Western New York Day Spa Chemical Burn Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Persuasively Fight to Obtain the Maximum Compensation for Individuals Injured in Day Spas in Western New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
Whether trying to look more youthful or polished, everyone wants to look their best. It is hardly surprising that Americans spend billions of dollars each year on hair and beauty services. This includes various cosmetic treatments, such as hair dying, bleaching, facial peels, hair straightening, and styling with chemicals. Unfortunately, underneath the perfect hair colors and styles, there is a dark side to the beauty industry. Most people do not even realize that 1000s of victims suffer devastating burns and other injuries at day spas. When someone is exposed to the dangerous chemicals used in some spa treatments, there is always a risk of adverse reactions. Negligent stylists and the application of toxic chemicals on clients’ heads are a horrible combination.
When spa employees are inadequately trained, violate health standards, or act carelessly, clients can suffer devastating injuries or worse. It is not uncommon for victims to suffer burned scalps, hair loss, permanent bald spots, scarring, life-altering disfigurement, or severe infection. These injuries can affect a victim’s self-confidence, relationships, social life, and career. Suppose that you, or a family member, have suffered a chemical burn while receiving a beauty treatment. If that injury is because of the incompetence of a beautician, then you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit against both the spa and the responsible employee. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned lawyers have extensive practice litigating chemical burn injuries. Our highly experienced attorneys will go to extraordinary lengths to investigate your claims, examine possible nuances, and collect key evidence to build the strongest possible spa injury claim.
Highly praised as a Super Lawyer, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his elite attorneys have witnessed the shocking impact that chemical burns can have. Although proving liability in these types of cases is not always easy, our top rated lawyers have decades of experience in devising extremely successful litigation tactics. Our attorneys will obtain the highest possible outcome for your case. Please contact us today by calling 716-839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form. Our firm offers a free consultation and a No Win No Fee guarantee, meaning there is absolutely no risk.Negligence That Contributes To Chemical Burns At Day Spas
Beauticians and spa technicians are specially trained in various hair, body, and facial treatments. These specialists are governed by numerous laws and regulations to ensure competent work and, most importantly, the safety of clients. Some negligent actions or inactions that commonly lead to chemical burns include:
- Failing to Select an Appropriate Treatment or Product: Not every treatment is appropriate for each client. Some clients are particularly sensitive to certain products. Spa technicians are responsible for determining a client’s potential adverse reactions and what treatments will be safest. Additionally, stylists must use their knowledge to choose proper products for use in a particular application.
- Failure to Test Product: Before using a product on a client, hairdressers must conduct tests to determine possible adverse reactions. Applying a product without trying it out is considered negligence on the beautician’s behalf. This is especially true with new clients and the latest products. Failing to conduct a safety analysis could result in preventable burns and severe allergic reactions.
- Not Using the Treatment as Directed: All products should contain a manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations for safe use. Although a beautician may choose an appropriate product, he or she may still fail to use the product as directed. For instance, leaving a hair dye in longer than recommended can cause a client to suffer burns and hair loss.
- Neglecting to Carefully Perform the Treatment: Even when a spa technician chooses an appropriate treatment and uses it as directed, injuries can still result due to careless application. For example, failing to wash the bleach out of a client’s hair before applying dye could result in severe blistering on the scalp.
- Using Expired or Contaminated Products: When mixed improperly or left open, hair treatment chemicals can cause adverse chemical or allergic reactions.
DID YOU, OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, SUFFER BRUTAL CHEMICAL BURNS AT A DAY SPA IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS ELITE AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF WESTERN NEW YORK DAY SPA CHEMICAL BURN INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Chemical burns tend to scorch deep into the skin and can be incredibly painful. Knowing the chemical that burned you is crucial for proper treatment. The severity of symptoms suffered is contingent on how the chemical reacted upon skin contact, the size of the burn, the location, and the duration of exposure. When a victim’s skin experiences irritation, burning, redness, numbness, or blistering, you should take the following steps:
- Evaluate the severity of the burn;
- Call for emergency treatment if the affected area is more than 3 inches or the chemical penetrated the top layer of skin;
- If the victim experiences faintness, shallow breathing, or pale complexion, contact a doctor immediately;
- Take off any clothing that has been contaminated by the chemical;
- Burn gels and creams should be avoided because they can inhibit the healing of chemical burns;
- Never pop burn-related blisters because this can heighten the risk of infection;
- Loosely wrap a sterile gauze bandage around the injured area; and
- See a doctor as soon as possible.
After a doctor determines the extent and severity of your burn, he will develop a treatment plan. More serious chemical burns may require skin grafting, plastic surgery, pain management, counseling, and occupational therapy.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly qualified attorneys will do everything in their power to ensure that you receive the medical care and compensation that you deserve. Jed Dietrich, Esq. will fight for you throughout your entire case. We would be pleased to offer you a free, no-obligation chemical burn lawsuit evaluation and consultation. Our battle-tested attorneys would love the opportunity to discuss your potential spa negligence claim further. The Dietrich Legal Team’s zealous lawyers are available twenty-five-seven at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!