Gyms and fitness centers are popular destinations and an important part of daily life for many Americans. As the popularity of gyms has greatly increased, more gym-goers are at risk of suffering a serious accident. Each year, over 525,000 people throughout the United States are treated in emergency rooms for injuries caused by exercise equipment. The average gym is equipped with a plethora of heavy weights and massive workout machines that can lead to accidents and severe injuries.
In many cases, these accidents and resulting injuries are due to the negligence of the gym owners. Gyms can be extremely dangerous when they are not properly maintained or have defective equipment. All gym owners have a legal obligation to provide a reasonably safe environment for members. Members depend on owners to maintain their gyms and keep them out of harm’s way. When gym owners fail to meet this expectation or fail to remedy dangerous situations, they can be held responsible for any resulting injuries under New York premises liability law.
If you, or a loved one, were severely injured in a gym accident, it is vital to carefully consider your legal options. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, today to discuss what to do after your accident. Your injuries could have a disastrous impact on your future, so you do not want to let the negligence or carelessness of gym owners or other responsible parties ruin your life. You should not be forced to carry the burden of paying costly medical expenses, missing work or other unexpected future impacts.
Being the victim of any type of accident is a traumatic experience for many. However, it does not have to be for you when you have the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly experienced and top rated Buffalo, New York gym injury accident attorneys fighting for you. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq., a member of the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, today at 716-839-3939 for your free case consultation.
The most common ways that members suffer injuries at the gym include:
- Equipment malfunctions: Exercise equipment often has various pulleys, cables and levers that contribute to the machine’s functioning. If any parts of the equipment are broken, users can be injured. Gym owners should ensure that machines are properly maintained and sufficiently repaired with quality parts.
- Slip and fall accidents: If gym staff fails to post caution signs when the floor is wet, patrons can slip and fall. Slip and fall accidents can also happen in gym changing rooms when the shower area is not regularly maintained or near the pool area where water can easily accumulate.
- Negligent trainers: Overzealous trainers may design inappropriate fitness routines for out of shape or older members. Some trainers may be inexperienced or unqualified and support improper and dangerous training techniques.
- Improper maintenance: When gym equipment is constantly used, its parts can become loose or worn out, resulting in injuries. All equipment must be regularly inspected by gym staff to ensure it is working properly.
- Problems with the facility: Gyms can be poorly designed, have inadequate lighting or be too cluttered with weights and other equipment. Without sufficient space, especially during peak hours, this can make colliding into other members unavoidable.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, INJURED AS A RESULT OF A GYM ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK GYM ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Most gyms have mandatory waivers that members are required to sign before activating their memberships. Waivers attempting to limit liability are often found to be invalid or improper. An experienced premises liability attorney may be able to successfully challenge your gym waiver. Courts can invalidate waivers depending on the language and the type of injuries suffered.
To recover financial compensation for injuries suffered in a gym accident, the victim must prove that they were injured as a result of the negligence of another party. It is a legal duty of gym owners to take reasonable efforts to maintain safe conditions and protect all members from possible dangers. Owners or managers should routinely inspect their gyms for any conditions that may cause accidents and resulting injuries. Negligence claims can be filed when an accident occurs resulting from circumstances or conduct that should have been preventable or avoidable. Gym owners can be held liable for any dangers that triggered the accident because of either the actions that they took or failed to take when necessary. Victims can prove negligence by showing that the owners or their staff should have known about or had prior notice of the unsafe condition and failed to take necessary actions to remedy the problem within a reasonable amount of time. If the gym owner is found negligent, you may be able to recover compensation for your pain and suffering, injuries, medical bills and lost wages.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced, top rated and elite team of gym accident injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York $1,000,000.00, or more, 38 times to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. Don’t wait, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939 for a free consultation if you were seriously injured in a gym accident. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we win for you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!