Treatment For Burns
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Determined, Disciplined, and Dedicated Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Victims Severely Injured in Burn-Related Incidents in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
According to the American Burn Association (ABA), burn injuries are one of the leading causes of injuries and fatalities throughout the country. From 2011 to 2015, there were roughly 486,000 fire or burn injuries treated at emergency rooms. The main causes of burn injuries include contact with hot objects, electrical, fire-flames, scalds, and chemicals. The dangerous conditions that lead to burns are often the result of another person or entity’s carelessness or negligence. For instance, car crashes that cause burns often result from other motorists violating traffic laws. In the case of dangerous or defective products, manufacturers can be held liable for producing goods that catch fire, including phones, microwaves, and hair dryers.
Victims of brutal burns are often incapacitated at hospitals for weeks or even months, instead of being able to work. Even with medical insurance, hospital bills and other treatment costs can accumulate quickly. This can be exceptionally burdensome when victims are out of work, especially when considering the other emotional and psychological problems that often accompany burn injuries. If any type of negligence has caused you, or a loved one, to suffer a burn injury, it is crucial to understand your legal rights. We highly recommend consulting with an experienced burn injury attorney to discuss the details of your injury. Pursuing a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party may be the only way to start recovering and rebuilding your life. You may be entitled to monetary compensation for all of the damages you have suffered because of your burn, including lost wages from missed work, surgeries, rehabilitation, and psychological counseling.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an Elite Lawyer of America, has battled to obtain over $175 Million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were seriously injured in Buffalo, New York, and beyond. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of burn accident injury lawyers have witnessed the devastating consequences that these types of injuries can have on victims, and ultimately their loved ones. After getting badly burned, a victim may be subjected to innumerable difficulties while healing and getting his or her life back on track. Our veteran lawyers are here to assist you in rebuilding everything that you have lost by asserting your legal rights to seek compensation.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team of highly experienced and influential lawyers are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for burn victims. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome is what sets us apart from the competition. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team offers complimentary case evaluations and consultations. Jed Dietrich, Esq. would be honored to speak with you about your burn accident claim. Call us today at 716-839-3939 to find out how we can help you! We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!Immediate Action for Dealing With Severe Burns
Each year, in the United States, approximately 20,000 victims have major burns affecting at least 25 percent of their body surface, and roughly 4,500 of these victims die. If the burn is severe, you should call 911. There are several actions you can take before medical professionals arrive, including:
- Take the victim far away from the cause of the burn. If something electrical caused the burn, make certain that the power is off before approaching them;
- Make sure that the victim is still breathing. If not, start mouth-to-mouth resuscitation immediately;
- If possible, keep the burned area elevated above heart level;
- Cover the burn wound with a cool, clean bandage. Never place an extensive or severe burn underwater because it can trigger a rapid drop in body temperature and cause hypothermia;
- Maintain a close eye for any symptoms of shock, like dizziness, shallow breathing, fainting, or pale skin. If you observe any signs, try elevating their legs and feet. Rotate the victim on their side if they begin vomiting; and
- Remove anything that might restrict the victim’s movement, such as belts and jewelry.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY BURNED IN AN ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK BURN ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
The extent of physical damage and pain caused by a burn injury varies depending on the burn’s severity. First-degree burns are the least injurious, while third-degree burns are the most damaging. Proper burn treatment is determined by the type of burn suffered. Please see the following recommended burn treatments:
- First-Degree Burns: 1st-degree burns only affect the outer layer of the skin and usually do not necessitate any hospitalization. Generally, these burns tend to heal within a few days and can be cured with a combination of skincare products, such as antibiotic ointment and aloe vera cream, and over-the-counter pain medication like Tylenol.
- Second-Degree Burns: These burns can harm both the inner and outer layers of the skin. In some instances, the damaged area may blister. 2nd-degree burns usually take a few weeks to fully heal and should be treated with prescription painkillers and an antibiotic ointment or cream.
- Third-Degree Burns: Due to the severity, third-degree burns often require emergency medical care and more aggressive treatments such as intravenous antibiotics to prevent infection. Depending on the damage of the burn, use of synthetic skin, skin grafting, debridement, or reconstruction surgeries may also be needed. Skin grafting, an extremely painful surgery, places healthy skin removed from another part of the victim’s body over the damaged area. During the surgery, victims encounter the risk of infections and bleeding profusely. After skin grafting, the grafted skin may die. Since 3rd-degree burns can damage muscle, tissue, bone, and vital organs, these burns may not heal for several months. Even after healing, victims can still suffer from chronic pain and require ongoing care from burn specialists, multiple prescription medications, and lengthy rehabilitative physical therapy. Permanent scarring and disfigurement can lead to significant emotional and psychological trauma, which should be adequately addressed by a psychologist.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s practiced team is firmly committed to fighting for the rights of burn sufferers. We have vast experience in obtaining justice for victims and know how to properly and aggressively pursue burn accident injury claims. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and his elite team of Buffalo, New York burn injury lawyers at least $1,000,000.00 or more 33 times to compensate his clients for their injuries. The Dietrich Legal Team will zealously battle to attempt to obtain the best result for your injury claim. If you, or a loved one, suffered a serious burn injury, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his elite team for a free consultation. Our exceptional team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form. We are the aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking Western New York personal injury lawyers who are ready to fight for the compensation that you deserve!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!