Lake Erie Boat Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight to Obtain the Best Result Possible for People Who Were Injured in Boat Accidents on Lake Erie.
Lake Erie is one of the five Great Lakes and the eleventh largest lake in the world. With a surface area of nearly 10,000 miles, Lake Erie reaches the Canadian province of Ontario and the states of New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan in America. Lake Erie is home to many hidden gems, which include beautiful beaches and secluded islands. The lake also offers dozens of unique attractions, such as island hopping, bird-watching, water parks, hiking trails, and more. Each year Lake Erie attracts thousands of tourists who want to experience not only the enjoyable activities on land but also the lake’s majestic waters. Boaters frequently travel on Lake Erie, and as a result, many boat accidents happen annually.
According to the United States Coast Guard, 79% of deadly boat accident victims died by drowning. In the year 2018, there were 64 drownings reported in the Great Lakes with Lake Erie accounting for a majority of the deaths. Overall, recreational boating in Lake Erie is a fun activity, but boaters must be cautious when navigating along its waters.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a boat accident on Lake Erie, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can represent you. With over twenty years of experience, Jed Dietrich, Esq. is an expert in personal injury litigation. He has received dozens of accolades from elite law organizations and has earned a five-star rating on Google from his clients. The attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have secured over $175 million from insurance companies as compensation for their clients. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. prioritizes client satisfaction and will strive to reach a resolution that best benefits you. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of highly qualified lawyers will aggressively fight for your Lake Erie boat accident claim today! Call 716-839-3939 for a free consultation. We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, and would be delighted to represent you.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN A BOAT ACCIDENT ON LAKE ERIE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS EXPERIENCED TEAM OF LAKE ERIE BOAT ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 TO GET THE COMPENSATION YOU DESERVE!
Many boat accidents occur on Lake Erie each year, and often they can be fatal. It is important to familiarize yourself with the common causes of Lake Erie boat accidents to protect yourself and others. The following are four of the most common causes of recreational boating accidents on Lake Erie:
- Speeding: When boaters speed, it is difficult to spot objects in the water and oncoming vessels. Speeding was the main cause of a tragic Lake Erie accident when a schoolteacher died after she was ejected from the boat when it crashed. When boaters drive their watercrafts slowly, they can stop their vessels if needed and adjust the boats accordingly.
- Operating While Drunk: Many frequent boaters love to have parties, and often this includes having alcoholic beverages onboard. However, drinking while operating a boat is not advised. In fact, a boat operator driving under the influence on Lake Erie hit a break wall, and four passengers had to be rescued. As a result, boaters should refrain from drinking while operating the boat to ensure the safety of themselves and their passengers.
- Engine Failure: It is important that boaters frequently check their boat’s engine because malfunctions happen often. Two boaters found themselves stranded in the middle of Lake Erie when their engine failed. To avoid engine failure, boaters should regularly check the machinery in their vessels.
- Operator Inattention: The boat operator should always be aware of their surroundings when on the water. When boaters are not mindful of their environment, they can cause harm to others and damage their vessels. For example, several people were seriously injured when a boat hit a break wall on Lake Erie. The boat operator told officers he was paying attention to the vessel’s gauges and GPS instead of keeping an appropriate lookout.
By familiarizing yourself with these common causes of boating accidents on Lake Erie, you can protect yourself and others from danger. However, boat accidents still happen, and if you are injured, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. provides top rated legal assistance and will zealously advocate for your personal injury case. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of seasoned lawyers have secured $1,000,000 at least 33 times on behalf of their clients. Our attorneys are committed to obtaining the results their clients deserve. Call us today for a free consultation at 716-839-3939!
In the event of a crisis, it is important to stock your boat with emergency supplies. Having the following safety equipment items on board may increase your chances of survival in a boat accident:
- Lifejacket: Make sure you have a life jacket or any wearable flotation device for each passenger on board your vessel. As mentioned earlier, drowning accounts for the majority of all boat accident deaths, and a life jacket will keep you from sinking. An awful accident happened near the Outer Harbor of Lake Erie when a man drowned after his boat crashed. His boat had several life jackets, but he was not wearing one, and unfortunately, he paid the price.
- First Aid Kit: Any sort of onboard medical equipment could be very helpful if someone becomes injured on the vessel. If someone is injured from a boat accident, the first aid kit can help treat the injuries until a member of the coast guard arrives at the scene.
- Warm Clothing: If your boat happens to capsize or you fall overboard, it is important to have access to warm clothing. The waters of Lake Erie are approximately 50 degrees, and you can quickly develop hypothermia. In fact, the reason why many boat accident victims drown is that they freeze to death. As a result, you should stock your vessel with clothing that can protect you against cold temperatures.
- A Radio: A radio can allow you to communicate with other boats and the United States Coast Guard in the case of an emergency. The United States Coast Guard regularly monitors channel 16, so you can use this station to listen for important updates and contact the coast guard in the event of an emergency.
If you, or a loved one, were severely injured in a boat accident on Lake Erie, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can provide you with outstanding legal services. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of battle-tested attorneys are determined to reach the best possible outcome for your boat injury case. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has been highly successful in obtaining compensation for his clients. He and his experienced lawyers are experts in their field and know what it takes to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your Lake Erie boat accident personal injury claim. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!