3 FAQs Clergy Sex Abuse
- How Much is My Clergy Sex Abuse Case Worth?
- What Should I do if I, or a Loved one, Have Been Sexually Abused by a Clergy Member?
- My Religion Teaches Forgiveness. Should I Just Forgive My Abuser?
How Much is My Clergy Sex Abuse Case Worth?
Every case is different, so it is important to contact an experienced Buffalo, New York trial attorney, Jed Dietrich, Esq., for an evaluation of your unique circumstances. However, when assessing the value of a clergy sex abuse claim, lawyers, insurance companies and juries often consider the following factors:
- Forensic, direct and circumstantial evidence of the clergy sex abuse;
- Whether the alleged sexual encounter was consensual or not;
- The ages of the victim and the clergy member;
- The diagnosis and the extent of the victim’s injuries;
- Whether the victim’s injuries are permanent;
- The medical treatment, pain and suffering and lost time from work that resulted from the clergy sex abuse; and
- Whether the victim suffered a loss of enjoyment of life caused by the physical or mental anguish that they suffered.
- If appropriate, tell the clergy member that their statements or conduct is unwanted;
- Report the incident to the police—preferably in writing;
- Seek medical treatment;
- Take cellphone videos and pictures of everything that would show abuse; and
- Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately for top clergy sex abuse representation in Buffalo, New York. Our team treats others the way we would like to be treated ourselves. That is, with the care, respect and compassion that you deserve.
A victim of clergy sexual abuse may or may not decide to forgive their abuser to provide themselves with a sense of moral closure. However, the decision to forgive an abuser does not prevent a victim from taking legal action.
Clergy members and their religious organizations should be held responsible for their actions, inactions and the consequences that victims have suffered as a result. Additionally, taking action now will hopefully help to prevent these individuals from being able to harm others in the future.
Jed Dietrich, Esq.'s team of clergy sex abuse lawyers in Buffalo, New York will work with you to obtain the best result for your clergy sex abuse claim. Call us today to schedule your free consultation at 716-839-3939.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and there is never a fee until we WIN for you