vigilant and remain aware of your blind spots;
- Always use your turn signal when turning;
- Avoid any distractions;
- Always keep your hands on the steering when and be prepared to brake;
- Watch the car in front of you and anticipate their actions;
- Never tailgate;
- Do not try to beat the light;
- Stop behind the painted line at red lights or stop signs; and
- When a light turns green, look both ways before proceeding.
When you call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. team, we will meticulously investigate your accident and all nuances relating to your accident to ensure that you are in a position to obtain the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. Contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and his top rated team of dangerous intersection accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York for a free consultation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will treat you with respect and compassion, and we are here to help you through this difficult time. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form. Don’t wait! Call today.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!