Bus Accident FAQs
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and Distinguished Justice Advocate, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain Exceptional Results for Victims Seriously Injured in Bus Accidents in Buffalo, New York.
Devastating accidents can happen when bus drivers and bus companies fail to use reasonable care to protect passengers and others on the road. Bus collisions are among the most brutal and injurious accidents that occur. The average car accident does not even begin to compare to the sheer destruction that a collision with a bus can cause. Bus accident victims can suffer serious injuries and even fatalities. Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, recognizes the devastating impact of bus crashes can have on victims and, ultimately, their loved ones. If you, or a loved one, have been involved in a bus accident, you probably have lots of questions and concerns. Below, we have provided insightful answers to some of the most frequently asked bus accident questions.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has battled to obtain over $175 Million in verdicts and settlements for people who are injured in Buffalo, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran team of lawyers have represented numerous victims whose lives were turned inside out due to tragic bus crashes. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of highly experienced and elite bus accident injury lawyers will strive to obtain the best result possible for all of your damages. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome is what sets us apart from the competition. Call us today at 716-839-3939 to find out more about how we can help you!Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Bus Accidents
Some of the most frequently asked questions regarding bus accidents include:
1. How can the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. help with my New York bus accident case? Bus accidents can be complicated, often involving several parties, and victims often suffer life-shattering injuries. Our experienced lawyers possess the skills and knowledge to systematically investigate your crash and hold the responsible parties liable. We will diligently fight to make certain that you obtain the compensation that you need and deserve.
2. What are the most common causes of New York bus collisions? Common causes of bus accidents include inattentive driving, driver negligence, failing to observe proper bus safety procedures and guidelines, hazardous road conditions, inclement weather, insufficient bus maintenance or repairs, speeding, location density, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
3. Why are bus accidents more likely to result in serious injuries than accidents involving smaller vehicles? Bus collisions are considerably more injurious than accidents involving smaller vehicles due to the tremendous weight and size differences. Fully loaded buses can weigh over 60,000 pounds, while the average car weighs only around 3,000 pounds.
4. Who is most likely to be hurt in a New York bus accident? Depending on the circumstances of the accident bus passengers, drivers, pedestrians, occupants of other vehicles, and innocent bystanders in the vicinity are most likely to suffer injuries.
5. What to do if I was involved in a New York bus accident? If you were seriously injured, the first thing that you should do is seek medical treatment. Then, try to gather as much evidence as possible to support your claim, such as the bus driver’s information and license plate number. Taking pictures or videos of your injuries, the scene of the crash and damage to the bus and other vehicles involved can be used to strengthen your case. Talk with passengers or any other potential witnesses and obtain their contact information. After the initial shock of the accident is over, you should consider contacting Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of highly experienced and top rated bus accident injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York.
6. Who is responsible for your New York bus accident? Every bus accident is different. Depending on the unique circumstances of your case, the bus manufacturer, bus company, bus operator, drivers of any other vehicles involved, bus maintenance and repair shops, local or state governments, and any other person or entity which may have contributed to the crash could potentially be held accountable for your damages.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED IN A BUS ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER AREA IN NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK BUS ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
7. How do I prove negligence in my New York bus crash injury case? Bus companies, as common carriers, have a legal duty to use the utmost care to keep their passengers from being harmed. Negligence can result from the bus company, bus drivers, mechanics, or inspectors breaching their duty of care. Breaches typically involve speeding, improper lane changing, failure to stop, substandard bus operating practices, lack of inspection, faulty bus tires, operator fatigue, and overloading the bus. You are required to prove that the breach of care proximately caused your injuries and that you sustained actual damages. It is up to you to demonstrate that the bus company was negligent in maintaining or operating the bus.
8. After my bus accident, the bus’s insurance company presented a settlement offer. Should I accept it? You should never agree to take an insurance company’s settlement offer without first consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney. Insurance companies often attempt to make hurried undervalued offers to make strong cases disappear. Once you agree to an insurance company’s settlement offer, you are unable to receive more if your injuries turn out to be worse than you originally assumed. The need for future medical treatment and surgeries, your incapacity to work, and any further difficulties that may arise could significantly increase your actual damages.
9. How much is my New York Bus crash case worth? The truth is every case is unique, and there is no definite calculation to ascertain the exact value of your accident. The most important aspects in determining the value of your case are the severity of your injuries, how long recovery is likely to take, whether or not you can work, and any other economic losses suffered. Full compensation for all economic and non-economic damages through a personal injury lawsuit may include compensation for property damage, both past and future medical expenses for all injuries, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment, permanent disabilities suffered, lost wages from missed work, reduced future earning capacity, and wrongful death.
10. What have past bus accident victims recovered? Jed Dietrich, Esq., distinguished as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, aggressively battled to obtain a settlement of $2,400,000 in compensation for the family of a 49-year-old pedestrian who sustained fatal injuries after being hit by a school bus.
11. How long do I have to bring my New York bus accident claim? In New York State, there is a statute of limitations for most personal injury lawsuits. Kindly note, the period is considerably less if you need to file a claim against a public transportation or government entity. Please do not hesitate to contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly knowledgeable team as soon as possible.
Heartbreaking stories of bus accidents inspire Jed Dietrich, Esq. to strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims in Buffalo, New York, every single day. If you have been injured in a bus crash, either as a passenger, occupant of another vehicle, or pedestrian, contact us for a complimentary case consultation. Jed Dietrich, Esq., member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, will fight to obtain the highest compensation possible for your injuries.
The best of the best at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. understand how to properly and aggressively pursue bus accident injury claims. If you would like any specific answers regarding your claim, feel free to contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. You can reach us by calling 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. There is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!