Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Elite Team of Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for People Injured After Being Prescribed Elmiron in Buffalo, New York.
Elmiron is an oral medication, also known as Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium, that has been prescribed to hundreds of thousands of people over the last twenty-five years. Approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) in the late-1990s, Elmiron is one of the only oral drugs available to treat painful bladder disorders, bladder inflammation and irritation because of its blood-thinning properties.
Recently, Elmiron has faced scrutiny over concerns that long-term usage of the drug causes maculopathy, or damage to the retina. In October of 2019, three scientists with the American Academy of Ophthalmology presented findings at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology that definitively linked the ingestion of the drug to eye damage caused by its toxicity. Despite these scientific findings, the FDA has, thus far, refused to recall Elmiron and has not taken a stance in response to the inquiries at the Academy of Ophthalmology’s meeting. Until the FDA issues a total recall of Elmiron, unwitting doctors will continue to prescribe the drug to hundreds of thousands of people who may then suffer severe injury to their eyes.
If you, or a loved one, have suffered an injury as a result of being prescribed Elmiron, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced and elite team of Elmiron injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will fight on your behalf to attempt to get you the compensation that you deserve. For over twenty years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has devoted his career to fiercely advocating for those who were seriously injured as a result of someone else’s negligence throughout the United States. Moreover, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has been recognized as a New York Super Lawyer for his superb career in personal injury law and his dedication to fiercely and loyally representing his clients. over 38 times Jed Dietrich, Esq. has secured $1,000,000.00, or more, for his clients in serious injury cases. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939 to get in touch with our Elmiron injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York. Every day we strive to provide the highest level of personal injury representation to our clients.
The repeated use of Elmiron has been found in several studies to result in the degradation of the retina’s ability to function properly. Elmiron is toxic to the retina and, over time, can cause grievous injury to one’s eyesight. The most frequent Elmiron eye injuries include:
- Retina Damage;
- Blurred Vision;
- Paracentral Scotomas (Vision Loss);
- Difficulty Reading;
- Difficulty Seeing at Night;
- Dimming of Vision; and
- Metamorphopsia (Distorted Vision).
In addition to the aforementioned injuries, Elmiron retinal damage has also been mistaken for other eye injuries such as pattern dystrophy or macular degeneration. These two diseases develop because of the toxicity of Elmiron which damages the eye tissue.
Elmiron eye injuries can be devastating to people who are used to relying on their vision in everyday life. If you, or a loved one, were injured as a result of being prescribed Elmiron, do not hesitate to contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. We have a team of highly experienced and hardworking lawyers and paralegals who will fight to get you the compensation that you deserve for your Elmiron eye injuries. Call us today at 716-839-3939 so that our Buffalo, New York Elmiron injury lawyers can fight for you.
If you were prescribed Elmiron and have experienced eye injuries such as those described above, you may not know what to do. The following steps will allow you to prevent further damage to your eyes and understand your legal options:
- Consult with your doctors: You should immediately consult with your doctors if you fear you have suffered eye damage because of your Elmiron prescription. Both the doctor who prescribed you the Elmiron and an ophthalmologist or eye doctor will be able to offer useful information to you about the level of injury you have suffered and whether or not to continue taking Elmiron for your bladder discomfort or interstitial cystitis.
- Stop taking Elmiron: If your ophthalmologist believes you have suffered injury to your eyes because of your Elmiron use, you should immediately stop taking Elmiron and find alternative treatments for your bladder pain.
- Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer: When you have suffered an injury as a result of taking a medication, you want the highest level of legal representation to fight on your behalf against the drug companies and doctors who caused your injury. Our Buffalo, New York Elmiron injury attorneys will meticulously investigate your Elmiron injury in order determine the best course of action and to get you the compensation that you deserve for your serious injuries.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, DIAGNOSED WITH A SERIOUS ILLNESS AS A RESULT OF CONSUMING ELMIRON IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF ELMIRON INJURY LAWYERS IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK AT 716-839-3939 NOW FOR THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Pharmaceutical liability law is one of the most difficult and demanding areas of the law, within which to practice. Needless to say, it is horrible to find out that a medication that had been prescribed by doctors to make someone healthier is, in fact, making someone dangerously ill.
Pharmaceutical manufacturers, sales representatives, testing laboratories, doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies could all potentially be held responsible for their negligence that resulted in your injury. If you were injured because you were prescribed Elmiron and trusted that it was safe to ingest, you need a fierce and loyal injury law firm to protect you in your fight to receive compensation for your injuries.
Big drug companies that produce drugs like Elmiron will do anything in their power to avoid taking responsibility for injuring their consumers, but the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can and will work to the best of our ability to get you the best possible result. Our expert team of Buffalo, New York Elmiron injury attorneys is prepared to aggressively dedicate ourselves to providing you with the highest level of legal service possible in order to resolve your Elmiron injury case. Call us today at 716-839-3939.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!
- Elmiron FAQs
- Albany Elmiron Injury
- Chautauqua County Elmiron Injury
- Coping With Pigmentary Maculopathy
- Do I Have An Elmiron Eye Damage Injury Claim?
- Eye Diseases Linked To Elmiron's Toxicity
- Important Information Elmiron Users Should Know About Maculopathy
- Retaining The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. For Your Elmiron Injury Claim
- Should I Stop Taking Elmiron?
- Western New York Elmiron Injury