Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Treatment
Although you cannot see it, taste it or even smell it, carbon monoxide can kill you. Unfortunately, cases of CO poisoning often go undiagnosed. Therefore, it is extremely important to inform your doctor about any possible exposures to carbon monoxide. Since the symptoms and other signs are not specific, blood tests are the most effective method for diagnosing carbon monoxide poisoning.
While it does not take a lot of CO to get carbon monoxide poisoning, it takes a lot of oxygen to recover from it. CO poisoning is not a condition that can be treated at home. Depending on the level of carbon monoxide poisoning and the length of time the victim was exposed, treatment may include:
- Oxygen: A high-dose of oxygen, typically using a mask attached to a reserve of pure oxygen. Giving victims oxygen greatly reduces the half-life of carbon monoxide.
- Assessment of CO levels: Doctors and staff will regularly check the levels of carbon monoxide in the victim’s blood.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy: In cases of acute carbon monoxide poisoning or if a pregnant woman was been exposed to CO, a hyperbaric pressure chamber may be used to deliver even higher amounts of oxygen to victims. Victims are placed inside a chamber with increased air pressure, which rapidly forces more oxygen into their bloodstream.
- Support for brain and heart functioning: Damage suffered by the brain and/or heart due to the lack of oxygen may require treatment as well. Depending on the severity, victims may need treatment for swelling of the brain and medication or electrical therapy for their heart.
- Locating the source: If the source of the carbon monoxide is unknown, the fire department may assist in locating the source or the leak and ensuring that the building is safe for reentry.
If you, or a loved one, have been exposed to carbon monoxide in someone else’s home or building and developed health complications as a result, you should contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of Buffalo, New York carbon monoxide poison injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. to learn more about your legal rights. You may be entitled to compensation for the injuries and other health problems that you have suffered. We are dedicated and determined to get you the best possible result after your injuries in Buffalo, New York and throughout New York State. We can be reached 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939. Call us today!
Victims of carbon monoxide poisoning want to be able to identify who or what was responsible for their injuries. An experienced personal injury attorney can conduct a meticulous investigation of the circumstances surrounding your CO poisoning. In cases where negligent property owners failed to equip their premises with detectors, or maintain them, and injuries were suffered as a result, victims can bring a premises liability lawsuit.
Additionally, manufacturers of defective carbon monoxide detectors, unsafe appliances or other consumer products can be held responsible through a product liability claim. Carbon monoxide poisoning victims may be entitled to compensation for all damages, which can include both economic and non-economic damages for past, present and future expenses. Victims may be able to receive compensation for any of the following:
- Medical expenses: Victims often need to undergo hospitalization, rehabilitation and other extensive medical procedures. This includes both past and future medical bills as well those related to any permanent disabilities or impairments suffered.
- Lost wages: CO poisoning can cause victims to miss work due to their injuries. Compensation for both lost wages and work-related benefits can be included in an injury claim.
- Diminished earning capacity: Carbon monoxide exposure victims are often unable to handle the physical or mental stress involved in their previous jobs. As a result, they may need to change positions or change jobs entirely, resulting in reduced future earnings.
- Pain and suffering: This takes into account both the past and future long-term pain and emotional trauma that victims are forced to endure due to their carbon monoxide poisoning-related health problems.
HAVE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFERED SEVERE HEALTH PROBLEMS AFTER BEING EXPOSED TO CARBON MONOXIDE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO FIND OUT IF YOU MAY HAVE A CLAIM!
Our experienced attorneys will employ our team of experts to accurately determine the maximum compensation you may be entitled to recover. Our experts take into consideration all of your past, present and future needs, to ensure that you are provided with enough financial security to recover while maintaining peace of mind. Furthermore, if you lost a family member due to carbon monoxide poisoning, although nothing can erase the pain of their loss, you may have the right to file a wrongful death claim. Compensation can include funeral costs, lost wages and loss of consortium.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled personal injury cases. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has battled to obtain over $150 Million in verdicts and settlements for people who were injured in Buffalo, New York and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. recognizes the serious health problems carbon monoxide poisoning can cause and our team of top rated carbon monoxide exposure injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York are ready to battle for the compensation that you deserve for your injuries. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will treat you with respect and compassion, and we are here to help you through this difficult time. Call us today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation. We can be reached 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!