Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Team of Persistent and Meticulous Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Battle to Obtain Remarkable Results for Victims Who Have Suffered Vision Loss Caused by Taking Elmiron in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
If you, or a loved one, have taken Elmiron and suffered pigmentary changes or vision problems, you may be eligible for monetary compensation. Jed Dietrich, Esq. sympathizes with the overwhelming impact that vision loss and other eye conditions can have on victims. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team of personal injury lawyers have aggressively litigated for thousands of victims whose lives were torn apart because of someone else’s negligence, including many cases involving careless drug manufacturers. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s admirable commitment to surpassing your expectations and delivering unrivaled results is what sets us apart from other law firms.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of top rated and highly skilled Elmiron eye damage attorneys strive to obtain the best possible outcome for victims afflicted with pigmentary maculopathy and other damages. Our elite team will take prompt action to file a lawsuit and preserve your right to compensation. For more than 20 years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has collected over $175 million in jury verdicts and settlements for his clients who were seriously injured in Buffalo, New York, and beyond. Below, our seasoned team has put together some frequently asked questions and answers regarding Elmiron-related claims. Please call us today at (716) 839-3939 for your complimentary case evaluation and to learn more about your legal options.
Some of the most frequently asked questions concerning Elmiron and vision loss include:
- What is interstitial cystitis? Interstitial cystitis (IC), commonly referred to as painful bladder syndrome, is a chronic condition that causes recurring discomfort or pain in the bladder and surrounding pelvic region. According to the American Urological Association, interstitial cystitis is much more common in women than men. Epidemiologic studies conducted in 2006 determined that up to 12% of women may suffer early symptoms of the condition.
- What is Elmiron used for? Elmiron, or pentosan polysulfate sodium, is an oral drug prescribed to treat bladder pain and irritation associated with interstitial cystitis. The drug is manufactured by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, and is the only U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) medication approved for treating painful bladder syndrome. Since being approved in 1996, hundreds of thousands of Americans have been prescribed Elmiron.
- Does Elmiron cause retina damage? Long-term use of the drug can damage the center portion of the retina, known as the macula. Pentosan polysulfate sodium, Elmiron’s active ingredient, has been linked to a type of retinal damage called pigmentary maculopathy. Research uncovered that roughly 25% of those prescribed Elmiron suffered some degree of eye damage.
- Has the FDA taken any action against the manufacturer of Elmiron? Despite all of the evidence linking prolonged Elmiron use to pigmentary maculopathy, the Food and Drug Administration has not recalled Elmiron. The drug is still on the market. In 2020, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. added a warning to the label cautioning of vision problems. The warning states that the medication can cause blurred vision, sensitivity to dim lighting, difficulty reading, and alter pigments in the retina. Additionally, the labeling advises patients taking Elmiron to get regular eye checks.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, DEVELOP MACULAR DEGENERATION AFTER BEING PRESCRIBED ELMIRON IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS VETERAN AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK ELMIRON EYE DAMAGE LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
- What are some common symptoms of maculopathy? Patients suffering from maculopathy frequently experience prolonged light to dark adaptation. Maculopathy is known for causing gradual worsening of vision. As the macula continues to deteriorate, victims often see dark spots, have blurred vision, perceive colors less vividly, and have difficulty seeing up close. Some patients also suffer from a type of visual distortion called metamorphopsia, which causes linear objects to appear curvy or rounded.
- Is there a cure for maculopathy? Unfortunately, there is no known cure for maculopathy. Even after discontinuing the use of Elmiron, many victims’ retinal damage and vision loss continue to deteriorate. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate team recommends consulting with your doctor about treatments to slow down the progression of the condition.
- What damages could I recover in my Elmiron lawsuit? We are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to obtaining the highest possible compensation for clients unfortunate enough to suffer from Elmiron-related eye damage. Victims diagnosed with macular degeneration or eye problems may be entitled to pursue compensation for injuries through a product liability claim.
- Is there a time limit when I have to file my Elmiron lawsuit? Under New York State law, failing to file a claim within the applicable statute of limitations can impede your right to recover compensation for damages.
Heartbreaking stories of victims developing macular degeneration and other chronic eye problems inspire Jed Dietrich, Esq., to provide the highest level of personal injury service to his clients in Buffalo, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s outstanding lawyers have the expertise to vigorously litigate your Elmiron eye damage claim. Our battle-tested attorneys promise to zealously fight to obtain the best possible result for all your injuries. If you have any questions concerning your potential lawsuit, please feel free to contact us. You can reach us by calling (716) 839-3939 or by filling out our online consultation form. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly experienced Elmiron vision loss lawyers are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. Our clients never pay a penny until we settle or win your case in court!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!