Collisions With Animals In Rochester, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq., and His Team of Dedicated Personal Injury Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Will Strive to Win the Highest Reward Possible for Those Injured in Collisions with Animals in Rochester, New York.
National crash databases estimate that over 260,000 collisions involving animals occur each year. Of those, over 12,000 result in injuries and over 150 in fatalities. However, most car accidents involving wildlife likely go unreported. Based on police reports, interviews with the public, insurance data, and carcass counts, the Federal Highway Administration estimates that the annual number of car crashes involving animals is more likely between one and two million.
Research shows that injury and fatality are more likely to result from collisions with larger animals such as deer or moose. In a survey of 1,000 drivers who had been in car accidents with animals, most respondents reported hitting deer and squirrels, with birds, dogs, and cats following closely after. After Texas, New York State has the highest recorded number of human fatalities resulting from car accidents involving animals. Hitting an animal with your car can be traumatic, especially if the crash resulted in an injury to you or a loved one. If you have experienced a collision involving an animal, you may be unsure of what to do next or where to turn for help. Led by Jed Dietrich, Esq., our compassionate team of injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are here to assist you.
With over two decades of experience assisting individuals in personal injury cases, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has earned $175 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients. He has won various cases for individuals injured in car collisions throughout Western New York.
If you have been injured in a collision involving an animal in Rochester, New York, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today by calling (585) 939-3939 or visiting us online for a free consultation. Our team of collisions with animals attorneys in Rochester, New York, is eager to provide you with representation that is equal parts compassionate and competent.Collisions With Animals: When and Where
Car accidents involving animals can happen during any season, at any time of day, and on any road. However, certain times of the year, day, and settings lend themselves to these types of accidents more than others. In New York State, several factors increase a driver’s risk of collision with an animal:
- Time of Year: Approximately 65,000 collisions with deer occur in New York State each year. Most of these accidents take place between October and December or during the breeding season. During this period, deer are less cautious and more likely to venture out onto the road. Additionally, New York’s moose population has increased. As a result, car collisions involving moose have also risen during this time of year.
- Time of Day: Deer are most active during dawn and dusk, especially from October to December. Their peak hours are two hours before sunrise and two hours after sunset each day.
- Location: While car crashes involving wildlife typically take place on rural roads, they can occur in a wide range of settings, from country roads to neighborhoods to highways. In fact, the most traveled road type in the United States is the two-lane highway, which many Americans use to travel to work in nearby cities.
- Other Factors: Other factors can increase the risk of a collision involving an animal, including traveling at an unsafe speed or while distracted in an area that is known to have abundant wildlife activity. The type of vehicle one is operating also impacts the outcome of the accident: In a collision with an animal, a motorcyclist is likely to have a higher fatality rate than an individual driving a car.
Regardless of the details of your accident, our top rated Rochester collisions with animals attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are eager to hear your story and advocate for you. Call us at (585) 939-3939 or visit us online for a free consultation.What About Compensation?
If you were involved in a collision with an animal, the last thing you want to have to worry about is finances. Any car accident is upsetting, and figuring out how you are going to address accompanying expenses is far from pleasant. Nailing down the details of your accident can help you determine your best course of action for obtaining compensation. Here are some scenarios that may entitle you to compensation after a collision with an animal:
- You Sustained Damage to Your Car: In most states, including New York, hitting a wild animal is generally considered a no-fault accident. However, for the damage to your car to be covered, you need to have comprehensive coverage through your insurance company. On the other hand, if you swerved to avoid hitting the animal and crashed in the process, the accident would only be covered by collision coverage, which helps with the cost of repairs if you hit another object, such as a tree or another car.
- You Crashed Because of Someone’s Loose Animal: An animal’s owner is responsible for keeping their animal properly restrained at all times. Therefore, if you were in a collision involving someone’s livestock or pet, you may be able to sue the animal’s owner for negligence. The negligent owner of the animal may be responsible for your lost wages, medical bills associated with the collision, such as hospital stays, doctors’ visits, medication, damage to your car, and pain and suffering.
- You Were Injured as a Passenger: If you were a passenger injured in a collision with an animal, the driver might be liable for injuries you sustained in the accident. Even if the driver was only partially responsible for the collision, you might be entitled to recover costs related to your injuries, including lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
If you have been injured in a collision with an animal in Rochester, New York, do not hesitate to contact us. Our skilled Rochester collisions with animals lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are prepared to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us at (585) 939-3939 or visit us online, and we will give you a free consultation.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN A COLLISION WITH AN
ANIMAL IN ROCHESTER, NEW YORK?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS COMMITTED TEAM OF
ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, COLLISIONS WITH ANIMALS
ATTORNEYS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN
THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We do not charge you until we WIN for you!