New York Car Accident Lawyers Explain The MV-104 Form: Motor Vehicle Accident Exchange Form
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Honored with a Better Business Bureau A+ Rating, Our Top Rated Buffalo Car Accident Lawyers Are Dedicated to Representing Individuals Injured in Motor Vehicle Accidents in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
In New York State, a report on motor vehicle accidents found that in a recent two-year period, over 130,000 individuals visited emergency rooms for injuries sustained following motor vehicle accidents. Following a motor vehicle accident in New York State, you are required to submit a Motor Vehicle Accident Exchange Form (MV-104). An MV-104 Form must be filed in specific circumstances. The MV-104 Form is required after a motor vehicle accident if a vehicle sustains damages that amount to more than $1,000 or if anyone involved is injured in any way. If one or both of these conditions are met, the MV-104 Form should be filed no more than ten days following the accident.
This form constitutes an official record of the incident and is one of the pieces of evidence used by elite Buffalo car accident attorneys to strengthen their personal injury clients’ cases. Your MV-104 Form, along with the police report, help to establish the details of the accident. They can also be used to determine and prove liability. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., we have represented countless clients in Buffalo, New York car accident injury cases, and we are well versed when it comes to filing personal injury claims. Call us today at 716-839-3939 or contact us online to receive a free consultation. Remember, you will never be charged until we secure a win for you!What Is An MV-104 Form?
New York State’s Vehicle and Traffic Law requires that a Motor Vehicle Accident Exchange Form (MV-104) be submitted to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) following a car accident. The purpose of this form is to provide information regarding where the accident occurred, the damage done to the vehicles involved, and the individuals involved in the accident. This record provides proof of any damages at the time of the accident and could become an important piece of evidence if any of the individuals involved choose to file a personal injury claim.
In the event of a motor vehicle accident, it is important to inform your insurance company of the incident, regardless of who is at fault. It should be noted, however, that your insurance company will not send in reports of the accident to the DMV. You are still responsible for submitting your own MV-104 Form. If you are at all uncertain about how to fill out your MV-104 Form, or other paperwork associated with your accident, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you. Our dedication to exceeding the expectations of our clients is what sets us apart from the competition. Our team of elite Buffalo car accident attorneys has helped many of our clients fill out their MV-104 Forms and many other important forms pertaining to their car accidents. For more information on how we might be of assistance to you, call us today for your free consultation at 716-839-3939 or contact us online.Frequently Asked Questions
The days following a motor vehicle accident can be challenging, particularly if the accident resulted in a personal injury. Uncertainty regarding what forms to submit and where to send them can be unneeded stress at an already trying time. For answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding MV-104 Forms, see below:
- Do I have to file an MV-104 Form? Yes, you are legally required to file an MV-104 if someone was injured, if the damages amounted to more than $1,000, or a combination of these two circumstances.
- Is there a time limit on filing and MV-104 Form? The MV-104 Form should be submitted to your local DMV within 10 days of the accident.
- What happens if I do not file an MV-104 Form within the deadline? Failure to file within the deadline could be considered a misdemeanor and could result in a temporary suspension of your license.
- How do I submit my MV-104 Form? A completed MV-104 Form can be submitted to the DMV online, mailed in, or dropped off in person.
- Where can I access my MV-104 Form after it has been filed? You can request a copy of your MV-104 Form from the police station or the DMV after the report has been processed.
- Where can I find a sample MV-104 Form? For a link to a sample MV-104 Form, click here.
- Can someone help me file my MV-104 Form? Yes! Our team of top rated Buffalo, New York car accident lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are well acquainted with all of the necessary documentation associated with motor vehicle accidents. We can answer any questions you might have regarding your personal injury claim.
For over twenty years, Jed Dietrich Esq. has helped clients in their personal injury related cases and is more than capable of representing you and your loved ones. He and his team of top rated Buffalo car accident attorneys are dedicated to providing the highest quality service for their clients. Call us today at 716-839-3939 or visit us online to schedule your free consultation. Remember, you will never be charged until we secure a win for you!
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES FROM A CAR ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED BUFFALO, NEW YORK CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!