Albany Elmiron Injury
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Honored Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Best Attorneys of America, and His Top Rated Team of Defective Medication Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Litigate to Demand the Greatest Compensation for Victims Diagnosed with Macular Degeneration or Other Adverse Eye Conditions After Taking Elmiron in Albany, New York, and Throughout the Capital Region.
Pentosan polysulfate sodium (PPS), better known under the brand name Elmiron, is the only U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved oral medication for treating interstitial cystitis. Patients suffering from interstitial cystitis usually have irritated or swollen bladder walls that can cause scarring and hardening. Symptoms of the chronic bladder condition commonly include sudden urges to urinate, intense pelvic pain, frequent urination typically of small amounts (up to 75 times per day), and discomfort during sexual intercourse. Elmiron is manufactured by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and was approved for use in 1996 under the Orphan Drug Act. The act grants special status to promote the development of medications to treat rare diseases. Millions of patients are currently prescribed Elmiron, often for long-term use.
However, Elmiron has recently come under fire for causing severe eye injuries. Users of the drug all across the country have suffered serious vision damage. Most noteworthy, the medication has been found to cause macular degeneration, an eye disease that causes the central part of the retina to wear down. The retina is responsible for sensing light, seeing clearly, and sending signals to the brain necessary for vision. Unfortunately, the disease is typically not diagnosed until it affects both eyes or the retina damage becomes acute. If you, or someone close to you, were one of Janssen’s countless victims who have suffered from vision loss after being negligently exposed to Elmiron, you owe it to yourself to contact Albany, New York’s finest personal injury lawyer. Although no amount of money can reverse your eye damage, you may be eligible to file a product liability lawsuit.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate team sympathizes with your feelings of rage, distress, and uneasiness after being diagnosed with macular degeneration. Pursuing your case can provide a sense of justice by holding Janssen accountable for their lack of concern for patients’ eyesight. Pricey litigation tends to encourage pharmaceutical manufacturers to produce safer drugs. Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as one of America's Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys, has been prosecuting serious personal injury and product liability lawsuits for more than 20 years and retains the knowledge and confirmed results to demand the compensation you deserve. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has forced insurance companies and drug manufacturers to pay over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to resolve his client’s injury claims. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of outstanding and highly experienced Albany, New York Elmiron eye injury lawyers will ensure that you are in a position to receive the maximum possible recovery for your damages. Our elite team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling (716) 839-3939.Common Treatments For Macular Degeneration
Regrettably, no cure for macular degeneration currently exists. However, various treatments can help slow the progression of the disorder or keep you from losing all of your vision. Viable treatment options typically include:
- Laser Therapy: Light from a high-energy laser can help destroy abnormal blood vessels developing in your eyes.
- Anti-Angiogenesis Medications: These medications, such as Avastin, Eylea, Lucentis, and Macugen, impede the formation and leaking of blood vessels in the eye that cause macular degeneration. This treatment might be needed several times. Many patients who have taken these drugs were fortunate enough to recover some of their vision that was lost.
- Photodynamic Laser Therapy: During this treatment, an ophthalmologist injects a light-sensitive medication that is absorbed by the abnormal blood vessels. The physician then shines a laser into the patient’s eyes to activate the drug, which destroys the irregular blood vessels.
- Low Vision Devices: These aids typically consist of special lenses or automated systems that generate larger images of nearby objects. Low vision devices assist patients who have suffered macular degeneration-related vision loss make the most of whatever vision they have left.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER EYE DAMAGE OR VISION LOSS AFTER BEING PRESCRIBED ELMIRON IN ALBANY, THROUGHOUT THE CAPITAL REGION, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS VETERAN AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF ALBANY, NEW YORK ELMIRON EYE INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (716)-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Elmiron lawsuits allege that the manufacturer knew of the dangers associated with their medication. Instead of warning millions of innocent Elmiron users, Janssen elected to conceal the risks of eye damage. By placing the enormous profits generated from Elmiron above patients with interstitial cystitis, countless victims were continuously exposed to pentosan polysulfate sodium. Even after research conducted in 2015 demonstrated that Elmiron was toxic to retinal tissues, Janssen failed to update its product’s labeling to warn of vision problems until June 2020.
The settlement amount you receive will significantly vary on the specifics of your claim. Our versed negotiators know exactly how much your case is worth and refuse to accept anything less. Some important factors that our veteran attorneys consider when estimating the anticipated value of an Elmiron case include:
- The amount of time you were prescribed Elmiron;
- The severity of eye damage that you have been diagnosed with;
- Your level of vision impairment or blindness suffered;
- Your age and eyesight before taking Elmiron;
- The costs of all eye treatments as well as projected future medical expenses;
- Pain and suffering caused by your eye damage as well as treatment;
- All lost wages or other income due to missed work; and
- Future reduced earning potential if the vision loss impacts your ability to perform a specific job.
Our seasoned lawyers possess the expertise and negotiation skills to significantly increase your potential settlement award. Retaining Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his remarkable team of Elmiron eye damage attorneys will lead to a larger settlement than what could be obtained by another lawyer. You can always count on the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. to deliver the outcome that you deserve. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. at least $1,000,000.00 or more on 38 separate occasions to compensate his clients for their injuries and illnesses. We are wholeheartedly devoted to obtaining the best possible result for your Elmiron-related eye injuries in Albany, New York, throughout the Capital Region, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading team would take great pride in helping you during this difficult time. Kindly contact our highly skilled litigators now at (716) 839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our veteran team for your complimentary case evaluation and consultation!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Albany, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!