Canandaigua Lake Boat Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq. Is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight to Obtain the Best Result Possible for People Who Were Injured in Boat Accidents on Canandaigua Lake.
Canandaigua Lake is one of the eleven Finger Lakes in New York. It is the fourth largest of the Finger Lakes at 15 miles long. Canandaigua Lake is notorious for its high quality of freshwater. The town of Canandaigua uses Canandaigua Lake as its only supply of drinking water. Canandaigua Lake was voted to have the best drinking water in New York state on two separate occasions.
Canandaigua Lake also offers many recreational activities for boaters and visitors. The Canandaigua Lake Marine State Park is located on the lake’s north shore and offers boaters fishing accessibility and a boat launch. In addition, the Canandaigua Lady is a double-decker tour boat that provides cruises around the lake to the general public. Canandaigua Lake also has many beaches, waterfront restaurants, and boating spots along its shores.
Since Canandaigua Lake has many activities and amenities, boaters frequently cruise along its waters to explore the lake’s hot spots. While boating can be a great recreational activity, it is important to practice boating safely and prepare in the event of an accident or emergency. If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a boat accident on Canandaigua Lake, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can provide you with top rated legal assistance.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and a Best Attorney of America. He and his team of highly experienced attorneys have secured over $175 million as compensation for their clients. The lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will go above and beyond to support you through this difficult time. They will fiercely strive to make sure you are fairly compensated for the pain and suffering you experienced. Call 716-839-3939 for a free consultation today. We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, and would be delighted to help you!
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN A BOAT ACCIDENT ON CANANDAIGUA LAKE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL TEAM OF CANANDAIGUA LAKE BOAT ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 FOR THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF LEGAL SERVICES
Many boaters often drink when cruising along Canandaigua Lake. When discussing drinking restrictions, a seasonal Canandaigua Lake boater claimed that the lake seems more lenient when it comes to drinking restrictions. He also said, “People look at the lake as a recreational escape, but I do not think they realize that it is very similar to the rules of the road.” In fact, the legal alcohol limit is the same whether you are operating a motor vehicle or a boat. Drinking while boating can have harmful consequences that can injure you and others. The following are some of the dangers of drinking alcohol while boating:
- Obscured Vision: Sun glares and wave movements already impair your vision, and alcohol can obstruct your senses even more. Clear vision is vital when boating because it is essential to see your surroundings in order to safely navigate your boat.
- Loss of Control: Alcohol can affect your ability to control your movements. When drinking, passengers become more likely to lose their balance and fall overboard, and boat operators can lose the ability to properly control their vessel. For example, a crash involving a jet ski left one person severely injured when an intoxicated boat driver lost control on Canandaigua Lake.
- Slower Reaction: When intoxicated, it takes longer than normal for boaters to respond to signals and react to objects and people in the water. An accident occurred on Canandaigua Lake when an intoxicated man collided with several docked boats because he was not able to adjust his vessel in time. According to the Boat U.S. Foundation, stressors such as wind, vibrations, waves, and noise can cause “Boaters Hypnosis,” a type of fatigue that slows your reaction time, and alcohol can strengthen these effects.
The effects of alcohol can lead to terrible boat accidents and cause critical injuries. If you are injured in a boat accident on Canandaigua Lake, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is a five-star law firm that values client satisfaction. For over twenty years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has gained compensation for his clients. Insurance companies have paid the clients of Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $1,000,000 in settlements and verdicts at least 38 times. The seasoned attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are effective, compassionate, and battle-tested. They will zealously fight to reach the best possible outcome for your boat injury case. Call us today for a free consultation at 716-839-3939!How To Respond To A Boat Fire On Canandaigua Lake
Boat fires are not an uncommon phenomenon, and they happen more often than people think. Boat fires are usually caused by mechanical issues with the fuel systems of boats, such as gas leaks and engine malfunctions. The following are steps you should take in the event of a boat fire on Canandaigua Lake:
- Shut off the Engine: As mentioned before, many fires start because of engine complications. For example, a man and several of his passengers suffered minor burns to their legs when his boat caught fire once he turned on the engine. Even if the source of the fire is not near the engine, you should still shut off the engine to be sure.
- Use a Fire Extinguisher to Put Out the Fire: Grab the fire extinguisher on your boat, and pull the safety pin on the handle. Aim the nozzle towards the bottom of the blaze, and squeeze the handle. Keep spraying until the fire is put out.
- Put on Life Jackets: Just in case there is a fire explosion or the fire is unmanageable, you may need to jump overboard for your own safety. If this ever occurs, life jackets will keep you afloat until the fire rescue boat arrives. In fact, a four-year-old girl and a ten-year-old girl were saved by their life jackets when they had to jump overboard to avoid the flames on their boat on Canandaigua Lake.
By following these steps, you can protect yourself and others from the dangers of a boat fire on Canandaigua Lake. If you are injured in a boat accident on Canandaigua Lake, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can offer you exceptional legal assistance. The attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are detail-oriented, passionate, and well respected in Western New York. They have the highest level of legal knowledge and are incredibly focused on achieving the best possible result for your case. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today to receive outstanding legal aid.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your Canandaigua Lake boat accident personal injury claim. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!