Health Consequences of Vaping
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Team of Lawyers and Paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., a Best Law Firm of America, Fight to Obtain the Best Result for People Injured from Vaping or E-Cigarettes.
Vaping products are not as safe as vaping companies once promoted them to be. Numerous scientific studies and research data show that the potential dangers from vaping can be equivalent to or even more damaging than conventional cigarettes. Various studies have demonstrated that the harmful impact of vaping can lead to changes in users’ DNA and serious lung problems. Many vape users falsely believed that they could continue to vape without the same negative effects of traditional cigarettes.
Stories of vaping related injuries and deaths are becoming more and more prevalent in New York State and throughout the United States. Tragic happenings like these inspire Jed Dietrich, Esq. to strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to the people of Western New York each and every day. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of vaping injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York is highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking. We are determined, disciplined and dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for people injured through vaping in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; throughout New York State and beyond.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has battled to obtain over $150 Million in verdicts and settlements for people who are injured in Buffalo, New York and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly experienced and top rated Buffalo, New York vaping injury lawyers possess the knowledge and skills necessary to methodically investigate your vaping injuries and ensure that you are in a position to receive the highest possible recovery for your injuries. Contact us today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation. We can be reached 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
E-cigarettes and other vaping products hit the market generally unregulated and many scientists and other health experts have been racing to fully comprehend all of the health hazards connected to the extensive range of vaping products.
Until recently, vaping products, which use liquid as opposed to tobacco, were thought to be a less harmful substitute to traditional cigarettes. Vape users believed that they could achieve a similar effect to smoking without the dangerous side-effects of smoke inhalation. Nevertheless, vaping still consists of inhalation of high levels of nicotine, numerous hazardous substances and undetermined chemicals that can result in serious health problems for users. It is especially troublesome that most vapers are not even cognizant of what they are inhaling. Some of the ingredients in vaping liquids have not been approved by the FDA.
Vaporizer and e-cigarette users often inhale the following in their products:
- Heavy metals (lead, nickel and tin);
- Extremely fine contaminant particles;
- Volatile organic mixes;
- Formaldehyde (a type of embalming fluid);
- Benzene (which is found in car exhaust fumes);
- Diethylene glycol (a chemical used to make antifreeze);
- Various chemicals used for flavoring (such as diacetyl); and
- Numerous cancer-causing chemicals.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured as a result of vaping, contact the legal team of Buffalo, New York vaping injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today so that we can help you. We are dedicated and determined to get you the best possible result after your personal injury in Buffalo, New York and throughout New York State. Contact us today at 716-839-3939.
Most vaping liquids contain poisonous toxins and cancer-causing chemicals. Although doctors and researchers are still unaware of all the long-term negative health effects of vaping, recently many dangerous potential side effects have begun to become evident in vapers.
Listed below are potential dangerous side effects of vape and e-cigarette use that have sparked concern amongst health officials:
- Damage to DNA: Recent research demonstrates that vaping may cause serious DNA damage in a similar manner as regular cigarettes. Additionally, the damage to DNA may worsen with increased use and lead to a higher risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Nicotine Addiction: Nicotine from vaping is quickly absorbed through the users’ blood vessels that line the lungs, which in return releases dopamine into the part of the brain that controls pleasure. Nicotine in vaping liquids can have a negative impact on brain development in individuals under age 25 and often leads to addiction in the same manner as traditional tobacco products.
- Severe Damage to Lungs: The U.S. Surgeon General and many other scientific researchers show that the inhaled vaporizer liquid contains toxic chemicals such as diacetyl, which has been connected to severe lung disease. Other damaging chemicals commonly found in vaping liquid include benzene, formaldehyde and diethylene glycol.
- Popcorn Lung: According to the American Lung Association, vaper users can suffer from popcorn lung, which is commonly associated with employees at microwave popcorn plants. These employees breathed in and were exposed to diacetyl, which resulted in lung damage, including painful scarring of the lung’s delicate air sacs. The harm caused to the air sacs is often irreversible and causes uncontrollable coughing and chronic breathing issues. According to a recent Harvard study, three out of four flavored vaping liquids contain diacetyl. If factory workers that passively breathed in diacetyl suffered popcorn lung, just picture what actively breathing in the same chemical can do to the lungs of vape users.
- Cancer: Scientists are still studying about how vaping affects health when used over long time periods. Because vaping exposes you to the toxic cancer-causing chemicals and metals above, it is believed that vaping can cause cancer. Recent studies demonstrate that after users stop vaping for a period of at least 6 months, over 90% of vapers still had chemicals in their system that are known to trigger bladder cancer.
- Heart Attacks: An experiment conducted by UCLA demonstrated that inhaling vaporized liquids and nicotine greatly increases the chances of suffering from a heart attack.
- Seizures and Other Neurological Symptoms: Recently the FDA received 127 reports of seizures or other neurological symptoms that are believed to be caused from nicotine toxicity. However, there still is not enough information for experts to determine vaping is the cause.
- Risk of Exploding: Vaporizers and other e-cigarettes have been known to unexpectedly explode. This can cause neurologic damage and scarring to the user’s skin, face and other parts of his or her body.
The frequency of injuries and deaths allegedly linked to vaping is alarming. If you, or a loved one, have been injured from vape or e-cigarette use, you may have a legal right to compensation for the injuries that you suffered. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking vaping injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York today to learn more about your legal rights. We can be reached 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939. Call us today!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!