Ladder Fall Accident
Contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, and His Elite Team of Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. if You were Injured in a Ladder Fall Accident in Buffalo, New York.
According to the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC), in a single recent year, roughly 270,000 victims were rushed to the emergency room after falling off a ladder. Approximately 42,000 of those that fell were hospitalized suffered fatalities. Although ladder-related mishaps can occur at any time of the year, ladder fall injuries tend to increase in the autumn and peak during the holiday season when people are decorating their homes. Additionally, ladder accidents are one of the most frequent causes of workplace injuries, especially at construction sites.
Being the victim of a ladder fall accident is a traumatic experience for many people. However, it does not have to be for you when you have the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly experienced ladder accident lawyers fighting on your side. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may find yourself on a long and difficult road to recovery. In addition to the emotional distress and pain and suffering, victims of more serious falls may require long-term rehabilitation, be unable to work, and face costly hospital bills. You should not be forced to carry the burden of paying costly medical bills, taking excessive time off from work, or other unanticipated future impacts. You may be eligible to pursue a personal injury lawsuit for compensation against the ladder manufacturer, property owner, or other liable parties.
Allow Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of battle-tested ladder accident lawyers to handle your claim and pursue the compensation that you deserve. Our veteran team has extensive experience handling ladder-related injuries and will help alleviate some of the stress that you encounter during this difficult time. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a recognized member of the Premier Lawyers of America, has exclusively handled serious personal injury and product liability cases. Our elite attorneys are here to assist you by asserting your legal rights to seek compensation. Distinguished as a Best Law Firm of America and honored with a Better Business Bureau A+ Rating, our outstanding law firm will fight to obtain the best result for your ladder accident injuries and resulting damages. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. at least $1,000,000.00 or more 33 times to compensate his clients for their injuries. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly qualified team is available for your free consultation 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.Typical Ladder Uses That Lead To Falls
The most common causes contributing to ladder fall accidents include:
- Placing ladders on uneven surfaces;
- Using ladders that are not completely open and locked;
- Working on ladders that are set too steeply;
- Using ladders outside in inclement weather conditions;
- Placing ladders on wet or slippery surfaces;
- Failing to place caution signs around the area;
- Using worn, damaged, or old ladders;
- Causing ladders to become wobbly by placing them on debris;
- Working on ladders that have faulty footing or no anti-slip materials; and
- Placing ladders in the path of pedestrians or traffic.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., distinguished as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, is dedicated and determined to obtain unsurpassed results after your ladder fall accident in Buffalo, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling 716-839-3939.After Falling Off a Ladder, Should I go to the ER?
Falls tend to account for most of the ladder-related accidents. The severity of injuries suffered depends on several factors, such as how the victim fell, the height of the ladder, the type of surface the victim landed on, and what body parts hit the surface. Unfortunately, the dangers accompanying height-related ladder accidents can cause devastating injuries. The most common injuries include fractured feet and legs, broken pelvises, soft tissue damage, traumatic brain injury (TBI), dislocations, contusions, herniated discs, and spinal cord injuries resulting in paralysis, paraplegia, or quadriplegia.
If you were injured in the fall, it is critical to get a medical checkup as soon as possible, either at an urgent care center or the emergency room. Reasons to seek immediate medical treatment after falling include:
- Unpleasant or persistent neck or back pain;
- Loss of consciousness;
- Difficulties using arms or walking;
- If you hit your head; and
- Suffer numbness or weakness in arms or legs.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED IN A LADDER FALL ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK LADDER ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Most ladder fall mishaps can be prevented or avoided by following proper safety precautions to reduce the risk of falling, which include:
- Climbing carefully: When climbing up a ladder, always hold on to the rungs and maintain at least 3 points of contact.
- Avoid holding objects: Never hold any objects while climbing up a ladder. Instead, hoist materials or use a tool belt.
- Inspect overhead: Before setting up a ladder, carefully inspect overhead for anything that might interfere.
- Wear proper footwear: Wear sturdy boots with slip-resistance soles. Avoid wearing muddy or wet boots when using a ladder.
- Use a barricade: Ensure that the area around the ladder is secure to prevent children and pets from running into the ladder.
- Correctly place the ladder angle: Recently, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) released a smartphone app, which has an angle of inclination indicator that can help users set the proper ladder angle of 75.5 degrees.
- Inspect the ladder: Before using a ladder, always inspect it to make sure that it is not broken or worn.
- Pay attention to the surface: Never set up a ladder on a slippery surface or uneven ground. Always use firm, dry, level ground that has adequate traction.
If you, or a loved one, have suffered a serious injury in a ladder fall accident, it is crucial to contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, and his leading team of lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. to learn more about your legal rights. Our highly determined, dedicated, and disciplined team will methodically investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident to establish who should be held liable. You may be entitled to seek monetary compensation for your past and future medical bills, lost wages from work, reduced earning capacity, pain and suffering, and permanent disability. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome sets us apart from the competition. Contact the best of the best at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939. Our veteran attorneys are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!