Social Security Disability Authorization Form (SSA-3288)
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Our Top Rated Injury Lawyers in Buffalo, New York, Are Dedicated to Assisting Individuals in their Personal Injury Lawsuits Throughout the Greater New York Area.
In 1935 the Social Security Administration (SSA) was established as a retirement and benefits distribution agency in the United States. While the SSA is mostly concerned with the distribution of funds for retirement and disability benefits, in some instances, it becomes necessary for an individual to grant others access to their personal Social Security Disability records. The Social Security Consent for Release of Information (Form SSA-3288) grants the SSA permission to release the personal records of an individual to a specified person or entity.
One of the circumstances in which a Social Security Disability Authorization Form is required is in the event of a personal injury. Often in these instances, either you or a loved one are recovering from injuries sustained in an accident, and the last thing you need is the anxiety and uncertainty regarding what forms to fill out. The top rated team of personal injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help answer any questions you might have. Do not hesitate to reach out to the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.What Is A Social Security Disability Authorization Form?
For decades the Social Security Administration has been in charge of maintaining the personal financial and medical records of citizens of the United States. In addition to safeguarding personal information, they can release portions of that information upon request, such as in the event of a personal injury claim. The purpose of the Social Security Disability Authorization Form is to officially grant permission to an entity, such as an insurance company, doctor, or attorney, to access personal information that might be needed in order to prove that an individual, in fact, has need of assistance, either financially or medically. The form is a formal statement informing the SSA that a specified individual or entity has permission to request and view your personal records. The form allows the SSA to release information to be used in various circumstances that are specified on the form.
Your personal Social Security Disability records are usually private matters, so it is not uncommon to feel uncomfortable at the thought of releasing that information to others. Jed Dietrich, Esq., a recognized Best Lawyer of America, understands and respects the privacy of every one of his clients. He and his team of top rated personal injury attorneys have represented countless clients in personal injury cases and are more than capable of assisting you and your loved ones in every way. Call us today at 716-839-3939 or visit us online to schedule your free consultation. Remember, you will never be charged until we secure a win for you!Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to filing a personal injury claim, it can sometimes be challenging to know what questions to ask. It is not uncommon to be hesitant when it comes to giving someone access to your personal Social Security Disability records. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the Social Security Disability Authorization Form:
- Who has to sign the Social Security Disability Authorization Form? You are the only person who needs to sign the form. If an individual is a minor or a legally incompetent adult, their parent or guardian can sign on their behalf.
- What information does the Social Security Disability Authorization Form release? When you file a personal injury claim, the defendant’s attorney will attempt to claim that you are not, in fact, injured. They have a right to access your Social Security Disability records in an attempt to prove that you are not injured or that you were already injured before the accident occurred. This is why it is important that you are open and honest with your personal injury attorney from the beginning. Providing your attorney with full disclosure about any past injuries or accidents is paramount. If they have full knowledge from the beginning, your attorney can tailor your case to include your past medical history while focusing on the injuries you sustained in your personal injury accident. If you do not provide this access to your attorney, the defense attorney could attempt to use it against you, and it could be detrimental to your case and your compensation. For more information on your rights and responsibilities as a personal injury client, visit our webpage.
- Where do I submit the form? When you are a client of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., we will assist you in filling out this form and submitting it to the necessary recipients. Never give someone access to your records without first consulting an attorney.
- Where can I find a Social Security Disability Authorization Form? You can find a copy of the form here.
- I have more questions about the Social Security Disability Authorization Form. Can someone at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. help me answer them? Yes! Our team of top rated personal injury lawyers is well versed in this and many other important forms related to your accident. We would be honored to help answer any questions you might have.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SERIOUSLY INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has been operating throughout Buffalo, New York, for over a decade. In that period, we have represented countless personal injury victims and assisted individuals in filing their personal injury claims. If you seek a team of dedicated, hardworking, and skilled lawyers to represent you, the Dietrich Law Firm, P.C., is your top choice. For more information on how we might best represent you, call us today at 716-839-3939 or visit us online.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!