Jed Dietrich, Esq. Is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight to Obtain the Best Result Possible for People Who Were Injured in Sailboat Accidents in Western New York.
Western New York is known for its vast bodies of water, specifically the Niagara River and Lake Erie. These waters attract thousands of tourists each year, especially during the summer months. Most notably, sailing is a popular activity among tourists and locals. While sailing can be an enjoyable experience, it can also be dangerous if sailors and passengers are not cautious. For instance, four passengers on a sailboat were rescued when their sailboat struck a breakwall at the Erie Basin Marina. Sailboat accidents are very common, and they can lead to severe injuries that require expensive long-term medical care.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a sailboat accident, the personal injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can provide you with the highest level of legal representation possible. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of hardworking personal injury attorneys will fight to prove liability so you can get the compensation you deserve. The Buffalo injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have obtained over $175 million in settlements and verdicts on behalf of their clients. They will diligently pursue your personal injury sailboat accident claim by holding those responsible for your injuries accountable. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (716) 839-3939 for a free consultation today! We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and would be delighted to represent you!Factors That Cause Sailboats To Capsize Or Collide
Sailboats can be highly susceptible to capsizing and colliding with other watercrafts and objects. High winds and large waves can make sailboats harder to control, and it is very important that sailboats maintain their balance to prevent tipping over. The following is a list of common factors that can cause sailboats to overturn:
- Uneven Weight Distribution: Sailboats rely heavily on balance, and an uneven distribution of weight can cause the boat to keel over. It is important to make sure all weight is evenly dispersed on the sailboat to avoid creating instability.
- Overloading: Be mindful of the weight capacity of your sailboat because overloading can result in capsizing. Cargo, passengers, and the passengers’ belongings can add weight that is possibly more than your sailboat can withstand.
- Flooding: Flooding is very dangerous because it can reduce the buoyancy of the sailboat, causing it to submerge. In fact, five passengers were rescued in Lake Erie when their sailboat took on too much water. The best way to prevent flooding is to avoid sailing when there are high waves.
- Severe Weather: Heavy rain and rough winds can cause a sailboat to tip over. The best way to avoid capsizing is to check the weather ahead of time and refrain from sailing during harsh weather conditions.
- Poor Operation: Inexperienced sailors can drift abruptly or change direction too quickly, causing them to lose control of the vessel. It is important that your sailboat is operated by a skilled sailor who can maintain the boat’s stability and balance on the water.
These factors can lead to a dangerous situation leaving you and your loved ones at risk. The Buffalo personal injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. understand how common sailing accidents are and how traumatic they can be. They will aggressively fight to ensure you are compensated for property damage, medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, and more. Our highly experienced team of personal injury lawyers have obtained 1,000,000 dollars, or more, at least 38 times on behalf of their clients. As evidenced by our five-star client reviews, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is a firm that you can trust to provide you with exceptional legal representation. Call us now at (716) 839-3939 to receive the compensation you deserve!
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN A SAILBOAT ACCIDENT IN WESTERN NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS HIGHLY SKILLED TEAM OF BUFFALO SAILBOAT ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (716) 839-3939 TO GET THE COMPENSATION YOU DESERVE!
When sailing, it is important to have the proper safety equipment on board. The following is a list of essential safety gear that may be useful on your next sailing adventure:
- Life Jackets: A life jacket, or personal flotation device, is probably the most important piece of safety equipment because it will keep you afloat if you happen to go overboard. Each passenger on board should have a life jacket at all times. Here is a guide to help you choose the right type of life jacket with the proper fit.
- Sailing Harnesses and Tethers: Harnesses and tethers attach to the jackline of the sailboat and help to secure passengers on deck. Many harnesses come with built-in life jackets as well. Sailing involves a lot of standing and movement, and a harness and tether will keep you attached to your boat, which is especially important during heavy winds.
- First Aid Kit: Keep a first aid kit on deck, so you are prepared if someone gets injured, and help is not readily available. Medical essentials can include cold packs, adhesive bandages, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, and more.
- Polarized Sunglasses: A pair of polarized sunglasses can block UV rays from the sun, protecting your eyes from the sun’s glare. This is extremely useful when navigating the vessel and adjusting sails so you can see where you are going.
If you are involved in a sailing accident that resulted in serious injuries, the personal injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can provide you with the legal representation you deserve. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and his elite team of Buffalo injury litigators have years of experience in the personal injury field. The top rated injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will help you build a solid case so that you will have the best possible chance of obtaining the maximum compensation for your personal injury claim. Our attorneys always handle each case in a personalized and meticulous manner. If you want to be represented by highly effective personal injury attorneys who value their clients’ satisfaction, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today for your sailboat accident injury claim.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!