Contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, if You Were Injured in a Supermarket Accident in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York or Throughout New York State.
Supermarkets are a focal point for shoppers all across Western New York. Shoppers rely on supermarkets to buy food and other goods they need to get through the week, and patrons seldomly ever imagine supermarkets to be dangerous. However, the average supermarket is riddled with various hazards that commonly cause severe injuries to unsuspecting shoppers.
Supermarket owners have a duty, or a legal obligation, to maintain a reasonable safely level and to inform of possible dangers on their premises, when they invite shoppers into their stores. Shoppers depend on store owners to properly maintain their grocery stores and keep them safe from dangerous conditions. Regretfully, simple trips to the supermarket turn into injury-filled nightmares for some shoppers. In cases where store owners failed to fulfil their legal duties, New York premises liability law can provide victims with a legal remedy.
If you were seriously injured in a supermarket, it is important to consider your options. Your injuries could have a devastating impact on your future, so you do not want to let the negligence or carelessness of someone else ruin your life or livelihood. You should not be forced to carry the burden of paying staggering medical bills, taking excessive time off from work or other unanticipated future impacts. Being the victim of a supermarket accident is a traumatic experience for many people. However, it does not have to be for you when you have the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly experienced and top rated Buffalo, New York supermarket accident attorneys on your side.
Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced, top rated and elite team of supermarket accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York over $150,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, TODAY at 716-839-3939 for a free consultation if you were seriously injured in a supermarket accident. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
Personal injury accidents in supermarkets can be triggered by various circumstances or events. Many things can go wrong while shopping at a supermarket, and when they do, shoppers are frequently injured.
Some of the most common reasons that supermarket accidents occur include:
- Wet and slippery floors, such as near the entrance or exit, or in an aisle or restroom;
- Lack of wet floor caution signs;
- Failure of staff to clean spills in a timely or proper manner;
- Missing or improperly placed floor mats;
- Obstructions around the aisles;
- Overloaded shelves or products falling off shelves;
- Improperly designed, constructed or stacked displays;
- Defective or broken shopping carts;
- Inadequate lighting in the store or parking lot; and
- Potholes in the store parking lot.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a supermarket accident, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team of lawyers and paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, today at 716-839-3939. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of highly experienced Buffalo, New York supermarket accident attorneys will battle to obtain the best result for you if you were injured by someone else’s negligence.
Supermarket accidents can cause victims to suffer very serious injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Head injuries and concussions;
- Deep cuts and scratches;
- Fractured or broken arms or wrists;
- Fractured or broken hips or pelvis;
- Various neck and back injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries; and
- Torn ligaments.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, and he will battle for people injured in supermarket accidents in Buffalo, New York. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases, including numerous premises liability accident lawsuits, since 1999. By allowing Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of supermarket accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York to handle your claim, you are arming yourself with a team of aggressive and tenacious Buffalo serious injury lawyers who will pursue the compensation that you deserve. Our goal is to alleviate some of the stress that you may be faced with after an accident, so that you can focus on your recovery.
Victims of supermarket accidents should take the following steps as soon as possible:
- Immediately, request to speak to the manager. If you are seriously injured and unable to move, you should request someone nearby to locate the manager. It is important to make certain that the manager sees you and the source of your injury.
- Ask the manager to fill out an accident or incident report and request a copy. The manager will most likely request your contact information and more details regarding the accident. Identify any causes of your injury, such as a wet floor, bunched rug or fallen objects.
- Avoid telling the manager that the accident was your fault or that you made any mistakes. It is not your responsibility to accept any fault in the accident.
- Request immediate medical assistance, if necessary. By requesting the supermarket manager to call 911, the paramedics can ensure you are not seriously injured. This also helps strengthen your injury claim, especially in cases where the supermarket or their insurance company attempts to claim that you did not suffer any injuries. It is important to remember that some injuries can remain dormant for months or even years.
- Gather information, such as the names and contact information of any witnesses, and take pictures or videos of the scene of the accident and the condition that caused it. Make a mental note of any store cameras around that could have captured your accident.
By taking the above steps, you will have some proof to support your claim. This is important because the victim carries the burden of proof in supermarket accidents. When you call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. team we will thoroughly investigate your claim and ensure that any available evidence is preserved to help you obtain the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. However, YOU MUST ACT FAST. There are strict time constraints applicable to claims for injuries arising from a supermarket accident, so we urge you to call us today to ensure that your rights are protected!
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.'s team of highly experienced and top rated grocery store injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week to speak with you if you were injured in a supermarket accident. Contact our team today at 716-839-3939.
In order to recover financial compensation for injuries suffered at a supermarket, the victim is required to prove that they were injured as a result of the negligence of another party. It is a legal duty of supermarket owners to take reasonable efforts to maintain safe conditions for patrons. Owners or staff should routinely inspect their stores for any conditions that may result in an accident or injury. Negligence claims can be filed when an accident occurs resulting from circumstances or conduct that should have been avoidable or preventable. Supermarket owners can be held liable for hazards that caused the accident because of the actions that they took or failed to take when necessary.
Victims can prove negligence by showing that the owners or their staff should have known about or had prior notice of the dangerous condition and failed to take necessary actions to fix the unsafe condition. For example, if another shopper dropped a bottle of olive oil on the floor and informed the staff, but the staff failed to clean up the oil. Then, you slipped and fell as a result, a couple hours later. You must be able to show that the staff had reasonable time to correct the hazardous condition. In cases where the same hazardous condition resulted in prior injuries, this can demonstrate that the owner had reason to be aware of the danger.
Negligence can also be shown in cases where the hazard was created by the supermarket’s staff. For instance, if a store employee mopped the floor, but did not post any warning signs that the floor was wet, and a shopper fell and was injured as a result. If the supermarket owner is found negligent, you may be able to recover compensation for your pain and suffering, injuries, medical bills and lost wages.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, INJURED AS A RESULT OF A SUPERMARKET ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK SUPERMARKET ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!