Car Accident Neck Injury Statistics
Victims of even relatively minor car accidents often suffer life-altering neck injuries. Neck injuries are common in car crashes due to the intense back-and-forth movements of vehicle occupants. There are over 800,000 car accidents involving neck injuries reported throughout the United States each year. The violent impact of a vehicle being forced to come to a dead stop in a matter of seconds, or being rear-ended by a driver who failed to stop at a red light can cause soft tissue damage or worse. Studies have shown that rear-end collisions at speeds of just 5 mph can result in neck injuries. Regretfully, neck injuries can be some of the most devastating traumas, often leading to life-long repercussions such as stiffness, intense pain, reduction of mobility or even complete paralysis.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of neck injury car accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York have witnessed firsthand the harmful effects that neck injuries suffered by car crash victims can have on them, and ultimately their loved ones. After a collision, a victim’s top priority should be restoring his or her health, and our team is here to assist with everything else. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. team possesses the expertise and knowledge necessary to investigate your accident and make certain that you are in a position to obtain the highest possible recovery for your injuries. Call us today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
Neck injuries are particularly alarming because car crash victims may not even be able to feel them right away. Many victims falsely assume that they are unharmed because they do not notice any injuries right away. Occupants of vehicles who have been involved in an accident and experience pain should suspect that the pain will worsen. The following statistics make a good case for why you should never ignore potentially serious neck injuries after a car accident:
- Every year, over 3 million Americans suffer from Cervical Acceleration Deceleration (CAD) injuries;
- Approximately, 10 percent of whiplash injury victims become permanently disabled;
- Women are roughly 3 times more likely to suffer whiplash than men;
- According to research conducted by the National Institute of Health (NIH), over 60 percent of victims that endured whiplash-like injuries suffered major residual effects for up to 10 to 15 years after their car accidents;
- The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) found that 50 percent of neck injury victims still had substantial pain 8 months after their accidents and 18 percent still had pain after 3 years;
- Another study conducted by the NCBI found that 70 percent of whiplash injury victims still had symptoms over 15 years after their accidents;
- According to a popular chiropractic blog, the average time off from work after suffering a whiplash injury was 39 days;
- Five years after a car crash, whiplash victims still have a poorer quality of life than other mildly injured victims; and
- Over half of all whiplash victims progress to some degree of chronic pain.
While the above neck injury statistics are not meant to scare you, it is crucial to acknowledge that car accidents can have long-lasting effects that are not always immediately apparent. Therefore, it is important to take every sign and symptom of possible neck injuries seriously.
If you, or a loved one, suffered neck injuries in a car accident, seek treatment immediately. Then, contact our team of highly experienced and top rated Buffalo, New York car accident neck injury attorneys so that we can fight for the compensation that you deserve for the injuries that you suffered. We can be reached at 716-839-3939 for your free case consultation.
Victims of car collisions caused by someone else’s negligence may be entitled to monetary compensation for their injuries. Our highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team will thoroughly investigate your claim to gather evidence to prove that:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care while operating their vehicle on the road;
- The driver breached that duty of care by acting negligently;
- The breach of the duty of care caused the accident that resulted in your neck injury; and
- You suffered actual damages, such as medical expenses and lost wages, as a result.
People who suffer car accident-related neck injuries can find themselves in difficult situations financially, physically, and emotionally. Patients may be required to stay in the hospital for an extended period of time, instead of being able to go to work or school. In addition, expensive hospital bills and medical care costs may keep piling up. Victims can pursue recovery for damages through a personal injury lawsuit, which may include compensation for:
- Lost wages from missed work;
- Reduced earning capacity;
- Hospital expenses;
- All future medical care costs (such as seeing a chiropractor, surgery or rehab);
- Permanent disability;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental anguish; and
- Property damage.
If you, or a loved one, suffered a serious neck injury in a car accident, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. for a free consultation. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced, top rated and elite team of Buffalo, New York neck accident injury attorneys over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries that resulted from someone else’s negligence. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. Don’t delay, call Jed Dietrich, Esq. today!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!