Lake Ontario Boat Accidents In New York State
Jed Dietrich, Esq. Is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight to Obtain the Best Result Possible for People Who Were Injured in Boat Accidents on Lake Ontario.
Lake Ontario is a stunning body of water that is surrounded by the American state of New York and the Canadian province of Ontario. The last of the five Great Lakes, Lake Ontario connects to the Atlantic Ocean. Lake Ontario is the 13th largest lake in the world and is home to a variety of aquatic life. Popular cities such as Rochester and Toronto are located along its coast, making it a busy tourist destination. Boaters frequently travel across Lake Ontario to see its shores, visit its islands, or leisurely cruise along its waters. Even though recreational boating on Lake Ontario is an enjoyable activity, it does have its own dangers.
According to the 2018 Recreational Boating Report, Lake Ontario had 13 boat accidents, 3 injuries, and 3 fatalities in one year. However, boating accidents are often underreported, so these numbers may not represent all of the incidents that occur. In general, when boating on Lake Ontario, it is important to be cautious when roaming along its waters.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a boat accident on Lake Ontario, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can provide you with exceptional legal services. Our highly experienced and battle-tested lawyers have practiced personal injury litigation for years. The attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. understand that getting involved in a boat accident can be traumatic and stressful. That is why our skilled lawyers will aggressively advocate for your case so you can be properly compensated for your injuries, lost wages, boat damage, and more. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and has received numerous honors from the top law organizations. Let the seasoned and dedicated attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. represent you today! Call 716-839-3939 for a free consultation. We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, and would be happy to assist you!
One danger that causes many boat accidents on Lake Ontario is breakwalls. Breakwalls are barriers designed to protect the coastline from harsh waves from the lake. These structures are usually made of rock and are located between the lake and boat harbors. While breakwalls are meant to protect shores and harbored boats, they can also cause quite a lot of damage. Breakwalls can sometimes be partially submerged underwater, making it difficult for boat operators to see them. As a result, many boats crash into breakwalls if the boat driver is not paying attention. The following are hazardous breakwalls that you should be mindful of when boating on Lake Ontario:
- Wright’s Landing: The break wall near Wright’s Landing was the site of a 19-foot fishing boat crash. Luckily all passengers were wearing life jackets and only had to be treated for minor injuries.
- Sodus Bay: A boater was recklessly driving his vessel when it struck a breakwall near Sodus Bay. He and his wife were seriously injured and were treated at Strong Memorial Hospital. Another boat accident occurred when a teen carelessly collided with the Sodus Bay breakwall. Upon impact, he and two others were thrown into the lake and subsequently treated for injuries.
- Oswego Harbor: Three people were involved in a boat collision at the breakwall at Oswego Harbor. The boat operator was reported to be under the influence, luckily there were not any serious injuries.
These are just a few of the many breakwalls around Lake Ontario. Whenever you are boating, it is important to be mindful of these structures in order to avoid a serious boat accident. If you were injured in a boat accident in Lake Ontario, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of outstanding attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has obtained over $175 million from insurance companies on behalf of his clients. As evidenced by his client reviews, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of hardworking attorneys will fiercely advocate for your injury claim. Call us today for a free consultation at 716-839-3939!
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN A BOAT ACCIDENT ON LAKE ONTARIO?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEAM OF LAKE ONTARIO BOAT ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 FOR OUTSTANDING LEGAL ASSISTANCE.
Boat accident victims suffer a wide range of injuries. Due to the nature of boat accidents, boat injuries are different from injuries sustained from other vehicles. The following are some of the most common types of boat accident injuries on Lake Ontario:
- Brain Injuries: Passengers can become severely brain damaged if involved in a serious boat accident. When there is a boat collision or turbulent water, passengers can hit their heads on the hard surfaces of the boat. In other cases, passengers may injure their heads upon impact with the water when thrown overboard.
- Electric Shock: The electricity that causes many electric shock injuries is from wiring at marinas and boats that is connected to the dock’s power supply. Electric shocks can cause minor injuries or even death, depending on how much contact you make with the water. One tragic accident resulted in the death of a man who was electrocuted when guiding a boat on Lake Ontario.
- Lacerations: Many laceration injuries involve the boat’s propeller located at the bow of the vessel. If passengers accidentally get too close to the propeller, they can suffer deep lacerations and sometimes even dismemberment of an arm or leg. On Lake Ontario, four passengers suffered deep facial and head lacerations when their boat crashed into a pier.
If you, or a loved one, were severely injured in a boat accident on Lake Ontario, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of top rated attorneys can fight for your personal injury claim. The lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are organized, battle-tested, and dedicated. They have secured over $1,000,000 at least 38 times as compensation for their clients. Not only do the attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have exceptional legal expertise, but they also pride themselves on excellent client satisfaction. They handle each case with a professional and compassionate approach. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his seasoned lawyers will be by your side every step of the way, and they are determined to reach the best possible outcome for your case.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your Lake Ontario boat accident personal injury claim. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!