Department Store Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his Team of Lawyers and Paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will fight to obtain the Best Result for a Buffalo, New York Department Store Personal Injury Accident.
Store owners and property owners are responsible for providing a safe shopping environment for their customers, employees and other visitors of the premises. If you, or a loved one, suffered an injury as a result of a hazard in a department store, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., a Best Law Firm of America, today. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team will work tirelessly to investigate your case, determine the parties who are liable to you, initiate a lawsuit and attempt to obtain the best possible result for you.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., located in Buffalo, New York, strives daily to provide the people of Western New York with the highest level of personal injury service. Contact us 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling 716-839-3939 or by going online. We are happy to provide you with a FREE consultation while treating your case with care, respect and diligent focus. Call us and let us fight for you!
In 2017, an estimated 213 million United States consumers shopped in department stores every month. In 2018, more than 30 million people shopped in stores on Black Friday and the following weekend. Department stores are part of daily American life, but people often ignore the potential risks of in-store shopping. With so many people visiting department stores, injuries happen with surprising frequency.
Some common causes of department store injuries include:
- Slip and fall or trip and fall incidents resulting from:
- Uneven carpet or flooring;
- Uneven sidewalks or poorly marked tripping hazards outside of the store;
- Icy or otherwise hazardous parking lot or sidewalk conditions;
- Unattended liquid from precipitation, cleaning or spills, without proper warning signage; or
- Unattended items such as merchandise, store fixtures or equipment left in aisles.
- Overcrowding or poor crowd management;
- Broken and dangerous merchandise or store fixtures;
- General lack of maintenance of ceilings, walls, restroom facilities, entryways or other areas;
- Broken, dysfunctional or otherwise missing lighting;
- Defective, dysfunctional or obstructed stairways, elevators or escalators;
- Unstable merchandise stacks or fixtures that could fall or collapse; or
- Unstable or broken shopping carts that could tip over.
If you, or a loved one, suffered a personal injury in a Buffalo, New York department store, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at 716-839-3939 NOW! Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his experienced team of Buffalo, New York department store accident injury lawyers will investigate your accident and seek the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
Unsafe conditions in department stores can result in a serious personal injury or even death. An accident in a department store may result in the following:
- Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries;
- Broken bones, especially wrists, ankles, hips and other vulnerable points;
- Lacerations or other skin injuries requiring stitches or medical attention;
- Neck and back injuries relating to muscle strain or disc rupture or displacement;
- Strains and sprains of other tendons or ligaments in the body; or
- Human crush and trampling injuries resulting from overcrowding.
Please note that this is not a complete list. Slip and fall injuries send more people to the hospital each year than any other type of fall, and a department store is required to provide you and your loved ones with a safe, well-maintained shopping experience. Any of these injuries could cause you to miss work, spend large amounts of time in the hospital and accumulate extensive and overwhelming medical bills.
If you, or a loved one, suffered any personal injury as a result of a department store accident, you may have a right to monetary compensation! Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., a Best Law Firm of America, at 716-839-3939 or contact us online 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. Our team of top rated department store accident injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York will provide you with a FREE consultation on your case and fight to attempt to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries!
WERE YOU INJURED BECAUSE A DEPARTMENT STORE BUSINESS OWNER OR PROPERTY OWNER FAILED TO PROVIDE A SAFE, RISK-FREE SHOPPING ENVIRONMENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of lawyers and paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will help you determine who is liable for your Buffalo, New York department store personal injury accident. Liability in a department store accident is often determined by these criteria:
- Was the accident a direct result of negligence on the part of the department store company and its employees? For example:
- Did the store personnel know of, or should they have known of, potential hazards or dangerous conditions and fail to remedy the situation in a timely manner?
- Was appropriate warning signage in place to alert patrons of the hazard?
- Was company protocol followed to prevent hazards from arising? or
- Was public safety protocol followed to prevent hazards from arising?
- Was the accident a direct result of negligence on the part of the property owner? For example:
- Was the property owner properly maintaining sidewalks, parking lots and other external building features to prevent slips, trips and other accidents?
- Did the property owner create a hazardous or dangerous condition? or
- Did the property owner know, or should he have known, of potential hazards that were his responsibility to fix, and did he fail to remedy the situation in a timely manner?
Both property owners and business owners might be liable after a department store accident. A person is liable for a personal injury accident if they failed to act in accordance with the standards of a reasonable person. The top rated team of Buffalo, New York department store accident injury lawyers and paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will help you hold the parties who are liable for your injuries accountable. Call 716-839-3939 today so we can begin working on your Buffalo, New York department store personal injury accident and battle to obtain the best result for you!
If you, or someone you love, were injured in a department store accident, there are steps you can take that will help Jed Dietrich, Esq. and the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. get you the maximum compensation possible. If possible, take any or all of the following steps:
- Report the incident to store management and insist proper incident report paperwork is filed and that you agree with the report and are given a copy;
- Write down what happened and take pictures of the scene if you can, or have someone else do so;
- Gather any witness names and contact information;
- Obtain contact information for the store’s insurance company from the manager;
- DO NOT make light of the situation by saying something like “I’m so clumsy” or “I fall all the time” or “I always trip over my own two feet”; and
- DO NOT insist that you are okay, refuse medical attention or decline to fill out an incident report.
The more evidence you can collect, the easier it will be to determine the store owner or property owner’s liability. However, there are strict time constraints to bringing a claim for personal injuries against a store owner or property owner. Therefore, it is best to call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of department store accident injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York today so that we can preserve your legal rights and ensure that important evidence such as security camera footage is not destroyed. Contact us today!
WERE YOU INJURED BECAUSE OF A DANGEROUS CONDITION IN A DEPARTMENT STORE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will fight to obtain the best result for your Buffalo, New York department store accident injury. If you were injured at a department store, you may be eligible for monetary compensation for your:
- Medical bills;
- Pain and suffering;
- Lost wages, if you were unable to work because of your injuries; and
- Other costs incurred as a direct result of the department store accident.
Department stores are required to have business accident insurance. This insurance should pay for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering if you have been injured because of a department store’s negligence. Some large companies provide their own insurance, and as such demonstrate a greater challenge in your fight for compensation.
If you, or a loved one, suffered a serious personal injury at a department store as a result of business or property owner negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. We urge you to call us so that we can move forward on your case. We must adhere to strict deadlines and therefore need to gather evidence quickly. Don’t wait! Call us at 716-839-3939. Jed Dietrich, Esq., a Best Lawyer of America, and his team of Buffalo, New York department store accident injury attorneys always fight to obtain the best result for Buffalo, New York personal injury claims. We will battle to obtain the money that you deserve and the peace of mind that you need.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!