Truck Accident FAQs
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Battle to Obtain the Best Result for Victims Severely Injured in Truck Accidents in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
Being involved in an accident with a large commercial truck or tractor-trailer can be a terrible ordeal. Commercial trucks carry a tremendous amount of weight, size, and force. At weights of up to 80,000 pounds, large trucks can weigh 20 to 30 times more than the average passenger vehicle. Occupants of passenger vehicles do not stand a chance against large trucks in severe collisions. Truck accidents have the potential to cause catastrophic consequences, including severe injuries and even death. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, more than 500,000 truck accidents occur each year, resulting in almost 5,000 fatalities. Approximately 12 percent of all traffic-related fatalities throughout the country are caused by commercial truck accidents. Victims lucky enough to survive truck crashes often suffer long-lasting physical and emotional scars.
Between the costly hospital bills, lost wages, reduced future ability to earn wages, and pain and suffering, the long-lasting consequences of a truck accident on you and your family can be heartbreaking. The last thing truck accident victims need is to be troubled by legal issues. If you, or a loved one, have suffered severe injuries or worse in a truck accident, you need the best attorney in Western New York to pursue your claim and hold those responsible accountable.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, and his top rated team of truck accident attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims of commercial truck accidents. Our experienced team will take immediate action to file a lawsuit and preserve your rights. We will collect evidence, thoroughly investigate your accident, and determine who should be held liable. Our skilled truck accident attorneys are familiar with insurance companies’ devious settlement tactics. We will evaluate your case and determine a fair assessment of all of your damages. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to resolve personal injury claims. If you have questions or need help after an accident, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our highly qualified team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.Frequently Asked Questions About Commercial Truck Crashes
If you would like to learn more, below are the answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding large trucking accidents:
- Do I need an attorney if I am injured in a New York accident involving a large or commercial truck? Accidents with commercial trucks are typically much more complex than other car accidents. The importance of hiring an experienced, skilled, and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer cannot be stressed enough. Our immediate intervention in the wake of a crash can make a world of difference in your case. Truck crashes typically involve numerous factors and multiple parties, even in instances where only two vehicles were involved. Mistakes and missed evidence can greatly affect your right to compensation as well as the damages you can obtain. In the event of an accident, most trucking companies employ a team of lawyers to defend them. Pursing a lawsuit against a commercial trucker is not a process that you should take on alone. It is crucial to have an attorney to help fight for your legal rights and obtain sufficient compensation.
- How much will it cost me to bring a suit if I was hurt in a Buffalo, New York truck accident? There are never any up-front costs or out-of-pocket expenses to retain the legal services of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s qualified commercial truck accident attorneys. Our best of the best team will only seek compensation for their services after your case is settled with the insurance company or after a winning verdict in your trial. Our seasoned attorneys work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning our final legal fees are subject to the compensation we obtain for you. If you decide to have us represent you, we will enter into an agreement detailing that the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will retain a set proportion of your case’s final settlement or court award.
- How long will it take to resolve my New York truck accident case? The average truck accident claim generally takes anywhere from 6 months to as much as 5 years. Insurance companies are notorious for rushing victims to settle their claims as quickly as possible. Once you hire an attorney, the insurance company may attempt to delay your case. The amount of time it takes to settle your claim generally depends on liability, the trucker’s insurance policy, your injuries, required future medical treatment, and settlement negotiations. If an adequate settlement cannot be reached, it may be necessary to go to trial.
- What do I need to win my New York truck accident case? To recover damages in a truck accident, your attorney has to prove that the truck driver was negligent. This means that the truck driver owed a duty of care to you, the driver breached his or her duty of care, the breach of their duty caused your injury, and you suffered actual damages as a result. A driver can breach his or her duty of reasonable care in numerous ways, including overloading their truck, steering errors, driving while sleep-deprived, improper lane changing, failing to yield the right-of-way, distracted driving, driving too fast for the road conditions, or even drinking and driving.
- How much is my New York Truck accident case worth? The truth is every case is unique, and there is no straightforward calculation to determine the exact value of your accident. The most important aspects in determining the value of your case are the severity of your injuries, pre-existing injuries, how long recovery is expected to take, and any economic losses suffered. Full compensation for all economic and non-economic losses through a personal injury lawsuit may include compensation for both past and future medical expenses for all injuries, property damage, lost wages from missed work, diminished future earning capacity, pain and suffering, loss of companionship, loss of enjoyment, permanent disabilities suffered, and wrongful death.
- Should I accept the first settlement offer from the insurance company? You should never agree to take an insurance company’s settlement offer without first consulting with an experienced truck accident lawyer. Insurance companies are well known for downplaying victims’ injuries. Oftentimes, agents will try to get victims to admit fault or waive some of the trucker’s liability. The insurance company may try to make a lowball settlement offer in an attempt to make your claim go away faster. However, once you accept an insurance company’s settlement offer, even if your injuries turn out to be more serious than you initially thought, you will be unable to obtain further compensation. Necessary future surgeries and treatment, being unable to hold a job, and any further complications that may arise could significantly increase your actual damages. Although you may be tempted to settle your claim early, it may result in obtaining considerably less compensation than is reasonable.
- What should I do if I’m involved in an accident with a commercial truck? If you are injured, the first thing that you should do is seek immediate medical attention. Call the police so that they can file an accident report. Before help arrives, try to collect as much evidence as possible to support your case. Obtain the truck driver’s insurance information. Take pictures or videos of the scene of the accident, damage to the vehicles involved, your injuries, and any skid marks that can be used to strengthen your injury claim. Additionally, try to identify any potential witnesses and obtain their contact information. After the initial shock of the accident is over, you should consider contacting Jed Dietrich, Esq. distinguished as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and his team of highly experienced and top rated commercial truck accident injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED IN A CRASH INVOLVING A LARGE TRUCK IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK TRUCK ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases throughout the United States since 1999, including numerous truck accident lawsuits. In the unfortunate case that you suffered injuries because of the negligence or recklessness of a truck driver, allow Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a Best Attorney of America, and his team of highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking Buffalo, New York commercial truck accident lawyers to fight for you. The last thing you need is to be worried about legal issues. While you focus on recovering and getting your life back together, we will pursue the compensation that you and your family deserve. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team offers complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations. We would be honored to speak to you about your possible claim. Call us today at 716-839-3939.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!