School Bus Accidents In Buffalo, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Acclaimed as a New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Highly Praised as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Aggressively Litigate Cases to Secure the Best Result for Victims of School Bus Crashes in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
During the academic year, school buses are responsible for transporting an estimated 25 million children back and forth to school every day. As the most regulated vehicle, school buses are also one of the safest vehicles on the road. Children are safer taking a bus to school than going by car. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), students are approximately 70 times more likely to reach school unharmed when riding a school bus as opposed to being driven in a car. However, tragic school bus accidents are still to be expected. The National Safety Council (NSC) reported that in 2019, crashes involving school buses killed 109 victims throughout the United States. From 2010 to 2019, roughly 69% of fatalities in school bus-related collisions were occupants of other vehicles, 17% were pedestrians, and only 6% were students. Of the victims injured during the same period, nearly 34% were students, and over 50% were occupants of other vehicles.
School buses provide a convenient transportation option for parents who do not have the time and resources to drive their kids to school every day. Parents trust their children’s safety to bus drivers, school districts, maintenance personnel, and bus manufacturers. Similar to any other type of accident, most school bus collisions are easily avoidable. Unfortunately, many accidents are the result of bus driver negligence or poor decision-making. Nobody, especially young children, should be forced to suffer physical, emotional, psychological pain caused by another’s irresponsibility. Our remarkable attorneys have seen far too many heart-breaking accident cases concerning school buses. Even minor school bus collisions can have devastating consequences on the lives of children. Pursuing a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party may be the only way to begin to recover. Whether you are a member of the public hurt by a school bus or the parent of an injured student, you may be entitled to pursue compensation for the damages.
The legal team at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is here to fight for you every step of the way. Our seasoned attorneys can provide critical advice and guidance while vigorously advocating to obtain the highest possible compensation. Please do not hesitate to contact our elite law firm to schedule your free case evaluation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran attorneys are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling 716-839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form. It would be our honor to discuss your child’s potential claim in further detail.Common Injuries Suffered In School Bus Crashes
Due to the massive size and weight of school buses, the injuries resulting from accidents can be overwhelming to student passengers, pedestrians, and occupants of other vehicles. It is vital to seek emergency medical treatment for all injuries suffered. Receiving medical care and adequately documenting your injuries can help you recover quickly as well as strengthen your case. Typical school bus accident injuries include:
- Lacerations and contusions;
- Torn tendons and ligaments;
- Dislocated joints;
- Severe whiplash;
- Neck or back or injuries;
- Fractured and broken bones;
- Internal bleeding and organ damage;
- Total paralysis;
- Severe disfigurement;
- Permanent disability;
- Traumatic brain injuries; and
WERE YOU, OR YOUR CHILD, SEVERELY INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT INVOLVING A SCHOOL BUS IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK SCHOOL BUS ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
School bus accidents can happen for many different reasons. Depending on the unique circumstances and underlying cause that led to the crash itself, there may be multiple responsible parties. The following parties may be held liable for your damages:
- The Bus Driver: All bus drivers are legally obligated to observe traffic laws and safely transport their students without causing unnecessary accidents. Regrettably, driver error is one of the leading causes of school bus accidents. When drivers fail to yield the right of way to other vehicles, drive distracted, or get behind the wheel while sleep-deprived, buses can hit students, pedestrians, and other vehicles.
- Other Motorists: Far too many collisions between school buses and other vehicles are due to negligent motorists. All vehicles are required to stop for school buses when their lights are flashing. When other drivers violate traffic regulations or drive carelessly around school buses, catastrophic accidents can easily happen.
- The School District: The responsible school district, organization, or private school can be held accountable for all problems linked to the overall safety of its buses, drivers, and operational procedures. The respective establishment has a legal duty to design bus routes to avoid overloading, prevent operator fatigue, as well as carefully screen and properly train drivers.
- Bus and Part Manufacturers: Manufacturers of school buses and parts who make defective products can be held responsible through a product liability lawsuit.
- The Mechanics: School bus maintenance and repair shops are often contracted by school districts or bus companies to conduct routine inspections, scheduled maintenance, and required repairs. If a mechanic fails to properly service or repair a bus and it results in an accident, he or she can be held accountable.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s involvement immediately following a school bus accident can make a tremendous difference in your case. Hiring our elite personal injury lawyers can give you time to focus on what matters the most. You owe it to yourself and your family to retain a highly experienced lawyer to systematically examine all the details surrounding your accident and hold all negligent parties accountable. Our battle-tested attorneys can locate eyewitnesses, consult with expert witnesses, and gather evidence to build a strong case. Whether your lawsuit is resolved during settlement negotiations or tried before a jury, our veteran litigators are prepared to do everything possible to obtain the compensation that you deserve. Please call Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of Buffalo, New York school bus accident injury attorneys today at 716-839-3939 so that we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!