Types of Truck Accidents
Jed Dietrich, Esq. Is A Highly Experienced, Aggressive, Tenacious And Hardworking Personal Injury Attorney In Buffalo, New York Representing Truck Accident Victims.
In the United States, trucks deliver nearly 70% of all freight every year. Trucks play a vital role in the growth and progress of our society. The risks posed by these large vehicles, however, are significant. When truck drivers and commercial trucking companies are negligent and ignore safety regulations, that risk is amplified. In 2018 alone, 4,136 people were killed in large truck crashes and 67% of those killed were occupants of cars and other passenger vehicles. Some of the most devastating injuries on New York highways are caused by truck accidents. Trucks can inflict catastrophic injuries on occupants of passenger vehicles and cause substantial amounts of property damage.
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. our lawyers are well versed in all kinds of truck accidents, and we are known for our aggressive and tenacious approach to pursuing damages for our clients. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of top rated Buffalo, New York truck accident attorneys in excess of $175 million to resolve injury claims.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of truck accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York have successfully represented many victims of trucking accidents. We are not only dedicated and driven, but we know the nuances of New York personal injury laws, which allows us to seek maximum compensation for our clients. Call us today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation.
There are a number of different types of large trucks on the roadways of Western New York. Whether you are faced with a tractor-trailer, flatbed truck, tanker truck, garbage truck, cement truck, tow truck or U-Haul truck you may be at risk of seriously injury if the truck driver or trucking company acts negligently. Most truck accidents could be easily avoided if trucking companies and truck drivers practiced safe driving, proper loading and maintenance of their vehicles. Our legal team at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has pursued numerous cases of trucking accidents and held the responsible parties accountable.
Some of the most common types of truck accidents in Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Rochester, and other parts of New York State include:
- Underride Collisions: If a truck brakes too quickly, the smaller vehicles behind it can be propelled underneath the truck’s trailer, on impact. This type of truck accident is known as one of the deadliest truck accidents.
- Jackknife Incidents: If a truck driver suddenly brakes, hard and fast, it can cause the truck’s trailer to slide outward, creating a 90-degree angle with the cab of the truck. This motion causes the trailer to swing uncontrollably, across several lanes of traffic, often colliding with multiple vehicles.
- Rollover Accidents: A rollover occurs when a truck loses traction, skids and rolls over onto its side. A rollover accident is very likely to result in collisions with nearby passenger vehicles.
- Brake Failure, Trailer Disconnect and Tire Blowout Accidents: When a large truck is not well maintained it can cause disastrous consequences for nearby vehicles.
- Overloaded Truck Accident: An overloaded truck is a safety hazard for nearby vehicles. An overloaded truck is at increased risk of a rollover accident, requires more stopping distance and can obstruct the view of other motorists on the road.
- Wide Turn Collisions: When a truck driver causes the truck to swing left in an effort to make a right turn, unsuspecting vehicles in the way of the truck are at great risk of danger.
- Blind Spot Accidents: Blind spots on large trucks are significant. If a truck driver fails to see surrounding vehicles while changing lanes, the adjacent vehicles run the risk of being struck, crushed or forced off of the road altogether.
- Head-On Collisions: When a truck collides with another vehicle head-on, the driver and passengers of the opposing vehicle could sustain catastrophic injuries, life-long disabilities and even death because of the great force of the impact.
If you think a truck company or truck driver is responsible for your injuries, call Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, and his team of highly skilled truck accident attorneys in Buffalo, New York at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation.
While there are a number of reasons that truck accidents occur in Western New York and throughout New York State, trucking accidents are often caused by one of the following:
- Negligent Driving: This can include: speeding, careless driving, distracted driving, driving under the influence, driver fatigue, aggressive driving, failure to check blind spots, making improper turns, tailgating, and disregarding road signs or traffic laws.
- Poor Maintenance or Mechanical Failure: If the braking system and tires are worn or damaged, they can cause the truck driver to lose control of the vehicle. If an accident occurs because of faulty equipment, the truck company can be held responsible.
- Driver Inexperience: If the truck driver is not properly trained or comfortable driving, they can easily lose control of the vehicle, causing it to collide with other vehicles or obstructions on the road.
If you were injured in an accident caused by a large truck, you want to find the best Buffalo, New York truck injury lawyer to help you. The team of experienced Buffalo, New York truck accident attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. want to help you if you were injured in a truck accident. Our team will explore every avenue to ensure that you are in a position to receive the appropriate compensation for your personal injuries.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT INVOLVING A TRUCK IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 TODAY!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to get the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!