School Burn Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Team of Leading Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Children Who Suffered Harm Caused by School Burn Accidents in Buffalo, New York.
Parents place a significant amount of trust in schools to keep their children unharmed. Since parents are not physically present with their kids at school, it is the school’s responsibility to ensure the children’s safety by providing enough responsible and sufficiently trained staff members to effectively monitor and oversee all of the children’s activities. Far too often, though, negligence and carelessness on the part of schools and teachers result in serious injuries to students. Injuries at school can take many forms, such as when a Manhattan high school student was severely burned by a massive fireball during a chemistry teacher’s nitrate-experiment that went wrong. Unfortunately, this Manhattan high school student is not alone; there has been a recent wave of students that suffered burn injuries at school.
No child should have to suffer physically or psychologically because of another’s negligence. Way too many children suffer serious burn injuries in avoidable and unnecessary accidents. You may be surprised to learn that there is usually more to a school burn accident than meets the eye. A meticulous investigation of your child’s school burn injury may uncover carelessness, negligence, or even recklessness on the part of the staff members. Jed Dietrich, Esq. recognizes the anguish and apprehension that parents may experience after their child is burned at school. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate team of Buffalo, New York school burn injury attorneys have seen the impact that the terrible burns suffered by victims can have on them, and ultimately their loved ones. After a burn mishap, the parents or guardians should make taking care of the child their top priority, and our team is here to help with the rest. Pursuing a personal injury claim against those responsible for your child’s school burn injury may be the only way to begin to recover.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has battled to obtain over $175 million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were injured in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; throughout New York State and beyond. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an exceptional outcome is what sets us apart from the competition. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. offers complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of personal injury attorneys would be honored to speak with you about your child’s school burn injury claim. Our exceptional team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form. We are the aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers who are ready to fight for the compensation that you and your child deserve!Steps To Take After Your Child Has Been Burned At School
While many school burn injuries are relatively minor, others can be severe and result from gross negligence or even abuse. If your child has suffered an injury resulting from such behavior, it is crucial to be aware of your best recourse as well as ensure that they receive the best possible medical care and support. The most appropriate steps to take after a school burn incident include:
1. Seek immediate medical attention: If any serious injury takes place on the school’s premises, staff should contact you to pick up your child. The school nurse may even recommend a specific course of action. However, even if your child comes home injured without the school’s notification, you should bring them to the emergency room or urgent care, depending on the severity of his or her burn.
2. Find out what happened: Once your child is in stable condition, you should ask him or her how they got burned. Ask for the names of any staff and other students that were involved in the incident as well as all other vital details.
3. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney: Personal injury cases involving burns at school can be quite complex. If your child was burned at school, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, and his seasoned team of Buffalo, New York school burn injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. for a free consultation.
4. Inform the school: After a burn occurs, you should make certain that protections are put in place to prevent any future burns. Only after the school corrects the problem will it be safe to send your child back.
DID YOUR CHILD SUFFER A BURN INJURY AT SCHOOL IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK SCHOOL BURN INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Treatment for burn injuries can have both long and short-term effects on victims. Victims are forced to endure painful treatment and, in severe cases, learn to cope with permanent scarring and disfigurement. Treatment methods, such as reconstructive surgeries and skin grafts, can be remarkably invasive and expensive. Parents whose children were victims of school burn injuries are entitled to compensation for all of their children’s injuries. The parents or legal guardians of a seriously injured minor can pursue recovery for damages through a personal injury lawsuit against the school or responsible party, which may include compensation for:
- Past and future medical costs due to your child’s burn;
- Costs associated with in-home care and rehabilitation;
- Permanent injury or disabilities suffered;
- Diminished future loss of earning capacity for your child;
- Pain and suffering (both physical and mental) suffered by your child;
- Your child’s loss of enjoyment in life;
- Parents missed time from work; and
- Compensation for scarring and disfigurement.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. team possesses the knowledge and skill necessary to thoroughly investigate your child’s burn injury and make certain that your child is in a position to obtain the highest possible recovery for their damages. Every school burn injury case must be evaluated on its own merits because burn injuries tend to fluctuate dramatically in their severity. Time and time again, former clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have said that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the best personal injury lawyer in Western New York. View our Google 5 Star rating and clients’ testimonials by clicking here. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!