Car Wash Accident
Our Elite Team of Buffalo, New York Car Wash Accident Lawyers Fight to Obtain the Best Result for People Injured in Car Wash Accidents Across New York State.
Since 2005, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, has been committed to handling serious personal injury cases. Led by New York Super Lawyer Jed Dietrich, Esq., the team of lawyers and paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have obtained over $150,000,000.00 in settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients who were injured because of someone else’s negligence.
If you, or a loved one, suffered an injury in a car wash accident, we are here to help. Our highly experienced staff is aggressive, tenacious and hardworking and will fight for you every step of the way. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939. Call today to schedule a free consultation!
There are over 16,000 car wash establishments in the United States—most of which are operated by automated conveyor systems. Most people are not expecting to suffer a serious personal injury when they enter a car wash. The reality, however, is that unfortunate accidents happen far too often.
There are three main types of car washes:
- Conveyor: In this type of car wash, the vehicle is pulled by a conveyor belt through the car wash. Often, car washes that use conveyor belts require vehicles to be put in neutral so that the belt can catch the tire of the vehicle properly. High pressure nozzles and spinning brushes are used to clean the vehicle.
- In-bay automatic: In-bay automatic car washes are usually found at gas stations. Here, the vehicle pulls into the bay, and a machine moves back and forth over the vehicle to clean it.
- Self-service stations: These are car washes where customers pay to wash their own vehicles.
Car wash accidents can be extremely dangerous and lead to serious personal injuries. Car wash accidents can occur for several reasons, including:
- Cars not being put in neutral: The vast majority of automated car washes require drivers to put their vehicles in neutral. If a driver fails to do so, they could mistakenly accelerate and crash into another car. Car wash employees should direct drivers when to put their vehicles in neutral.
- Automated track belt deficiency: A serious accident could occur if the conveyor belt responsible for guiding the vehicle through the car wash breaks or malfunctions. Car wash business owners are required to regularly inspect and maintain equipment to ensure that it is in proper working condition.
- Vehicle becomes dislodged on track: This can lead to dangerous pile-up accidents inside of the car wash.
- Unclear or improper signage: Car washes are required to have clear and visible signage to point drivers in the correct direction when entering the car wash. Signs that are confusing or unclear can lead to drivers making improper maneuvers, resulting in accidents.
After a car wash accident, it is crucial to act quickly to ensure that your rights are preserved. We highly encourage you to call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately following your accident at 716-839-3939. Our car wash accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York are determined to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries. We strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York and throughout New York State.
Although vehicles in a car wash may be moving at slow speeds, accidents that occur in a car wash can be very serious and potentially life-threatening.
The most common type of accident in a car wash is a rear-end collision. This type of collision usually occurs when one car unexpectedly lurches forward and strikes the car in front of it. In this scenario, the driver who is struck is susceptible to head, neck and back injuries.
Common injuries that are sustained in automatic car wash accidents include:
The force of the impact from the other vehicle can cause a person’s neck and back to jerk forward and snap backward. Some common symptoms of whiplash and neck injuries are:
- Pain or stiffness in neck or shoulders;
- Fatigue and dizziness;
- Blurred vision; and
- Numbness in arms and fingers.
If you are washing your own car at a self-service station or using an in-bay automatic car wash machine at a gas station, there is a decreased likelihood of car accidents. However, there is still a risk of injury! Some common injuries when washing your car at a self-service station include:
- Burns and electrocutions: Car wash equipment must be properly insulated to prevent users from being burned or electrocuted. Burns can also occur if chemicals come into direct contact with bare skin.
- Slip and falls: Car washes utilize a large volume of water, soap and other chemicals. This can leave the surface surrounding the vehicle extremely slippery. It is important to be cautious when moving around your vehicle.
- Pedestrian accidents: Car washes often involve several vehicles in a close vicinity. All it takes is one negligent driver not paying attention to their surroundings to cause an accident at a car wash. If you are outside of your car at a self-service station, be aware of other drivers and your surroundings.
After a serious car wash accident, the most important thing to do is to obtain medical treatment for any injuries that you suffered. Next, you will want the help of a highly experienced personal injury attorney in Buffalo, New York to assist you with the voluminous paperwork involved in a personal injury claim. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of top rated Buffalo, New York car wash accident lawyers and paralegals will complete and submit the documentation that you need to obtain compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939 to schedule your free consultation.
Car wash businesses owe a duty to reasonably protect customers from harm and foreseeable risks. However, there are things that you should keep in mind to prevent car wash accidents and keep yourself safe. These include:
- Ensure that your vehicle is in neutral: The vast majority of conveyor car washes require your vehicle to be in neutral. If your vehicle is not in neutral, your car could lurch forward and strike another car in a rear-end accident.
- Pay attention to signs and directions from employees: Car wash employees should give you directions about where to pull your car up to, when to put your car in neutral and any procedures to follow. Additionally, signs located around the premises may provide other safety information.
- Keep your hands off the steering wheel: If your hands are on the steering wheel, this could cause your vehicle to veer off of the track.
- Keep your foot off the brake: In order for the conveyor belt to pull your vehicle through the car wash properly, you should keep your foot off of the brake. Hitting the brake could cause your vehicle to stall or get stuck inside the car wash.
- Do not use your cell phone: It is important to pay attention to your surroundings while in the car wash. If you are on your phone, you could find yourself in a dangerous situation without even realizing it.
- Remain in the car with your windows up: Car washes utilize heavy machinery, moving parts and dangerous chemicals. In order to stay safe, stay in your car with your windows fully rolled up.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. dedicated his career to fighting for those who were injured as a result of someone else’s negligence. Along with his superb staff of car wash accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has obtained consistently excellent results for his clients. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939 to find out if we can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injury.
WERE YOU INJURED IN A CAR WASH ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, ROCHESTER, NIAGARA FALLS OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK SERIOUS INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!