New York Sightseeing Tour Boat Accidents
Jed Dietrich, Esq. Is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight to Obtain the Best Result Possible for People Who Were Injured in Sightseeing Tour Boat Accidents in Western New York.
Many tourists travel across the country to experience the sightseeing tours that Western New York has to offer. Just 20 miles north of Buffalo, New York, is Niagara Falls, a renowned tourist attraction. Popular sightseeing tours, such as the Maid of the Mist, transport passengers daily to see one of nature’s most significant landmarks. Major New York cities along the Niagara River and Lake Erie also offer sightseeing tours so that passengers can view the majestic skylines along the shore.
Unfortunately, sightseeing tours are not always safe. Tragically, twenty passengers drowned after an accident involving a sightseeing tour boat in upstate New York. Investigators later learned that the tour boat was not tested for stability after a 2,000-pound roof was installed on the vessel, and the additional weight caused the boat to capsize. These overlooked errors are quite common and can be deadly.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a sightseeing tour boat accident, the distinguished attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you get the compensation you deserve. Jed Dietrich, Esq., the head of our firm, founded the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in 2005. Since then, he and his skilled team of lawyers have been committed to providing outstanding legal services to their clients. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and has been recognized by many other accolades and elite memberships to top law organizations. There is no doubt that you will receive high-quality legal assistance if you are represented by one of our experienced attorneys. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at 716-839-3939 for a free consultation today! We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, and would be delighted to assist you!
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN A SIGHTSEEING TOUR BOAT ACCIDENT IN WESTERN NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS HIGHLY EFFECTIVE TEAM OF SIGHTSEEING TOUR BOAT ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 FOR TERRIFIC LEGAL REPRESENTATION!
As seen in the fatal sightseeing tour boat accident mentioned earlier, faults in the equipment can lead to serious injuries or death. In this case, whoever was responsible for inspecting the vessel would be held liable. In many boat accident cases, there is a negligent operator or owner that might be held responsible for the cause of the accident. The following are some examples of tour boat operator negligence:
- Inexperienced Tour Boat Operators: According to the United States Coast Guard’s Boating Accident Data, 81% of fatalities occurred on boats that were operated by someone who lacked boating safety instruction. Proper boating instruction teaches new operators to be aware of the route, water depth, currents, and nearby traffic when operating their vessels. In addition, licensed and experienced operators are familiar with regulations on the water and required boat inspections.
- Intoxicated Tour Boat Operators: Alcohol can affect the operator’s ability to control the vessel and react to hazards in the water. Intoxicated tour boat operators can recklessly maneuver the vessel by speeding or making sharp turns. Additionally, intoxicated operators have a slower reaction time and impaired judgment, which can jeopardize the safety of their passengers.
- Inattentive Tour Boat Operators: When navigating on the water, it is the responsibility of the tour boat operator to be aware of their surroundings. If the tour boat operator is distracted by something, like their phone, it can pose a serious threat to passengers. It is especially important that sightseeing tour boat operators are paying attention to where they are going because they are responsible for a large group of tourists.
If you were seriously injured in a sightseeing tour boat accident because an operator was irresponsible, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Operator negligence is a leading cause of sightseeing tour boat accidents, and the excellent lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you prove liability. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of attorneys, have obtained $1 million, or more, at least 38 times for their clients. Our attorneys have secured over $175 million in settlements and verdicts on behalf of their clients. The lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you receive compensation for medical expenses, lost earnings, and any other burdens incurred from your injuries. Let our qualified attorneys do what they do best, which is to help you get the compensation you deserve! Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today for top rated legal support!Essential Emergency Equipment In The Event Of A Sightseeing Tour Boat Accident
As a guest on a sightseeing tour boat, it is important that you feel comfortable and safe on the trip. The sightseeing tour boat operator or owner should have important equipment to protect their passengers from any danger. If you were injured in a tour boat accident because the operator lacked the necessary emergency equipment, you might be entitled to compensation. The following is a list of essential emergency equipment for sightseeing tour boat operations:
- Life Preservers: The tour boat operators must have enough flotation devices and life jackets for each passenger on board. If there is an accident where passengers fall overboard, and there are not enough life preservers available, the tour boat operators should be held accountable.
- First Aid Kit: The sightseeing tour boat should always have a first aid kit on board during the trip. If a passenger is injured, the tour boat operators should have access to resources to help treat the victim until professional medics arrive at the scene.
- Fire Extinguisher: There should be a fire extinguisher on the sightseeing tour boat at all times. Fires can occur due to equipment failures in the fuel and electrical systems. As a result, the tour boat operators should be prepared in the event of a boat fire.
If you were injured in a sightseeing tour boat accident because the tour boat operators or owners lacked the necessary equipment, you might be entitled to compensation. The attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have experience handling sightseeing tour boat accidents, and they can represent you next! With a five-star Google rating, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is known for providing extraordinary services to their clients. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his remarkable team of lawyers, are attentive, efficient, and passionate. Our attorneys value transparency, and you will be continuously updated with the status of your injury case. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our lawyers have the highest regard for the satisfaction of their clients. If you want to be represented by exceptional attorneys who value your wellbeing and secure desired results, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your sightseeing boat tour accident in Western New York personal injury claim. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!