Propane Explosion Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Victims of Propane Explosion Accidents in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
Propane, also commonly known as LP gas or liquefied petroleum, is highly combustible, meaning it can ignite and explode in an instant. Propane is considerably more dangerous than natural gas because it weighs more than air, so it can easily accumulate without victims smelling it. While there are numerous federal and state regulations and standards regarding propane, it is used for a wide variety of residential and commercial applications. Approximately 50 million American households use propane for cooking, heating their homes, heating water, and barbecuing. Families using propane gas are 4 times more likely to be victims of explosions than those using natural gas. Additionally, propane explosions are 12 times more like to cause burns and other severe injuries.
Propane must be handled with extreme caution. When piping is loose, propane tanks are leaking, or standard safety regulations are overlooked, the gas can become highly flammable and catch fire from a tiny spark. Most propane explosions result from code violations, unsafe practices, failure to warn, defective products, lack of adequate safety training of maintenance personnel, or improper storage. Unfortunately, propane explosions can cause life-altering injuries, permanent disfigurement, extreme pain and suffering, total property damage, and other immeasurable damages. Although propane companies and tank manufacturers may attempt to conceal any wrongdoings, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran propane explosion lawyers can determine the cause of your accident and hold all liable parties responsible for their actions.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. founded the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in 2005 with a mission to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Over time, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has seen the devastating impact that explosions can have on a victim’s life, ranging from 3rd-degree burns to death. The best of the best at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. understand the severe emotional trauma and impediments that these injuries can cause. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite team of Buffalo, New York propane explosion accident attorneys is here to assist you in rebuilding everything that you have lost by asserting your legal rights to seek compensation. Honored with a Better Business Bureau A+ Rating, our outstanding law firm will fight to obtain the best result for your injuries and resulting damages. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. at least $1,000,000.00 or more 44 times to compensate his clients for their injuries. Our highly qualified team is available for your free consultation 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. Contact us today so that we can help you!Common Causes of Propane Explosions
Propane should be stored in liquid form in a compressed tank and vaporized into gas before combustion. Nevertheless, the gas presents a constant risk of explosion due to the pressure inside the tank. When mixed with oxygen in the air, propane can become highly flammable. Hazardous practices that result in many propane-related explosions include:
- Grill fires and explosions;
- Incorrectly installing propane stoves, clothes dryers, water heaters, or other appliances;
- Oversight when refilling tanks, such as failing to reignite the pilot lights of appliances;
- Supplying propane that does not contain any added chemical smells to alert consumers of propane leaks;
- Inadequate maintenance of gas tanks, for instance, not replacing worn components;
- Mislabeled or insufficiently labeled equipment;
- Propane suppliers neglecting to perform gas tank inspections; and
- Propane tank leaks caused by malfunctioning valves, defective cylinders, broken gauges, faulty flow valves, worn hoses, or blocked burners.
Explosions typically occur after propane leaks into an enclosed setting. As the gas seeps and mixes with the air, pressure starts to buildup. When the pressure becomes too great, a single spark or even static electricity can trigger a shattering explosion and ensuing fire.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED OR WORSE IN A PROPANE EXPLOSION ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK PROPANE EXPLOSION BURN INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Propane explosions can be very powerful, causing blast wave injuries. These types of injuries occur when the pressure from the detonation hits the skin. Victims may also be hit with flying debris. Propane explosions can cause a broad spectrum of injuries, which are separated into four classifications:
- Primary Blast: These injuries are caused by the sheer power of the primary blast wave. Primary blast injuries often include 2nd and 3rd degree burns, eye ruptures, inner ear damage, internal bleeding, abdominal hemorrhaging, lung injury, and traumatic brain injury.
- Secondary Blast: These penetrating trauma injuries, caused by flying debris, commonly include fractures, lacerations, amputations, dislocations, and soft tissue damage.
- Tertiary Blast: When victims are propelled by the blast winds, tertiary blast injuries can cause skull fractures, spinal cord injuries, and broken bones.
- Quaternary Blast: Quaternary blast injuries are all other injuries associated with propane explosions. These injuries can be caused by exposure to smoke, fire, radiation, biological agents, and also include the psychological trauma of the explosion.
Each year, many victims suffer fatalities in propane explosions. All four of the above injury types can result in wrongful death. If you, or a loved one, have suffered harm in a propane explosion, you should contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, and his seasoned team attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. to learn more about your legal rights.Liability for Propane Explosions
Most propane explosions are complex, involving the acts and omissions of several different parties. As opposed to a single cause, often, multiple minor issues or flaws lead to the explosion. Liability for injuries suffered depends on the unique circumstances that caused your accident. Determining the cause of an explosion and who should be held liable for your injuries requires prompt action. Our veteran attorneys will thoroughly investigate your explosion and retain highly specialized experts and accident reconstructionists. Claims are typically based on corporate negligence, human oversight, and product liability. The following is a list of potentially liable parties:
- Anyone responsible for directly damaging the propane tank;
- Manufacturers of faulty propane tanks;
- Manufacturers of defective parts used to make the propane tank;
- Retailers of defective propane tanks and components;
- Propane suppliers and tank installers;
- Those responsible for inspecting and maintaining your propane tank;
- Installers of propane gas appliances; and
- Individuals or companies storing propane if the explosion injures others.
Propane explosions are among the most devastating and catastrophic accidents that can occur. These incidents often lead to the destruction of property, severe burns, other tragic injuries, and even wrongful death. You may have the right to seek monetary compensation for your past and future medical bills, lost wages from work, pain and suffering, and reduced earning capacity. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome sets us apart from the competition. Contact our battle-tested team today at 716-839-3939 to find out more about how we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!