Finger Lakes Boat Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq. Is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight to Obtain the Best Result Possible for People Who Were Injured in Boat Accidents on the Finger Lakes.
The Finger Lakes is a region that consists of eleven lakes in New York. The name Finger Lakes is derived from the narrow shape of the lakes, which resembles fingers from a birds-eye view. The lakes that make up the Finger Lakes region are Canadice Lake, Canandaigua Lake, Cayuga Lake, Conesus Lake, Hemlock Lake, Honeoye Lake, Keuka Lake, Otisco Lake, Owasco Lake, Seneca Lake, and Skaneateles Lake. The Finger Lakes region covers the majority of Western New York and reaches major cities such as Rochester, Syracuse, and Ithaca.
There are many notable places along the Finger Lakes that attract tourists from across the state. For example, Canadice Lake is surrounded by the beautiful foliage of Hemlock-Canadice State Park. The Finger Lakes region is home to over 100 wine vineyards, several of which border Seneca Lake, Canandaigua Lake, and others. In addition, Keuka Lake is home to Bluff Point Stoneworks, a prehistoric structure thought to have been built before Native Americans came to the region.
Overall, the Finger Lakes Region has many attractions that bring in boaters from all over New York. Unfortunately, because of the high number of boaters on the Finger Lakes, many boat accidents tend to happen. If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a boat accident on one of the Finger Lakes, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Jed Dietrich, Esq., the leader of our firm, has practiced personal injury litigation for over twenty years. He and his experienced team of lawyers will be by your side every step of the way. They are willing to go the distance to make sure you get the best possible outcome for your case. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has obtained over $175 million from insurance companies as compensation for his clients. Demonstrated by our five-star client testimonials, the lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. offer the highest quality legal services and are committed to achieving their clients’ full satisfaction. Call 716-839-3939 for a free consultation. We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, and would be delighted to assist you.Common Causes Of Boat Accidents On The Finger Lakes
Thousands of boat accidents happen each year, and they can result in serious injuries, costs, and damages. By knowing the primary causes of boat accidents, you can keep yourself and others safe. The following are common causes of boat accidents on the Finger Lakes:
- Alcohol Use: Boat operators should always refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages because they can endanger themselves and other passengers. For example, an intoxicated boat driver was arrested after he struck and injured two passengers who had just left the boat to go in the water with his boat motor on Owasco Lake. Alcohol can impair your vision and ability to control your actions.
- Operator Inattention: Keeping a proper lookout is the main way that boaters can avoid collisions with other boats, people, and objects in the water. On Skaneateles Lake, a father accidentally hit and injured his young daughter, who was in the water. She was treated for serious injuries at the nearest hospital. If the father had been paying better attention to his surroundings, he might have avoided this horrible accident. Therefore, boat operators should always make sure they are aware of their environment before starting the engine.
- Speeding: When boaters speed, they have little control over their vessel, especially during turns and sudden stops. Additionally, when boats are going very fast, it is easy for passengers to get ejected from the watercrafts. For example, two men were ejected from their speeding boat on Seneca Lake, and one of the men tragically drowned. Overall, speeding is very dangerous and is not worth severely harming yourself or others.
By familiarizing yourself with these common causes of boating accidents on the Finger Lakes, you can make boating safer for yourself and those around you. However, boat accidents still happen, and if you are wrongly injured, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can represent you. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and has received many accolades from elite law organizations. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his seasoned team of lawyers have obtained $1,000,000 at least 38 times for their clients. They each tenaciously work to achieve one goal, which is to reach the best outcome for their clients. Let the battle-tested lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. represent you. Call us today for a free consultation at 716-839-3939!
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN A BOAT ACCIDENT ON THE FINGER LAKES?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL TEAM OF FINGER LAKES BOAT ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 FOR TOP RATED LEGAL ASSISTANCE!
There is a wide range of injuries that people can suffer from boat accidents. Some can be non-threatening and others can cause permanent damage. The following are a few of the many types of injuries you can get from a boat accident on the Finger Lakes:
- Lacerations: Many laceration injuries are caused by the propeller blades under the bow of the boat. The propeller blades can seriously cut and sometimes dismember the limbs of people in the vicinity. A tragic accident happened on Skaneateles Lake when an intoxicated boat operator started the propeller of his boat when his friend was near the blades. His friend was left critically injured and suffered severe lacerations.
- Burns: Passengers can sustain burns from boat accidents if there is an explosion or fire on the boat. Oftentimes, these incidents happen from a leak or malfunction in the boat’s fuel systems. One example occurred on Keuka Lake when two people suffered burns when their vessel exploded during a boat show.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are a common type of injury in collisions. When a person in the water is struck by a boat, they will often break several bones. In general, any case where a passenger hits a hard surface with a lot of force can lead to fractures. For example, two victims of a crash slammed into a dock on Canandaigua Lake, breaking both of their femurs.
If you, or a loved one, suffered any of these injuries or more, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can provide you with the best legal services. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. attorneys are positive, knowledgeable, and focused. They have the highest degree of legal expertise in personal injury law and handle each case with a level of persistence that is unmatched. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of attorneys will strive to get you fully compensated for any injuries, lost wages, and property damage incurred from the boat accident. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today to receive exceptional legal assistance.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your Finger Lakes boat accident personal injury claim. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!