Dangerous Toy Accident
It Is That Jolly Time of Year Again to Start Shopping for Children’s Toys to put Under the Christmas Tree. Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Team of Elite Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Would Like to Take This Opportunity To Wish Everyone Happy Holidays! Most Importantly, We Would Like to Discuss Toy Safety.
As Christmas approaches, parents begin searching for toys online and at stores to make their little ones happy. Most parents are probably thinking more about their children’s Christmas list than the potential risks these toys carry. Unfortunately, this grave oversight could lead to severe injuries or worse. Parents must always be cognizant of possible safety issues regarding toys and consider the potential hazards accompanying them. Sometimes, manufacturers fail to test their toys thoroughly and design and manufacture defective products that could quickly transform playtime into a danger zone. Despite bans on almost 200 toys in the last year alone, there are still numerous dangerous toys on the market. Classic toy hazards, such as projectiles, small parts, toxic substances, strings, inaccurate labels and warnings, and rigid materials, continuously resurface in new generations of toys placing children at significant risk. From Black Panther Claws to cute plastic creatures, many popular toys contain hidden potential dangers.
According to World Against Toys Causing Harm Inc. (W.A.T.C.H.), every year, there are an estimated 240,000 children rushed to emergency rooms because of toy-related injuries. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran attorneys realize that no parent would ever intentionally place their child at unnecessary risk of injury or even death. Before giving a new toy to any child, we urge you to conduct due diligence to ensure that the toy does not contain functions or components that could cause harm. Jed Dietrich, Esq., is a lawyer who cares deeply about his clients and the residents of Western New York. Every day Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his elite team of dangerous toy injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to parents of children that suffered toy-related injuries. Something is profoundly wrong when a child is injured by a toy. When toymakers fail to provide sufficient warning labels or use defective parts, an innocent child’s life can be drastically altered forever. It is truly heartbreaking to witness children suffer disfigurement, emotional trauma, or permanent disabilities due to dangerous toy-related accidents. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s sympathetic team has seen the impact that the inexcusable injuries suffered by delicate child victims can have on them, and ultimately their loved ones. Pursuing a product liability claim against the responsible party may be the only way to begin to recover.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases and obtained over $175 million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were injured in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; throughout New York State and beyond. Our extraordinary commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an exceptional outcome is what sets us apart from the competition. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, offers complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations. Our battle-tested team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form. We are the aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers who are ready to fight for the compensation that you deserve!The Most Common Injuries From Dangerous Toys
Every 3 minutes, a child is seriously injured because of a toy-related accident. Roughly 50% of those injuries were to a child’s head or face. The Toy Association, which represents numerous toy manufacturers, urges parents to buy toys from trustworthy manufacturers and sellers, select age-appropriate toys, and foster safe play. Although the total number of deaths is widely unknown, many parents have been riddled with misery and guilt after a treacherous toy made its way into their child’s hands. The most frequently occurring child toy-related injuries are:
- Severe bruising;
- Deep lacerations;
- Facial and craniofacial injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Poisoning; and
- Traumatic brain injury.
If your child suffered a serious injury due to a dangerous toy, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced team of Buffalo, New York defective toy injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. for a free consultation. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.The Top 10 Most Dangerous Toys
Every year, a list of the most dangerous toys is released. According to W.A.T.C.H., the 10 worst toys of the year and their potential risks include the following:
- Calico Critters Nursery Friends, because of choking hazards;
- Marvel Avengers Vibranium Power FX Claw, due to risks of facial and eye injuries;
- WWE Jumbo Superstar Fists, which has been known to cause impact and blunt force trauma;
- Missile Launcher, because it has the potential to cause facial and eye injuries;
- Gloria Owl, because of the potential for ingestion;
- Boomerang Interactive Stunt UFO, due to the risk of propellor-related lacerations;
- Sci-Fi Slime, because of chemical-related hazards;
- Boom City Racers, which has the potential to cause facial and eye injuries;
- Star Wars Mandalorian Darksaber, which has been known to cause eye and blunt force injuries; and
- My Sweet Love Lots of Love Babies Minis, due to potential choking hazards.
WAS YOUR CHILD SERIOUSLY INJURED BY A TOY IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK DANGEROUS TOY ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Our seasoned attorneys are aware that the holidays are busy enough already. Nevertheless, child safety should always be a top priority for parents and adults. Please take a few minutes to review the below recommendations for gifting safely before buying any presents to put under the tree. The below recommendations can help keep your children safe this holiday season:
- Conduct Due Diligence: Always do your research before buying a toy. Check the online reviews about the particular toy. Reviews can give much-needed insight regarding the safety of the product and whether it has been known to cause injuries.
- Check for Recalls: Children’s toys that pose inherent safety risks are often recalled. For instance, children’s products have been recalled due to risks of swallowing, choking, cutting, and numerous other reasons. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) website is a great resource to check for the latest toy recalls.
- Follow Age Restrictions: Often, serious injuries occur when younger children use toys designed for older children. Toy manufacturers establish age restrictions for safety reasons. Make certain to follow age restrictions and always select age-appropriate products for your child.
- Discuss Safety: It is important to be forthcoming and talk to your child about safety. Be sure to carefully read all of the product’s instructions and warnings before explaining to your child how to properly use a toy.
- Always Supervise: Close supervision when children are playing with toys is crucial. This is especially important when a child is first learning how to use a toy and if the toy seems dangerous.
While it may be impossible to completely assess every toy, be extra cautious of toys containing long cords, toxic materials, electric components, and small, detachable components. In case your child, or another loved one, is injured by a dangerous product, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. If you have any inquiries regarding dangerous toys or your product liability claim, our knowledgeable team is here with answers. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of defective children’s toy injury attorneys strongly encourages all parents and adults to take the necessary safety precautions when purchasing toys this holiday season. Injured children may be eligible for monetary compensation for all past and future hospital bills, diminished future earning capacity, lifestyle alterations, physical therapy, and pain and suffering. Time and time again, former clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have said that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the best personal injury lawyer in Western New York. View our Google 5 Star rating and clients’ testimonials by clicking here. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team today at 716-839-3939. Our battle-tested attorneys would be honored to speak with you about your child’s injury.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!