Boat Propeller Accidents In Buffalo, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight to Obtain the Maximum Compensation for People Who Were Injured in a Propeller Accident.
Boat propeller accidents can lead to serious injuries or even death. Since they are below the water line, boat propellers are very dangerous because boat operators, passengers, and swimmers cannot see them. If you are on or near a boat, you may be the victim of a boat propeller accident if you are not careful. According to the United States Coast Guard Annual Recreational Boating Safety Reports, about 185 to 265 boat propeller accidents are reported each year. However, the United States Coast Guard admits that many propeller accidents are underreported. In fact, their data may represent only 10% of all boating injury accidents per year.
If you, or a loved one, were severely injured in a boat propeller accident in Western New York, the lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of highly experienced lawyers have practiced personal injury litigation for years and will relentlessly fight for your boat injury claim. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is proudly recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and has received multiple accolades from elite law organizations.
As evidenced by our five-star client reviews, the attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. prioritize the satisfaction of their clients. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his elite lawyers have secured over $175 million in settlements from insurance companies. The attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are experts in their field and are passionate about the work that they do. Let the lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. provide you with top rated legal services today. Call 716-839-3939 today for a free consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and would be delighted to represent you!Common Causes of Boat Propeller Accidents
Unfortunately, boat propeller accidents are all too common in the Western New York region, a place known for its vast and majestic lakes. The two most common causes of boat propeller injuries are the following:
- Falling Overboard: If passengers are standing or sitting at the edge of the boat, they can easily fall overboard into the propeller blades when the boat operator jerks the vessel forward. When boat drivers steer recklessly, passengers can unexpectedly fall into the water. Other accidents can occur when passengers attempt to hop onto their jet ski from the back of the boat and end up sliding into the water and hitting the propeller. When people go overboard, whether by accident or on purpose, they can hit the propellers and get seriously injured.
- Negligent Boating: When boaters steer their vessel without caution, they can harm divers and swimmers in the area. Swimmers that are behind the boat can get injured when negligent boat drivers put the gear in reverse. Many times jet skiers get injured from boat propellers when the boat operator circles around to pick them up without cutting off the engine first. In addition, swimmers and divers can become the victims of propeller accidents when boaters disregard buoys and enter swimming and diving zones.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a boat propeller accident in Western New York, the attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can represent you. For over twenty years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has made it his mission to provide his clients with the highest level of legal services. The lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will strive to achieve the best possible result for your boat propeller injury case. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has been recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm. Our top rated lawyers will aggressively fight to obtain the maximum compensation for your injuries. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939 to receive the best legal assistance in Western New York.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES BECAUSE OF A BOAT PROPELLER ACCIDENT IN WESTERN NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BOAT PROPELLER ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 FOR TOP RATED LEGAL SERVICES
One way to prevent boat propeller accidents is to be more aware of your surroundings. The following are tips to help you be more attentive in order to protect yourself and your passengers from a tragic propeller accident:
- Constantly Look For People In The Water: When you are steering a boat, never assume that the water around your vessel is free of swimmers. Before turning on the engine, always check the perimeter of your boat. Fog, waves, and sun glares can interfere with your ability to see swimmers, so it is important to do a thorough check before starting your boat. In addition, boaters should keep a significant distance from all swimming and diving zones.
- Do Not Drink Alcohol While Operating The Boat: It is imperative that you do not drink any alcoholic beverages while operating the boat. Alcohol can impair your vision and ability to control your movements. Therefore, drinking on the boat can affect your ability to see swimmers in the water. Ideally, passengers should also refrain from consuming alcohol because they may accidentally fall off the boat into the propellers.
- Use A Kill-Switch: A kill-switch is a device with a wire that is used to shut off the boat engine directly. In the event that a passenger unexpectedly falls overboard or the boat operator suddenly spots an approaching swimmer, using the kill switch can stop the propeller.
- Inform Your Passengers: One of the simplest ways to prevent boat propeller accidents is to inform your passengers on how to protect themselves from the propeller. For example, boat operators should tell passengers to stay clear of the propeller in the water. Also, passengers should not sit on the edge of the boat, especially near the bow. It only takes one sudden movement for passengers to fall overboard and into the propeller blades.
Sadly, even when boaters follow these safety tips, propeller accidents still happen. If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a boat propeller accident because of a boat operator’s negligence, the highly qualified attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our team of lawyers is committed to reaching the maximum settlement for your boat propeller injury claim. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of skilled and professional lawyers have secured over $1,000,000 at least 44 times from insurance companies. The attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. understand that boat propeller accidents cause a lot of pain and suffering. For this reason, our dedicated lawyers will strive to obtain the highest compensation for your losses, including medical expenses, loss of income, and any other hardships. The level of professionalism and expertise demonstrated by the lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is virtually unparalleled. Let the attorneys of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. represent you, and call today for a free consultation!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your boat propeller injury claim. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!