Contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, if You, or a Loved One, Were Injured as a Result of Being Dropped in a Nursing Home in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York or Elsewhere in New York State.
Many elderly individuals are placed in nursing homes because they are unable to care for themselves. Patients in nursing homes may need assistance with everyday tasks such as getting dressed, bathing or walking. Some patients are completely immobile and need staff to move them from one place to another. Consequently, one of the most common causes of severe nursing home injuries is when patients are dropped. Drops can happen while patients are being transferred to and from their beds, wheelchairs, chairs or bathrooms. Nursing homes have a legal obligation to protect patients from harm. While most nursing homes have procedures detailing how to transfer patients, these protocols are sometimes overlooked. Most dropped patient incidences are caused by nursing staff’s negligence. Almost all patient drops are easily preventable with sufficient staff training and following proper patient moving protocols. Those that have suffered drop-related injuries may be eligible to pursue personal injury claims against any responsible parties for compensation relating to medical bills and other treatment expenses, disfigurement, permanent disability, pain and suffering and more.
If you, or a loved one, suffered serious injuries after being dropped by nursing home staff, it is vital to carefully take into account your legal options. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of dropped nursing home patient injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York are here to assist you in seeking monetary compensation. Practicing law the Dietrich way, we are determined, disciplined and dedicated to obtaining the best possible result for the injuries that you suffered because of someone else’s negligence. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our highly experienced team knows how to aggressively and tenaciously pursue dropped patient injury claims. You should not be forced to carry the burden of paying expensive medical bills, suffering mobility issues, decreased future independence or other unexpected adverse impacts. Being dropped by caregivers is a traumatic experience for most. However, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team can help make this time easier for you. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form. Call us today so that we can help you!
Unfortunately, most nursing home patients are dropped during routine moves from one place to another. Subject to the patient’s body weight, mobility and overall health condition, two or more staff members may be needed to move them. Many patient drops occur because nursing homes are greatly understaffed and other staff members may not be available to assist with the move. In some cases, staff members may be poorly trained in transferring techniques. In other situations, bad judgment is used, important safety rules are broken or a patient’s plan of care protocol is overlooked. Additionally, the lack of equipment may cause staff to carry patients in situations where Hoyer lifts should be used.
Patient drops commonly result during the following:
- Transferring patients from wheelchairs to their beds, or vice versa;
- Patient transfers to and from wheelchairs to bathrooms;
- Moving patients from their wheelchairs to baths or showers, or the other way around; and
- Patients being moved to or from transport vehicles.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER SEVERE INJURIES AS A NURSING HOME PATIENT AFTER BEING DROPPED BY NURSING HOME STAFF IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS AGGRESSIVE, TENACIOUS AND HARDWORKING TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK DROPPED PATIENT ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 TODAY SO WE CAN HELP!
The resulting injuries from dropping patients that are already frail can be devastating. In many cases, patients are significantly elevated and awkwardly positioned when the drop occurs. Moreover, patients may be unable to break their falls due to their weakened states. Patients who are dropped can face numerous physical, emotional and psychological injuries, and depending on the circumstances, even low-level drops can cause serious injuries.
Injuries that commonly arise from being dropped include:
- Cuts, scrapes and bruising;
- Dislocations and torn ligaments;
- Hip, tailbone or femur fractures;
- Broken hands, wrists, arms, knees or elbows, caused by attempting to break the fall;
- Facial injuries, such as orbital fractures or damaged teeth;
- Internal organ damage;
- Various neck and back injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Head injuries and concussions, which are often caused by falling back and suffering a significant blow to the head; and
Any of the above injuries may require emergency medical treatment, multiple surgeries and lengthy physical rehabilitation. Although patients may survive the drop, it could result in a dramatic decline in their overall health and even lead to a risk of falls in the future. The older and weaker a drop victim is, the greater the risk he or she will suffer permanent disabilities and life-threatening complications.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases to help those who were injured because of someone else’s wrongdoing. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of dropped nursing home patient injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York at least $1,000,000.00, or more, 33 separate times to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, TODAY at 716-839-3939 for a free consultation if you, or a loved one, were seriously injured after being dropped in a nursing home. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we win for you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!
- Albany Ambulance Drop Accident
- Ambulance Drop Accident FAQs
- Ambulance Jostling Injury
- Anticipated Value Of Patient Transport Injury Claims
- Chautauqua County Medical Transport Injury
- Defective Ambulance Equipment Injury
- Dialysis Patient Transport Accidents
- Dropped Ambulance Patients
- Dropped Patient Wrongful Death Accidents
- Faulty Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Equipment Injury
- Firefighter Patient Drop Accidents
- Is It Worth Litigating My Patient Transport Injury?
- Medical Transport Service Patient Neglect
- Negligent Patient Transportation Accidents
- Non-Emergency Medical Transport Jostling Mishaps
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Patient Injury
- Paramedic Malpractice Injury
- Retaining the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. to Litigate Your Ambulance Accident Injury Lawsuit
- EMT Patient Drop Accidents
- Wheelchair Transport Injuries
- Wheelchair Van Accidents
- Who Is Liable For My Ambulance Accident Injury?
- WNY Patient Transport Injury