Class Action Lawsuits
Jed Dietrich, Esq., an Eminent New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Renowned as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Aggressively Litigate Class Action Lawsuits to Obtain the Ultimate Result for Our Clients in Western New York.
A class action lawsuit is brought by one or more individuals on behalf of all victims who have suffered similar injuries caused by the same defendant. The group of victims is commonly referred to as the “class.” This type of lawsuit amasses all of the class members’ claims into one big case. Class actions are designed to compensate a large number of victims, and the award is allocated to the whole class. In consumer cases, class actions can combine claims that may otherwise be too small to rationalize bringing legal action. Pursuing a single class action is more economical and efficient because it prevents numerous individual lawsuits, all involving similar circumstances, details, and facts, from being pursued separately.
The seasoned attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. pride themselves on helping victims and their families successfully navigate their entire class action lawsuits from start to finish. We will work to eliminate all of your uncertainties by managing every legal aspect of your claim. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of battle-tested lawyers, have the practice and expertise required to ensure that you are in a position to obtain the highest possible compensation for your damages. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has fought to obtain over $175 Million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were injured in Buffalo, New York, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is dedicated to vigorously protecting your interests and delivering an exceptional outcome. Our veteran team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling 716-839-3939 or completing the online consultation form.Common Types Of Consumer Class Actions
Subject to the particular details of the case, class actions are filed in either State or Federal court. Both New York State and Federal laws contain various provisions that are meant to safeguard consumers from deceitful and fraudulent practices. Some instances of dishonest company practices that can give rise to consumer class actions include:
- Manufactures of inherently substandard and unsafe products;
- Misleading sales practices, dishonest marketing, and false advertising;
- Deceptive pricing systems;
- Consumer fraud, including scams and misleading or unfair practices;
- Improper company-wide workplace and employment practices, such as employment discrimination or civil rights violations; and
- Unlawful, deceptive, or unreasonable contract provisions, including excessive liquidated damages and unlawful waiver of rights clauses.
The facts of every case are different. The best way to determine if you have a class action claim is to consult with a highly experienced Buffalo, New York personal injury attorney.
WERE YOU, OR A FAMILY MEMBER, SERIOUSLY INJURED BECAUSE OF A COMPANY’S NEGLIGENCE OR CARELESSNESS IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK CLASS ACTION ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
While the exact requirements for certification as a class are subject to the particular rules of procedure effective in the jurisdiction, even just one victim may be able to bring a class action on behalf of the whole class. Class certification in federal court is governed by Rule 23 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Under Rule 23, to proceed as a class action, the class is required to meet the following conditions:
- Commonality: The issues of law and facts of the cases in each of the class member’s claims should be fundamentally comparable. A group of consumers who all suffered similar injuries from a dangerous medication would be able to fulfill this requirement.
- Numerosity: The number of injured victims should be comprehensive enough that it would be unreasonable for everyone to be directly involved in the lawsuit as named plaintiffs. Although no clear rules dictate how large a proposed class has to be, the class size generally depends on the nature of the cases. Under the appropriate conditions, classes as small as 25 have been certified.
- Typicality: The named plaintiffs who are representing the lawsuit on the class’s behalf are required to have individual claims that are fairly typical of the whole class.
- Capability: The court must be completely satisfied that named plaintiffs and their attorneys are equipped to competently and diligently litigate the lawsuit on behalf of the whole class.
If you have been injured by a big company, there may be other victims as well. Please, contact the veteran class action attorneys of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. as soon as possible if you are interested in starting or joining a class action lawsuit. Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases, including many class actions, for over 20 years. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., highly praised as a Best Law Firm of America, provides free case evaluations and consultations. Our seasoned lawyers would be honored to speak with you regarding your potential lawsuit. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a charge unless we obtain a settlement or verdict for you! Contact us to schedule an appointment with our Buffalo, New York product liability and consumer class action lawyers today at 716-839-3939.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!