3 FAQs After a Bicycle Accident
- Do I Need a Lawyer Because of a Bicycle Accident Injury?
- How Much is My Bicycle Accident Injury Case Worth?
- What Should I do After a Bicycle Accident?
Do I Need a Lawyer Because of a Bicycle Accident Injury?
YES! There are strict deadlines for filing personal injury claims in New York, so it is important that you contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at (716) 839-3939 to preserve your rights.
The following deadlines are generally applicable to bringing bicycle accident injury claims in New York:
- Negligence causing personal injury – 3 years from the date of the incident; and
- Wrongful death action – 2 years from the date of death.
In the event that you were involved in a bicycle accident with a municipally owned and operated vehicle, you may have as few as 90 days to file a Notice of Claim. In addition, claims against a municipality must be brought within 1 year and 90 days from the date of accident.
Every case is different. However, to assess the value of a bicycle accident injury case, lawyers, insurance companies and juries often consider the following:
- The diagnosis and the extent of the bicyclist’s injuries;
- Whether the bicyclist’s injuries are permanent;
- The medical treatment, pain and suffering and lost time from work that resulted from the bicycle accident;
- Whether the bicyclist has suffered a loss of enjoyment of life as a result of the physical or mental anguish suffered; and
- Whether the bicyclist’s own act or negligence was a contributing factor to his or her injuries.
- Move to a safe place;
- Determine if you are injured and seek emergency medical assistance if needed;
- Call the police and create a report;
- Take cell phone videos and photographs of the location of the accident, the vehicles involved and any injuries that resulted;
- Identify and collect contact information of all witnesses; and
- Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately for top rated bicycle accident representation in Buffalo, New York.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!