Truck Accident Injuries
A Superior Team of Superb and Elite Trial Lawyers Fighting to Obtain the Best Results for Those Injured in Truck Accidents in Buffalo, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq. has settled in excess of 20 cases for 1 million dollars, or more, for car, SUV and truck accident injuries in Buffalo, New York. Our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking Buffalo, New York truck accident injury lawyers realize the danger that large trucks pose to other passenger cars sharing the road. If you, or a loved one, have been injured in an accident with a truck, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will zealously fight to obtain the best result for your truck accident.Increased Risk of Injury and Death After Truck Accidents
The reality is that trucks are larger and more powerful than passenger vehicles, at times weighing over 20,000 pounds and moving at high speeds along interstates and highways. Due to the fact that these vehicles are 20-30 times heavier than the average car, there is an increased risk for injury and death when a truck crashes.
According to the IIHS, 68% of the truck accident deaths in 2017 were suffered by people in passenger vehicles—not the driver of the truck.Common Injuries After A Truck Accident
If you have been hurt in a truck accident, you may be suffering from one of these injuries:Broken Bones
An impact with a truck can lead to broken bones, often referred to as fractures. These commonly include:
- Broken arms;
- Broken legs;
- Broken pelvis;
- Broken ribs; and
- Broken facial bones.
A fractured or broken bone can sometimes require surgery. This painful procedure could require that you spend a long period of time in a cast and extensive physical therapy treatment.Neck and Back Injuries
Herniated or bulging disks in your neck or back can irritate nerves and cause severe pain. The force of an impact with a large truck can also lead to soft tissue damage in your upper body, neck and back. This can lead to chronic pain and loss of range of motion.
Often times, neck and back pain and the resulting loss of range of motion can prevent you from working.
For more information on neck and back injuries, click here.Whiplash
In a car accident, your seatbelt keeps you in place in an effort to improve safety. However, a common injury suffered because of the seatbelt is whiplash. Whiplash occurs when your neck is injured from forceful, back-and-forth movement. Whiplash can lead to numbness and pain in your upper body. In addition to whiplash, a seatbelt can lead to a neck strain. Common symptoms of whiplash include:
- Decreased range of motion in the neck;
- Neck pain, stiffness and pain that increases with movement;
- Numbness; and
Dangerous chemicals, in addition to fuel and gasoline, are carried by trucks and can be spilled on impact. In many cases, these chemicals are harmful when they come in contact with human skin, and may also be flammable. Burns are some of the most painful injuries that one can suffer in an accident with a truck.
Painful burns can lead to scarring, discoloration and permanent damage to the skin. Burns can lead to infection if not treated properly.Internal Injuries
Impacts with a large truck can result in blunt force trauma and damage to your internal organs. Examples of organs that can be hurt in a truck accident include, but are not limited to:
- Brain. Including concussions, hemorrhages, contusions and brain bleeding.
- Spleen. A ruptured spleen can be life-threatening and occurs from blunt force trauma on impact.
- Lungs. A collision can lead to a punctured or collapsed lung, which can happen when your chest slams into the steering wheel or dashboard on impact. This painful injury may require immediate medical attention.
- Heart. Blunt force trauma to the chest can bruise the heart muscle (myocardial contusion), tear the wall of the heart (ventricular rupture), cause the heart to bleed (pericardium) and lead to an irregular heartbeat.
- Kidney. Blunt force trauma or a penetrating wound to the kidneys can lead to serious injuries. This includes kidney failure, high blood pressure, infection and urinary tract complications.
Head trauma includes injuries such as:
- Concussion. An injury to the brain caused by a blow to the head which causes the brain to move, twist or bounce, leading to damaged cells and chemical changes.
- Hematoma. Occurs when a blood vessel leaks into the surrounding tissue of the body.
- Coma. A prolonged state of unconsciousness and unresponsiveness due to severe injury.
Damage to the head and brain can lead to permanent damage like paralysis. Paralysis is an extremely devastating injury, resulting in loss of muscle function and control in your body. In addition, a person’s cognitive functions such as memory, retention of information and attention span can be affected.Wrongful Death
It is estimated that you are 10 times more likely to die in a crash with a tractor-trailer than a regular car. Unfortunately, 4,327 people died and 148,000 people were injured in 2017 from accidents involving trucks. Trucks and tractor-trailers are inherently dangerous, having a high center of gravity, which makes them susceptible to rolling over, slipping and sliding.
Statistics via: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
If you, or a loved one, have suffered from injuries from an accident with a tractor-trailer, you deserve the best truck accident attorney in Buffalo, New York. After your accident, call Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his elite team of lawyers and paralegals. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has an aggressive, tenacious and hardworking approach, and will battle for the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (716) 839-3939.What to do After a Truck Accident Injury
The steps that you take after a truck accident are critical to your case. Here are some measures you can take to preserve your rights:
- Take photographs of damage to your vehicle, as well as skid marks and debris in the road. This is evidence that will help to establish what caused the accident.
- Obtain license plate information, insurance information and contact information from the other driver.
- Call 911 to report the accident to the police. Make sure that you get to a safe place to protect you and your passengers from the dangerous accident scene and oncoming traffic.
- Evaluate yourself and your passengers for injuries, and seek immediate medical attention if you are hurt.
- Call a superior Buffalo, New York truck accident attorney. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his excellent staff understand the nuances of the law surrounding truck accidents, and have recovered over $150,000,000 for their clients. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will zealously fight for you and attempt to obtain the best result for the damages that you have suffered. If you are injured in a truck accident, you want the best personal injury lawyer in Buffalo, New York. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq. and the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. for a free consultation at (716) 839-3939.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!