When many of us imagine our days spent at the playground, we remember hanging from the monkey bars, seeing how high we could swing and how fast we could go down the slide, as opposed to painful accidents resulting in injuries. While cuts, scrapes and bruises commonly occur on playgrounds, more severe injuries such as broken bones and traumatic brain injuries deserve the utmost attention. When our precious children play on playgrounds, the last thing we want to imagine is them suffering severe injuries. Unfortunately, tragic playground accidents occur every day. Each year, over 200,000 children throughout the United States are treated at emergency rooms for injuries that take place on damaged or defective playground equipment.
No child should have to suffer physically and emotionally because of another’s negligence. Far too many children are severely injured in what could have been avoidable playground accidents. Oftentimes, there is more to a playground accident than meets the eye. A careful investigation of your child’s accident may expose carelessness, negligence or even recklessness of others. Jed Dietrich, Esq. understands the grief and anxiety that parents may experience after their child is hurt in an accident on a playground. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate team of Buffalo, New York child playground injury lawyers are here to handle the legal aspects of a playground accident, allowing the parents or guardians of the child to make taking care of the child their number one priority.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of playground accident injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York are highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious, hardworking and dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for injured children. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, will fight to obtain the best result possible for your child who was seriously injured on a playground. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. Contact us today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
All children are prone to periodic accidents, especially at the playground. While most minor accidents may not compel legal claims, other more severe injuries that result from negligence could greatly benefit from the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney. Below are some common examples of causes of playground accidents that could lead to legal claims:
- Lack of maintenance: Playgrounds and related equipment must be regularly maintained and repaired in order be safe for children. Broken parts, rusty equipment and other hazardous conditions can cause unnecessary injuries. Additionally, the grounds around playgrounds should be kept free of all hazards, such as broken glass and syringes.
- Unsafe property: Various elements on the playground’s property like lack of fencing, exposed roots, uncovered manholes, or large bodies of water can cause injuries to children on playgrounds. In these types of cases, you may have a premises liability claim against the property owner.
- Improper supervision: Adults must watch over children on playgrounds at all times in order to prevent injuries from risky behavior, other children or unsafe use of equipment. When your child’s injuries result from someone else’s inadequate supervision, you may have a claim against the individual or company responsible for watching your child.
- Poorly constructed playground structures: When the playground equipment is assembled insufficiently or incorrectly, injuries can occur. Property owners may be held liable for equipment collapsing, inadequate falling space, trip hazards or even surfaces under equipment being too hard to prevent injuries.
- Dangerous and defective playground equipment: Oftentimes, injuries result from faulty or defective playground equipment. In these types of cases, you may have a product liability claim against the manufacturer or distributor of the defective equipment.
If your child was injured as a result of a playground accident in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York or throughout New York State, you will want the best Buffalo, New York personal injury lawyer to handle your child’s claim. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and he and his team of playground accident injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York are dedicated to safeguarding the legal rights of children that suffer serious injuries because of someone else’s negligence. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will treat you and your child with respect and compassion, and we are here to help you through this difficult time. Contact us today at 716-839-3939.
Playground accidents can result in a wide variety of injuries. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 45% of playground injuries include:
- Internal injuries;
- Broken bones; and
More than 20,000 children involved in playground accidents suffer from traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Between 2001 and 2008, the Consumer Product Safety Commission investigated 40 different fatalities that were connected to faulty playground equipment. Of these fatalities 68% were caused by strangulation and 15% resulted from falls. Most strangulation deaths involved a combination of swings or slides and jump ropes, clothing drawstrings or dog leashes. A shocking 75% of injuries related to playground equipment happened on public playgrounds.
WAS YOUR CHILD INJURED IN A PLAYGROUND ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ.’S TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK PLAYGROUND INJURY ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
As parents, most of us trust that the playgrounds in our neighborhoods, parks, daycares and schools are not dangerous and that the equipment is adequately maintained. A majority of playground accidents and injuries can easily be prevented or greatly lessened in severity through careful design, planning and proper maintenance of playground equipment, combined with sufficient supervision. Although this might not always be the case, there are several ways to take an active part in your child’s safety at playgrounds including:
- Educating your child on how to safely play on equipment;
- Inspecting the equipment to make sure it is safe before your child plays on it;
- Looking for broken glass and other sharp objects around the play area;
- Instilling proper play manners in your child, such as no shoving, pushing or being aggressive to other kids on the playground;
- Read playground signs and only allow your child to use playground equipment that is appropriate for his or her age;
- Watch out for hazards in the play area, such as tree stumps or rocks, that can trip your child;
- Check your child’s clothing and remove drawstrings and other cords that could get wrapped around equipment and result in strangulation;
- Ensure that there is always adequate adult supervision at the playground; and
- Avoid taking your child to the playground at peak hours, when the play areas are likely to be overcrowded.
If your child suffered a serious injury at the playground, you should strongly consider speaking to an experienced personal injury attorney like Jed Dietrich, Esq. Child victims of playground accidents resulting from someone else’s carelessness or negligence may be entitled to monetary compensation for their injuries. The parents or legal guardians of a minor can pursue a personal injury lawsuit on the child’s behalf to recover damages. This may include compensation for permanent disfigurement, pain and suffering, accident-related medical expenses, permanent disabilities, and missed time from school or work.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. team possesses the knowledge and skill necessary to thoroughly investigate your child’s accident and make certain that your child is in a position to obtain the highest possible recovery for their injuries. If your child has suffered serious injuries in a playground accident, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of Buffalo, New York children playground accident injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. for a free consultation. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. We are the aggressive, tenacious and hardworking Buffalo, New York personal injury lawyers who are ready to fight for the compensation that you deserve!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!