Kayak Accidents In New York State
Jed Dietrich, Esq. Is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight to Obtain the Best Result Possible for People Who Were Injured in Kayak Accidents in Western New York.
Kayaking is a pleasurable recreational activity and a great way to immerse yourself in nature. During the summer months, kayaking is very popular in Western New York. You can rent kayaks, take kayak tours, and launch your own kayak from the Niagara River, Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, and more. Although kayaking is a fun activity, it can be dangerous if you do not follow the proper safety precautions. In Buffalo, New York, for instance, two kayakers were rescued when they fell out of their kayaks due to the harsh currents of the Niagara River. Unfortunately, some are not so lucky, and a kayaker drowned in Hyde Park Lake in Niagara Falls. There is no doubt that kayaking can lead to severe injuries and even death.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a kayaking accident, the lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Our skilled Buffalo personal injury attorneys have years of litigation experience, and the head of our firm, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has been practicing law for over twenty years. The best Buffalo personal injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have secured over $175 million in settlements and verdicts on behalf of their clients. Our hardworking and battle-tested team of injury lawyers will diligently fight to win your kayaking injury case. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (716) 839-3939 for a free consultation today! We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and would be delighted to represent you!Mistakes To Avoid When Kayaking In Western New York
When kayaking, it is important to know the risks and potential dangers of the water. The following is a list of common mistakes people make when kayaking and how to avoid them to help ensure a safe kayaking experience for you and your loved ones:
- Kayaking Alone: If you kayak alone, it is difficult for someone to notice and rescue you if you capsize. It is much safer to kayak in groups or with another kayaker on the water. In a group, you are more visible, and each member can look out for one another.
- Being Unaware of Currents: Strong currents are one of the main reasons for kayak accidents. It is important to kayak with the current instead of against it. Check out the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration for the water levels, tide, and current predictions for your local area.
- Wearing Improper Clothing: There is always the possibility that your kayak may flip and submerge you underwater. If the water is cold, you may run the risk of hypothermia. In cold conditions, wear layers and warm clothing as if you are prepared to capsize, and be sure to wear a life jacket at all times.
- Failing to Check the Weather: The weather can change quickly, and elements such as rain, snow, and wind can make a peaceful kayaking trip very dangerous. Harsh weather conditions can cause your kayak to capsize, and you can get seriously injured or even drown. To prevent this, always check the local weather conditions to avoid a terrible accident.
Unfortunately, even avoiding these common kayaking mistakes does not always prevent kayaking accidents. If you were severely injured in a kayaking accident, the top rated injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can represent you. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a New York Super Lawyer. Our experienced team of injury attorneys has obtained 1,000,000 dollars, or more, at least 38 times on behalf of their clients. As evidenced by our five-star client reviews, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. offers phenomenal legal assistance. Call us now at (716) 839-3939 or visit us online for outstanding legal support.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN A KAYAKING ACCIDENT IN WESTERN NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEAM OF KAYAKING ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (716) 839-3939 TO RECEIVE THE LEGAL REPRESENTATION YOU NEED!
There are several obstructions on the water that could cause a kayaking accident. The following is a list of obstacles you should be aware of and attempt to avoid:
- Rocks: Be careful of submerged rocks in the water. It is easy for the rocks to trap your kayak, and strong rapids can even cause you to crash into them.
- Dams: Dams are horizontal barriers that stretch across the river. The bottom of the dam has an undercurrent that can easily trap kayakers and cause capsizing.
- Strainers: Strainers are river hazards that allow water to pass through, which create a lot of pressure. These structures are usually underwater logs and branches, and they can snag kayakers and pull them below the surface.
- Sweepers: Sweepers are trees that are not submerged underwater, but they hang over the river bank. Sweepers can be dangerous because their branches can collide with kayakers.
- Boats and Other Watercrafts: Be on the lookout for motorboats, jet skis, and other watercrafts. If there is a collision, the kayak and its occupant will likely take on the brunt of the impact. To avoid a crash, wear bright colors and consider adding lights to your kayak in the dark to ensure that you are visible to oncoming traffic.
If you are involved in a kayaking accident, the Buffalo injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you prove liability. Our attorneys will aggressively fight to ensure you are compensated for any medical bills, loss of income, and pain and suffering incurred from the accident. Jed Dietrich Esq. and his professional team of injury lawyers handle each case with the highest level of care, and they treat their clients with the utmost respect and courtesy. The serious injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will collect the necessary evidence and thoroughly investigate your case to ensure that you have the best chance of winning your kayaking injury lawsuit. If you want personal injury attorneys that will vigorously strive to get you the maximum settlement for your injuries, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today for top rated representation and legal support!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your kayaking accident in Buffalo, New York, personal injury claim. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!