3 FAQs After a Bicycle Accident
- Do I Need a Lawyer Because of a Bicycle Accident Injury?
- How Much is My Bicycle Accident Injury Case Worth?
- What Should I do After a Bicycle Accident?
YES! There are strict deadlines for filing personal injury claims in New York, so it is important that you contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., a Best Law Firm of America, today at 716-839-3939 to preserve your rights. Failure to file a timely claim may result in denial of your claim for personal injuries.
The following time deadlines are generally applicable to bringing bicycle accident injury claims in New York:
- Negligence causing personal injury – 3 years from the date of the incident; and
- Wrongful death action – 2 years from the date of death.
In the event that you were involved in a bicycle accident with a municipally owned and operated vehicle, you may have as few as 90 days to file a Notice of Claim. In addition, claims against a municipality must be brought within 1 year and 90 days from the date of accident.
Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.'s team of highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking Buffalo, New York bicycle accident lawyers today for your free consultation. Our top rated team will investigate your claim and ensure that your right to monetary compensation is protected. Do not delay!
Every case is different. However, when determining the value of a bicycle accident injury case when engaging in settlement negotiations or rendering a jury verdict, lawyers, insurance companies and juries often consider the following:
- The medical diagnosis and the severity of the bicyclist’s injuries;
- Whether the bicyclist’s injuries are permanent;
- The frequency and level of medical treatment that the bicyclist already required and will require in the future because of his or her injuries;
- The bicyclist's pain and suffering;
- Whether the bicyclist lost time from work and lost wages because of the injuries sustained in the bicycle accident;
- Whether the bicyclist has suffered a loss of enjoyment of life because of the physical or mental anguish suffered following the accident; and
- Whether the bicyclist’s own act or negligence contributed to his or her injuries.
- Move to a safe place;
- Determine if you are injured and seek emergency medical assistance if needed;
- Call the police and create a Police Report;
- Take cell phone videos and photographs of the location of the accident, the vehicles involved and any injuries that resulted;
- Identify and collect contact information of all witnesses; and
- Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. right away for top rated bicycle accident representation in Buffalo, New York. Our team of bicycle accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York can be reached 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. Every day, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strives to provide the highest level of personal injury service to people injured in bicycle accidents in Western New York. Call us today so that we can help YOU!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!