Niagara River Boat Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight to Obtain the Best Result Possible for People Who Were Injured in Boat Accidents on the Niagara River.
The Niagara River is a majestic strait that connects Lake Ontario to Lake Erie. This river stretches 38 miles and acts as a border between Canada and the United States. The Niagara River passes over the popular landmark of Niagara Falls before flowing into the Niagara Gorge. This narrow waterway is home to two large islands: Grand Island and Navy Island. Grand Island is a popular residential neighborhood with quaint restaurants, boat marinas, and vibrant parks. On the other hand, Navy Island is uninhabited and is recognized as a National Historic Site of Canada. Whether stopping by Grand Island or observing Navy Island from afar, boaters frequently travel along the stunning waterway of the Niagara River.
The high volume of boaters traveling along the river can lead to many boat accidents. According to the Recreational Boating Report of New York, Niagara County had six boat accidents, two injuries, and one fatality in 2018 alone. In fact, the Niagara River is notorious for its rapid current. A current of one knot, the equivalent to one nautical mile per hour, is considered very fast, and certain parts of the Niagara River average around four knots. Overall, the currents of the Niagara River can be very dangerous, and boaters should be cautious when navigating the strait.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a boat accident on the Niagara River, the skilled lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can provide you with the highest level of legal services. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and is a member of The Best Attorneys of America, an organization that recognizes the top 1% of the highest achieving lawyers. The attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. provide quality representation and will always strive to obtain the maximum compensation for their clients.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of top rated attorneys have years of experience in personal injury law. If you are injured in a boat accident on the Niagara River, they will aggressively fight to ensure that you are fully compensated for your injuries and suffering. As indicated by our five-star client reviews, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. prioritizes the satisfaction of their clients. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has secured over $175 million in settlements and has obtained $1,000,000 at least 33 times on behalf of his clients. Let the lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. represent you today. Call 716-839-3939 for a free consultation. We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, and would be delighted to assist you.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN A BOAT ACCIDENT ON THE NIAGARA RIVER?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS HIGHLY SKILLED TEAM OF NIAGARA RIVER BOAT ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 TO RECEIVE TOP RATED LEGAL ASSISTANCE!
On the Niagara River, the high volume of boaters and the dangerous currents can cause many boat accidents. The two most common types of accidents occur when boats either collide or capsize.
- Boat Collisions: On the Niagara River, boats often collide with other boats or other watercrafts. These types of accidents occur often and can potentially be deadly. Two fishermen tragically drowned in the Niagara River when a speedboat struck their fishing boat. Their fishing boat was completely damaged, and reports say their boat was run over from front to back. Another incident occurred when a boat collided with a jet skier who subsequently drowned. If boaters are not properly looking out for other boats or objects in the water, they can increase the likelihood of colliding with another vessel. Boaters should ensure the safety of themselves and their passengers by always being watchful and possibly investing in a radar device to avoid collisions.
- Boat Capsizing: Capsizing is one of the leading causes of recreational boat accident injuries. Capsizing is most often caused by weather, but boat drivers can also cause overturning. A Niagara River tour boat capsized and threw seven passengers into the water, and two passengers were treated at a local hospital for injuries. A tragic accident involved a Niagara River coast guard boat flipping over, and two men were killed. According to the United States Boating Safety Division, ways to avoid capsizing include driving the boat at a steady speed and not overloading the vessel. In addition, drivers should organize equipment and passengers evenly to stabilize the boat and provide each passenger with life jackets. Drivers should be mindful of large waves and attempt to steer toward the wave at an angle instead of straight on. These safety measures are the best ways to avoid overturning and maximize your chance of survival if your boat capsizes.
It is important that you practice safe boating so that you are prepared in the event of a boat collision or capsizing. If you, or a loved one, were injured in a boat accident on the Niagara River, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys offer top rated legal assistance and have years of litigation experience. The lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will diligently fight for your claim and strive to reach a satisfactory resolution of your case. Call us today for a free consultation at 716-839-3939!
Steps You Should Take If You Are Involved In A Boat Accident On The Niagara River
If you are involved in a boat accident on the Niagara River, it is important to know what to do next. The following are steps you should take to ensure your safety and legally protect yourself:
- Seek Medical Treatment: If you are injured on the boat, the first thing you should do is call for emergency assistance. The Niagara Coast Guard Station patrols the Niagara River, and they can help in the event of an accident. If you are not seriously injured, make sure the other passengers on the boat are safe and help any passengers that may have fallen overboard. Once everyone has received the necessary medical treatment, make sure the boat is out of the way of oncoming vessels.
- Report The Accident: Next, you should report the boat incident to The Niagara Coast Guard Station. You should provide the Coast Guard with as much information as possible, including the location of the boat accident and the severity of the situation.
- Gather Evidence: Exchange information with all of the boat operators and passengers involved in the accident. Take multiple pictures of any damage and injuries caused by the boat accident.
Once you complete these steps, make it safely to shore, and recover from your injuries, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Our team of exceptional and experienced lawyers can provide you with top rated legal services. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is highly successful in helping his clients obtain compensation for their injuries. The lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will zealously advocate for your personal injury claim today.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your Niagara River boat accident personal injury claim. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!