Contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, if You Were Injured in a Restaurant Accident in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York or Throughout New York State.
Western New York is well known for its excellent restaurants that serve some of the most delicious food in the country. Restaurants should be a place where patrons can unwind, eat delicious food and celebrate special occasions with friends and family. Unfortunately, when restaurant owners fail to provide a safe environment for their patrons, accidents can occur. Most of which, could have been prevented if safety precautions were followed.
Restaurant owners owe a duty of care to their guests, which is a duty to keep their patrons free from preventable harm while on their property. If you were a patron of a restaurant, and you were injured in an accident on restaurant property, you may be entitled to compensation. You should not be forced to carry the financial burden of paying overwhelming medical expenses while missing time from work because of someone else’s negligence.
If you, or a loved one, were injured in a restaurant accident, it can be a very stressful ordeal—but it does not have to be. When you have the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly experienced and top rated restaurant liability accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York fighting for you every step of the way, you can focus on what really matters, your recovery.
Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced, top rated and elite team of Buffalo, New York restaurant accident attorneys over $150,000,000.00 to compensate their clients for their serious personal injuries. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, TODAY at 716-839-3939 for a free consultation, if you were injured in a restaurant accident. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
You may be wondering what set of circumstances constitutes a restaurant accident and whether or not the circumstances that led to your injury would apply. Restaurant accidents come in all shapes and sizes and commonly include:
- Accidents that occur in restaurant parking lots;
- Being involved in a drunk driving accident;
- Burns and smoke inhalation injuries from kitchen fires;
- Burns from hot food or drinks;
- Falling because of poor lighting conditions;
- Falling off of a broken or defective chair;
- Falling on broken or defective stairs;
- Food poisoning;
- Slipping on food or drinks spilled on the floor;
- Slipping on greasy floors;
- Tripping because of unmarked changes in the floor’s elevation; and
- Tripping on an improperly secured carpet.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in an accident that took place in a restaurant, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team of lawyers and paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of highly experienced Buffalo, New York food establishment accident injury attorneys will fight to obtain the best result for you, if you were injured by someone else’s negligence.
In restaurants, personal injury accidents may be caused by a variety of different circumstances. The following are the most common situations that result in Western New York restaurant accidents:
- Fire Safety: All restaurants should have working fire alarms and adequate fire exits, to ensure that everyone can exit the building in a quick and organized manner. Failing to establish and follow sufficient fire safety precautions can lead to extremely dangerous situations.
- Overcrowding: Overcrowding can cause a fire hazard, making it difficult for those inside of the restaurant to escape. Municipalities maintain strict codes that dictate the number of people allowed in a certain space at one time. It is important that busy restaurants adhere to the maximum occupancy of their building. In cases where emergencies occur in overcrowded restaurants, it can be extremely difficult for the emergency personnel to reach the injured victim in time.
- Slip and Falls: These types of accidents are often caused by food and drink spills or tripping hazards such as unmarked steps and sloped floors. Restaurant owners must use their best efforts to ensure their premises are safe for all of their patrons. Staff should be trained in properly cleaning up spills, in a timely manner, in order to avoid the risk of slip and falls.
- Inadequate Security: Restaurants, especially those containing bars, have a legal responsibility to provide suitable security, to ensure the safety of their patrons. This security may include bouncers, video surveillance, adequate lighting and alarm systems. Bouncers should conduct themselves in a professional manner and avoid harming any customers.
- Dram Shop Liability: Some restaurants continue to serve individuals that are already intoxicated or, in some cases, they even serve minors. In certain situations where those intoxicated individuals cause drunk driving accidents, the restaurant owner can be held liable under New York State’s Dram Shop Laws.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. fights for people injured in restaurant accidents in Buffalo, New York. Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases throughout the United States since 1999, including many premises liability accident lawsuits. Allow Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of restaurant liability accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York to handle your claim and pursue the compensation that you deserve. Call us today at 716-839-3939.
Restaurant owners are legally obligated to maintain safe premises for their patrons. If you were injured in a restaurant accident, you must prove that the restaurant owner knew or should have known about the hazardous condition that caused your injury, and failed to properly remedy it. This requires demonstrating that a reasonable person would have taken safety precautions that, if taken by this owner, could have prevented the accident.
A restaurant owner’s liability for an accident may be proven by establishing the four key elements of a negligence lawsuit: Duty, Breach, Causation and Damages. The injured party must prove that the restaurant owner and/or their employees caused the hazardous condition, the owner and/or their employees had knowledge of the condition, and failed to remedy it, or that the owner and/or their employees could reasonably be expected to have known that the hazard existed, as it would have been discovered if they had exercised a reasonable duty of care.
When faced with a negligence claim, restaurant owners often try to argue that the injured party was negligent and caused their own injuries. You do not want to be taken advantage of, so it is important to have an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side. The Buffalo, New York restaurant accident injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you gather and preserve evidence to prove that the negligent party was, in fact, the restaurant owner. Some important forms of evidence include surveillance videos, police or incident reports, pictures of the hazardous condition, testimony from witnesses, hospital records and an examination of the restaurant’s procedures to address potential dangers.
In cases where the restaurant owner is found liable, the victim may be entitled to substantial compensation for all related damages, both economic and noneconomic. Economic damages often include medical costs, lost wages, medication costs, physical therapy and medical equipment. Noneconomic damages may include distress due to the accident such as pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life.
It is important that you contact us as soon as possible after your restaurant accident to avoid being barred from filing a lawsuit. In New York State, there are strict time limitations applicable to bringing claims for personal injuries, so you must act fast. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. team today at 716-839-3939.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, INJURED AS A RESULT OF A RESTAURANT ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK RESTAURANT ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!