Brake Failure In Buffalo, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer. Together with his knowledgeable team of brake failure accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York, Jed Dietrich, Esq. battles to obtain maximum compensation for those injured in accidents caused by faulty brakes. Since 2005, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has fought to protect those who were injured by the negligence of others. If you were hurt in an accident caused by a vehicle’s brake failure, we encourage you to call us today for a free consultation at 716-839-3939. Our office is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
Crashes caused by vehicle defects such as brake failure usually occur suddenly and unexpectedly. This places drivers in immediate danger, and leaves them vulnerable to devastating car accidents and serious personal injuries.
Brake failure causes 22% of vehicle related car accidents in the United States. There are several causes of brake failure, including:
- Excessive Wear: The more stress and tension that is applied to brakes, the higher the chance that they will fail. As such, it is important to regularly inspect and maintain your brakes. Brake pads wear over time and need to be replaced to keep your brakes working properly.
- Brake Fluid Leakage: Leaking brake fluid can indicate a number of problems with a vehicle’s brakes, including worn out brake pads. Brake fluid is important because it maintains the proper pressure and temperature of a vehicle’s brake system.
- Overheated Brake Pads: Brake pads create friction in order to slow a vehicle down or bring it to a complete stop. This friction also generates heat which, if overused, could cause brake pads to overheat. If your brake pedal feels soft or your brakes begin to squeal or smoke, your brake pads are likely overheating. If you have a problem with your brake pads, it can increase the stopping distance of your vehicle.
- Rust Damage: Brakes rust when they are exposed to moisture. In Buffalo, New York, we experience long seasons of snowy and rainy weather. This can leave your brakes susceptible to rusting. Rusting is dangerous because it decreases the effectiveness of your entire braking system. For this reason, an anti-rusting agent is applied to many new vehicles by dealerships.
- Brakes Locking Up: Having your brakes lock up can be a frightening experience, as it can prevent your vehicle from slowing down and stopping when you need it to. Brake locking usually indicates that there is a problem with your anti-lock braking system (ABS).
- Damaged Rotor Disks: Your brake pads clamp down on rotors in order to stop your vehicle. If your rotors are damaged, this could increase the amount of time it takes you to come to a complete stop.
In order to keep you and your loved ones safe, it is important to be aware of the signs that your brakes are worn. If you experience any of the following symptoms of brake malfunction, make sure that you get your brakes serviced as soon as possible.
- Screeching or Grinding Noises: This might indicate that the lining of your brake pads is wearing down and should be replaced immediately.
- Shaking or Vibrating Steering Wheel: This could happen for a variety of reasons. In some cases, a rumbling in the steering wheel could mean you have a problem with your rotors.
- Brake Light Indicators: Modern vehicles have numerous lights and indicators that illuminate on your dashboard to alert you of complications. If your brake light comes on, it means that you have a problem that requires immediate attention.
- Increased Stopping Distance: If you notice that it is taking longer for your car to slow down and come to a stop, it might be because your brake pads are wearing down. If this is the case, it is important to get new brake pads so that you avoid a potential rear end accident.
The aggressive, tenacious and hardworking approach to personal injury law adopted by the team at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has allowed us to secure over $175 Million on behalf of our injured clients. If you want to be represented by an established and successful personal injury firm in Buffalo, New York, call us now at 716-839-3939. Our team of Buffalo, New York brake failure accident lawyers are ready to meet with you to discuss your claim and fight for the compensation that you deserve for the injuries that you suffered. Call us today.
The best way to avoid being involved in a brake failure accident is to ensure that your vehicle’s brakes are well maintained. Professionals in the automotive industry agree that you should have your brake pads replaced somewhere around every 50,000 miles. However, depending on the make and model of your vehicle, this number may differ. As a general rule of thumb, you should consult your vehicle’s owner manual for information on scheduled maintenance.
The lifespan of your brakes can also vary based on several other factors, such as:
- Your Driving Style: This includes how often you start and stop your vehicle, and how abruptly you apply your brakes. If you tend to slam on your brakes, they will wear faster than if you regularly come to a gradual stop.
- Your Commute: Where you live and where you drive will affect how long your brakes last. Busy city streets or packed suburbs with frequent traffic lights force you to stop more often, which can increase stress on your brake pads.
- Your Cargo: Carrying extra weight in your trunk or the bed of a pickup truck can increase the wear on your brakes. This is because heavier vehicles require more force to slow down and stop.
In the event that your brake failure leads to an accident, there are several parties that may be liable for your injuries. The other driver, the mechanic responsible for servicing the brakes and even the brake manufacturer could be held responsible for any damages resulting from the crash.
Determining liability in a brake failure accident requires the attention of a highly experienced personal injury attorney. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of brake failure accident attorneys in Buffalo, New York are extensively experienced in personal injury law and will fight to obtain the best result for you.
WERE YOU INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED BY A BRAKE DEFECT IN BUFFALO, ROCHESTER, NIAGARA FALLS OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!