New York Bicycle Accidents And Product Liability
With Over Twenty Years of Experience, Jed Dietrich, Esq. Is Determined to Represent Individuals Throughout New York State and Beyond Who Have Been Injured as a Result of a Defective Bicycle Product.
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., we have represented countless bicycle accident cases. Each case has its own inciting incident, from a motor vehicle collision to poorly maintained bicycle paths and even bad weather. No less dangerous to individual wellbeing are the bicycle accidents caused by defective or improperly designed bicycle products.
Regarded to be a Best Lawyer of America, Jed Deitrich Esq. has obtained over $175,000,000 in damages for his clients in Buffalo, New York, and the greater New York area. The top rated bicycle product liability attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are available twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week and eager to receive your call. We can be reached at 716-839-3939.New York State Law Governing Defective Bicycle Products
A defective product is any item that, in some way, fails to perform its intended use. This failure can result from a defect in the design of the product, an error in the manufacturing process, or even inaccurate or inadequate instructions on how to operate the product. Whatever the cause, using a defective product can lead to personal injury. When bringing forward a defective bicycle product liability case, it is important to know which product defects are covered by the law. In New York State, this includes:
- Defects In Design: In this instance, the injury resulted from a poorly designed bicycle component or piece of equipment. In most states, the injured party must prove that it was a design flaw that caused their accident;
- Defects In Manufacturing: A defect in the manufacturing of the product itself caused the product to malfunction; and
- Failure To Warn: Injury resulted when a company failed to provide clear or adequate instructions as to the proper use of the product.
A defective product is not limited to issues with the bicycle itself. This can include the equipment that accompanies bicycles and is intended for the safety of bicyclists. Helmets, bells, brakes, tires, reflective devices, and lamps are all products that, in the event of failure, could lead to accidents or increase the severity of the injuries sustained.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of Buffalo, New York, bicycle product liability attorneys have successfully represented many clients over the years. It is our priority to ensure that you are one hundred percent satisfied with your experience. Call us now at 716-839-3939 to receive your free consultation. Remember, you will not be charged until we secure a win for you!Determining Responsibility
Determining who is responsible in the event of a defective bicycle product-related injury can be daunting. When a product fails to operate as it is designed to, the liability rests with the parties responsible for the production and distribution of the product. This can include the retailers, wholesalers, and even the manufacturers themselves. Which of these parties is responsible will depend upon the nature of the product defect.
The New York State Department of Transportation website contains the most up to date information on bicycle safety, including crash data, bicycle planning, and a complete record of the laws governing public bicycle use in New York State. This is a valuable resource for anyone interested in learning more about bicycle safety.
In the event of a bicycle-related accident, it is always prudent to seek expert help from a top rated personal injury attorney. They will be able to provide you with the best guidance for action steps to take. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is your best choice when it comes to seeking representation for a bicycle product liability case. Call today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation.Action Steps
In the event of an injury resulting from a defective bicycle product, there are a number of action steps that can be taken. These steps can be found below, listed in order of importance:
- Seek Medical Attention: The first and most crucial step in the event of a bicycle product liability related injury is to ensure that all injured parties receive the appropriate medical treatment.
- Preserve Evidence: In the event of an injury, do not throw away the defective bicycle product. Not only is it a critical piece of evidence for your personal injury case, but it can also be used to ensure that others do not fall prey to the same product defect in the future.
- Contact A Legal Representative: Once all parties involved are safe and have received necessary medical treatment, your next step should be to reach out to a legal representative. An experienced representative will be able to guide you through the necessary steps to take to advance your personal injury claim and answer any questions you might have.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES FROM A DEFECTIVE BICYCLE PRODUCT IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF QUALIFIED BUFFALO, NEW YORK DEFECTIVE BICYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!