Tonawanda Boat Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq. Is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight to Obtain the Best Result Possible for People Who Were Injured in Boat Accidents in Tonawanda, New York.
Tonawanda, New York, is a beautiful city located in Erie County. The waterfront city is adjacent to the Niagara River, which attracts many boaters each year. In addition, Tonawanda is home to a canal known as Ellicott Creek that offers several water bike activities. Due to the variety of waterways in Tonawanda, boating is a popular activity for residents and tourists alike. However, with such a high volume of boaters on the water, boat accidents are bound to occur. A teenage girl was the victim of a fatal boat accident when she hit her head on the abutment of a bridge over Ellicott Creek. The boat operator was speeding, and he was later held responsible for the girl’s death. Sadly, boat accidents can lead to deadly injuries.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a boat accident in Tonawanda, New York, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can provide you with excellent legal representation. Over fifteen years ago, Jed Dietrich, Esq. founded the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. to provide exceptional legal support to injured victims. Since then, he and his highly experienced team of attorneys have been committed to obtaining the best possible outcome for their clients’ injury claims.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and a Best Attorney of America. Top law organizations have awarded Jed Dietrich, Esq. with dozens of memberships and honors for his exceptional work. If you want a law firm that will diligently work to achieve favorable results for your personal injury claim, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is right for you! Call 716-839-3939 for a free consultation today. We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, and would be delighted to assist you!
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN A BOAT ACCIDENT IN TONAWANDA, NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS EXTREMELY QUALIFIED TEAM OF TONAWANDA BOAT ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 FOR PHENOMENAL LEGAL SERVICES!
Speeding on the water is very risky and can lead to tragic accidents. According to the United States Coast Guard, excessive speed was among the top five contributing factors to boat accidents. The following is a list of some of the dangers associated with speeding on the water:
- Falling Overboard: Speeding on choppy water can cause the vessel to jolt, and passengers can fall into the water. Excessive speeds can also cause the boat operator to lose control, and passengers can lose their balance and fall overboard.
- Reduced Reaction Time: When boaters operate at high speeds, it is hard to identify hazards in the water. If there are swimmers or objects in the boat’s path, the driver might not be able to change directions in time. Boating at a reasonable speed allows you to spot objects in the water sooner and adjust your vessel accordingly.
- Turbulent Waves: Boats generate a stream of waves known as a wake, and driving fast can intensify the impact of these waves. The wake of your speeding boat can cause other boats to flip and engulf nearby swimmers.
- Increased Impact of a Collision: Speeding on the water can intensify the impact of a collision, causing severe damage to the boat and harm to the passengers. Even if the boat happens to hit a hazard, such as a breakwall or rock, driving slowly will lessen the impact of the crash.
Overall, reckless speeding is very dangerous and not worth the risks. Speeding and other forms of irresponsible boat operation can lead to major destruction and devastating injuries. If you were injured in a boat crash in Tonawanda, New York, the attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you get the compensation you deserve. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of seasoned lawyers have secured $175 million in settlements and verdicts on behalf of their clients. In addition, they have obtained 1,000,000 dollars, or more, in compensation at least 33 times for their clients. It is evident that the attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have ample experience in achieving favorable results for their clients. If you want to be represented by qualified litigators that will relentlessly vouch for your personal injury claim, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939!What to do if a Passenger Falls off Your Boat in Tonawanda, New York
Falling overboard is a serious emergency and can be deadly. According to the Recreational Boating Report by the U.S. Coast Guard, falls accounted for over 100 deaths and 100 injuries in a single year. Passengers can often fall off boats, and it is important to know how to respond to this emergency. The following is a list of steps that can help you save a passenger thrown overboard:
- Stop the Boat: Once you notice a passenger has fallen into the water, immediately turn off the boat’s engine. This is very important because if a passenger falls near the bow of the boat, the propellers might seriously injure them.
- Throw a Flotation Device: Ideally, the passenger should already be wearing a life jacket, but if not, immediately throw a flotation device to help them stay afloat. If available, use a flotation device with a cord attached so you can pull the passenger back towards the vessel.
- Turn the Boat Around: At a slow speed, carefully navigate the boat downwind from the passenger. Turning in the direction of the wind, will ensure the wind will not push the boat too close to the passenger. This method will give you more control over the boat and allow you to retrieve the passenger at a safe distance.
- Retrieve the Fallen Passenger: Start to pull the passenger in by using the cord connected to the flotation device. Another option is to use the boat’s boarding ladder to pull them safely towards the boat. Once the passenger is next to the boat, grab under their arms to lift them onto the deck.
- Aid the Passenger: Immediately dry and warm up the passenger, and see if they need any medical assistance. In cold waters, it is easy for fallen passengers to lose muscle control and develop hypothermia. If the passenger seems to be in poor health, contact emergency services as soon as possible.
By following these steps, you can safely recover passengers that fall overboard. However, falling off of a boat is still a terrible incident that can cause catastrophic injuries. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of lawyers understand how traumatizing a boat accident can be. Our lawyers will vigorously fight for your injury claim and strive to ensure you are compensated for lost earnings, medical expenses, property damage, and more.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. prioritizes the satisfaction and wellbeing of their clients. Our attorneys treat each client with the utmost respect, compassion, and courtesy. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his exemplary lawyers handle each case meticulously and thoughtfully. As a client of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., you will receive personalized care and effective legal support from distinguished attorneys. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today for your personal injury claim in Tonawanda, New York.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your boat accident in Tonawanda, New York personal injury claim. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!