Child Car Seat Defect Injuries In Buffalo, New York
Every day parents and guardians depend on child and infant car seats to protect their precious children in the unfortunate event of a car accident. In the State of New York, all children under 4 years old are required to sit in child safety seats. Car accidents are one of the leading causes of fatalities for children throughout the United States. When functioning properly, car seats can help save the life of a child in the event of an accident. Unfortunately, defective child car seats can greatly contribute or even cause children unnecessary injuries.
Most parents never imagine the devastating injuries, or worse, that defective car seats can cause their child. After all, car seats are designed to protect children by shielding them from the violent impact of a car crash. Child car seats can be defective in design, manufacturing or installation. Even in the event of a minor accident, both infants and children are at a heightened risk of suffering catastrophic injuries when their car seats are not functioning properly. We recommend that all parents check the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) extensive recall list before placing their child in another car seat.
Every day Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of defective child car seat injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to parents of children and infants that suffered car seat related injuries in Western New York. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s sympathetic team has seen the impact that the inexcusable injuries suffered by fragile child victims can have on them, and ultimately their loved ones. After an injury, the parents or guardians of the child should make taking care of the child their number one priority, and our team is here to help with the rest. Pursuing a product liability claim against the responsible party may be the only way to begin to recover. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939 to see how our team may be able to help you.
When child and infant car seats are defective due to a design flaw it renders that part of the seat incapable of protecting its occupant. Car seats can be defective in many ways, including:
- Flawed carrying handles that release unexpectedly, causing the infant to be thrown out;
- Faulty buckles that come unfastened when even slight force is applied;
- Latches that are too hard to unfasten, making it difficult to remove the child in the event of an emergency;
- Flimsy frame or shell designs;
- Unreliable seat belt or harness systems;
- Defective or flawed adjusters that fail to keep the straps in place;
- Insufficient base units that unexpectedly rotate the seat or easily become undone;
- Flammable cushion materials;
- Inadequate padding that fails to provide necessary cushioning to the head;
- Substandard or low-quality construction materials; and
- Poor installation instructions that are unclear or poorly worded.
WAS YOUR CHILD INJURED BECAUSE OF A DEFECTIVE CAR SEAT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK CHILD CAR SEAT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Many injuries suffered by children due to defective car seats are severe enough to leave them impaired or even paralyzed for the rest of their lives. Common injuries caused by defective car seats include:
- Cuts and lacerations;
- Severe bruising;
- Fractured and broken bones;
- Internal injuries or organ damage;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Skull and jawbone fractures;
- Facial and craniofacial injuries;
- Neck, back or spine injuries;
- Total paralysis;
- Severe disfigurements; and
- Permanent disabilities.
If your child suffered a serious injury due to a defective car seat, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of Buffalo, New York defective child car seat injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. for a free consultation. Our team is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form.
Parents whose child was the victim of child car seat related injuries are entitled to compensation for all of their child’s injuries. For parents whose child was seriously injured by a defective child seat, they can pursue recovery for the child’s injuries and damages through a personal injury lawsuit, which may include compensation for:
- Past and future medical costs related to your child’s injuries;
- Permanent disabilities suffered by your child;
- Diminished future loss of earning capacity for your child;
- Pain and suffering (both physical and mental) suffered by your child;
- Your child’s loss of enjoyment in life;
- Parents’ missed time from work; and
- Costs related to developmental delays, such as attending a special school.
Furthermore, for parents whose child passed away from defective car seat injuries, although nothing can ever make up for the loss of a child, you may have the right to file a wrongful death claim.
Injuries and deaths suffered by infants and young children are especially tragic and heartbreaking. After your child’s car seat injuries, our defective child car seat injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York will take immediate action to investigate your child’s injury, engage world-renowned experts to determine who is liable and file a claim to preserve your rights. Call us today at 716-839-3939 so that we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!