Jed Dietrich, Esq., Highly Praised as a New York Super Lawyer and Distinguished Justice Advocate, and His Team of Uncompromising, Tenacious, and Diligent Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain Extraordinary Results for Victims Who Have Developed Chronic Health Conditions Because of Paraquat Exposure in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
Paraquat is a highly poisonous compound that is used as an herbicide, predominantly for destroying large weeds. Exposure to the chemical has been linked to the development of Parkinson’s disease and even death. As a victim’s contact with paraquat increases, the risk of developing Parkinson’s greatly intensifies. Unfortunately, victims that have been routinely exposed to even small traces over time may not realize the damage to their health until it is too late. Since 2017, various lawsuits have been filed against manufacturers of paraquat, such as Growmark and Syngenta. Jed Dietrich, Esq., celebrated as a Best of the Best Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, sympathizes with the overwhelming impact that Parkinson’s and other chronic health conditions can have on victims and, ultimately, their families. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team of personal injury attorneys have represented many victims whose lives were torn apart because of hazardous chemicals.
Tragic stories of agricultural workers developing Parkinson’s or worse motivate Jed Dietrich, Esq. to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims in Buffalo, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading attorneys know how to assertively litigate toxic exposure claims. We will zealously battle to obtain the best possible result for all of your damages. Below, our seasoned team has put together some frequently asked questions and answers regarding paraquat. If you have any further inquiries concerning your case, please feel free to contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. You can reach us by calling (716) 839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form. Our highly experienced paraquat exposure lawyers are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. There is never a fee unless we WIN for you!FAQs Concerning Paraquat & Parkinson’s Disease
Some of the most frequently asked questions regarding paraquat and Parkinson’s disease include:
- What is paraquat? The chemical agent paraquat dichloride (paraquat) was first produced over 130 years ago. However, paraquat’s application as an herbicide did not become prevalent until the 1960s. Today the substance is used on more than 100 different types of crops to eliminate weeds and as a post-harvest drying agent.
- Exactly how common is paraquat usage? Paraquat usage jumped sharply after the hazards associated with another popular herbicide were brought to light. Paraquat use in the United States has been at an all-time high during the past 25 years. In 2016, over 7 million pounds of paraquat were splattered on roughly 15 million acres throughout the country.
- What are the risks of ingesting paraquat? Paraquat’s relative toxicity compared to glyphosate ranges from 33-250. Upon initially swallowing the herbicide, victims are likely to experience considerable pain and swelling of the mouth and throat. Other common symptoms include severe nausea, brutal abdominal pain, excessive heaving, and bloody diarrhea. Traces of paraquat inside the body can cause liver failure, esophageal strictures, kidney failure, heart failure, and lung scarring. A dose of only 2.5 grams of paraquat can kill an average person. Not to mention, the weed killer is much more lethal when inhaled.
- What is Parkinson’s disease? Behind Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s is the second most prevalent neurodegenerative disease. Beginning typically in middle age to old age, the progressive degeneration disorder triggers deterioration of the dopaminergic neurons throughout the brain. Consequently, the sufferer’s brain cells gradually die off.
- Is there a connection between paraquat and Parkinson’s disease? Numerous scientific studies have linked Parkinson’s disease to various environmental exposures, like herbicides. According to the National Institutes of Health, paraquat can amplify the chances of suffering from early-onset Parkinson’s by 250 percent. Research published in the American Journal of Epidemiology revealed that paraquat exposures within even 1,600 feet of a dwelling resulted in a 75% greater risk of developing Parkinson’s.
- What are some of the symptoms of Parkinson’s? Parkinson’s tends to impact each sufferer in unique ways. Symptoms present in the early stages of the disease consist of tremors in the arms and legs, declining levels of balance and coordination, muscle stiffness in the body and limbs, involuntary movements, and sluggish movement. Additionally, difficulty swallowing and changes in speech are extremely common.
- Am I eligible to file a paraquat claim? While some victims have been exposed to the paraquat through the air, others accidentally ingested small quantities. Further, many families of agricultural workers have been exposed to the herbicide’s particles as a result of being transferred onto clothing. Potential claimants of paraquat exposure include workers with restricted use pesticide licenses, certified pesticide applicators, individuals who worked around certified applicators, pesticide mixers, farmers, farmhands, anyone responsible for moving or shipping the chemical, employees who worked in paraquat manufacturing plants, and families that lived around no-till farms. The best way to determine if you are entitled to pursue a paraquat lawsuit is to obtain a complimentary, no-obligation legal evaluation from our toxic exposure attorneys.
- What damages could I recover in my paraquat lawsuit? We are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to obtaining the highest possible compensation for clients seriously affected by paraquat. Victims diagnosed with Parkinson’s or other chronic health problems may be entitled to pursue compensation for injuries through a product liability claim.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, DIAGNOSED WITH PARKINSON’S DISEASE AFTER BEING EXPOSED TO PARAQUAT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS ELITE AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK PARAQUAT ILLNESS LAWYERS AT (716)-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
For over two decades, Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has amassed more than $175 million in court judgments and settlements for his clients who were injured in Buffalo, New York, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly skilled and top rated paraquat illness attorneys strive to obtain the best possible result for victims afflicted with Parkinson’s and other serious illnesses. We strongly recommend contacting the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite lawyers as soon as possible to safeguard your legal rights. Our veteran team will take immediate action to file a lawsuit and preserve your right to compensation. Our righteous commitment to surpassing your expectations and delivering a first-rate outcome is what sets us apart from other law firms. Please call us today at (716) 839-3939 to find out more about how we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!