New York Car Accident Lawyers Explain The NF-2 Form: Application For Motor Vehicle No-Fault Benefits
The Elite Team of Buffalo Car Accident Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Will Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Victims Injured in Motor Vehicle Accidents in Buffalo, Rochester, Niagara Falls, or Another Part of New York State.
New York State is one of only twelve states to implement a No-Fault Auto Insurance Law. The New York State No-Fault Law stipulates that individuals who have sustained injuries are eligible to receive monetary compensation in the event of motor vehicle accidents. In such instances, an Application for Motor Vehicle No-Fault Benefits Form (NF-2) can be submitted to an individual’s insurance company to request compensation for their injuries and missed time from work, if any.
Individuals can fill out an NF-2 Form on their own or with the assistance of an elite Buffalo car accident lawyer. The top rated Buffalo car accident attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are well versed in insurance law and can help answer any questions you might have regarding the NF-2 Form and other legal documents related to your car accident. Call us now at 716-839-3939 or visit us online to receive your free consultation. You will never be charged a fee until we secure a win for you!What Is An NF-2 Form?
The United States experiences an average of two million motor vehicle-related injuries each year. Every individual that climbs behind the wheel of a car to some extent acknowledges the possibility that they might be involved in a motor vehicle accident. However, this awareness is not always sufficient to prepare for the realities and consequences of accidents. A car accident can result in serious injuries, and in some instances, can permanently affect an individual’s ability to work.
New York State’s No-Fault Law was first established in 1974 under Department of Insurance Regulation 68. The purpose of the law was to ensure that individuals injured in motor vehicle accidents could apply for and receive reimbursement for damages caused by their injuries, such as medical bills and missed time from work, even if the person responsible for the accident is uninsured or underinsured. No-Fault coverage is meant to be immediate coverage for your injuries, without the need to determine liability beforehand. If you, or a loved one, sustained injuries from a motor vehicle accident in Buffalo, New York, or the Greater New York Area, you are eligible to file a No-Fault Claim to receive monetary compensation.
The NF-2 Form is one of several forms that can be filed in the event of a motor vehicle accident. In addition to the NF-2 Form, individuals who would like to be reimbursed for lost wages caused the by the motor vehicle accident might be required to fill out either an NF-6 Form if they are currently employed or an NF-7 Form if they are self-employed. If the motor vehicle accident resulted in damages exceeding $1,000 or in a personal injury, an MV-104 Form would need to be completed as well.
The process of filing a personal injury claim can seem overwhelming. In such instances, it is beneficial to seek out the expert help of a top rated Buffalo car accident lawyer. Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a New York Super Lawyer, is well acquainted with the often-calamitous effects of motor vehicle accidents. He has represented countless clients over the years, attaining over $175,000,000 in settlements and verdicts for his personal injury clients, including a $2,750,000 settlement for a 36-year-old woman injured in a head-on collision. If you believe that you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in Buffalo, New York, do not hesitate to reach out to the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.Frequently Asked Questions
Understanding the requirements of a legal document and knowing how to fill it out correctly can be frustrating. To help alleviate some of that stress, we assembled a list of some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the NF-2 Form:
- Where do I submit my NF-2 Form? You should submit your NF-2 Form to the insurance company covering the car you were occupying at the time of the accident.
- What if the motor vehicle I was occupying at the time of the accident is not insured? In the event that the motor vehicle is uninsured, you should file a claim with the Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation (MVAIC). MVAIC is a non-profit organization that works to administer benefits to injured New York State residents who have no other automobile insurance available to them.
- Who pays for a No-Fault insurance claim? Your own insurance company administers your No-Fault benefits for medical treatment, lost wages, and other expenditures. If you choose to file a personal injury claim against the party responsible for your accident, that person’s insurance company will be forced to pay you compensation above and beyond your No-Fault benefits if your claim against them is successful.
- Is there a deadline for filing an NF-2 Form? Yes, the form should be filed within 30 days of the accident occurring.
- Where can I find an NF-2 Form? To view a sample NF-2 Form, click here. You can also obtain an NF-2 Form from the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., where our team of top rated Buffalo car accident lawyers are fully equipped to answer any questions you might have regarding this and other documentation related to your motor vehicle accident.
Everyday Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of Buffalo car accident lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims suffering devastating injuries after being involved in motor vehicle accidents. Our battle-tested team will take immediate action to file a lawsuit and preserve your rights. Then, we will begin collecting evidence and conducting our investigation to determine who should be held accountable for your injuries. We are dedicated and determined to get you the best possible result in Buffalo, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. Our highly experienced team can be reached 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, at 716-839-3939. Call us today!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!