Defective Property Conditions
Accidents caused by defective property conditions on someone else’s property can result in serious injuries or even death. Most accidents that result from defective property conditions are easily preventable. Whether caused by inadequate lighting, uneven stairs or an icy parking lot, defective property conditions that result in harm to others can lead to premises liability lawsuits.
Property owners have a legal obligation to attend to any potentially dangerous situations, even in cases where the underlying cause of the condition is beyond their control. If owners cannot immediately repair the defective condition, they would still be required keep invitees away from and warn of the potential danger. Visitors, employees, residents and patrons all have a reasonable expectation that owners will adequately maintain their property and keep them from suffering any injuries. In cases where property owners fail to comply with their legal duties, New York premises liability law can provide victims with a legal remedy.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in an accident caused by a defective property condition, it is important to carefully consider your legal options. Injuries caused by defective conditions can range in severity and could have a devastating impact on your life. You should not have to bear the costs of paying staggering medical expenses, taking time off from work or other unforeseen forthcoming effects. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of top rated Buffalo, New York defective property condition injury lawyers have successfully settled and litigated numerous cases in which property owners failed to ensure their properties were properly maintained and free of defects. If you were injured on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, past and future lost wages and more.
Victims of defective property condition accidents want the most elite personal injury attorney in Buffalo, New York representing them. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced, top rated and elite team of defective property condition accident attorneys in Buffalo, New York in excess of $150,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. For your free consultation and to find out more about how we may be able to help you, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939.
Defective property conditions can result from faulty construction, design flaws, inadequate maintenance or rushed repairs. Some of the most frequently occurring defective property conditions that result in accidents include:
- Faulty or inadequate lighting;
- Cracked or uneven sidewalks;
- Uneven flooring or pavement;
- Raised tree roots;
- Broken or missing stairs;
- Wobbly or unstable handrails;
- Loose floor tiling;
- Unfenced or unsecured pools;
- Exposed wiring;
- Damaged doors;
- Broken windows;
- Slippery floors; and
- Elevator or escalator malfunctions.
If you, or a loved one, were injured by a defective property condition in Buffalo, Rochester, Niagara Falls or throughout New York State, you want the best Buffalo, New York personal injury lawyer to handle your personal injury claim. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of defective property condition accident attorneys in Buffalo, New York are dedicated to fighting for the compensation that you deserve for the injuries that you suffered. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will treat you with respect and compassion, and we are here to help you through this difficult time. Contact us today at 716-839-3939.
Victims of defective property condition accidents should take the following steps as soon as possible:
- Identify the defective condition: One of the first things you should do after being in an accident is identify what exactly caused your accident. According to New York law, victims must be able to specifically identify the defective condition that caused their injuries.
- Take notes: Use your cell phone and write down details regarding the defective condition. Important details may include, but are not limited to, the address of the accident location, how the condition was defective, what led to the accident and if there are any cameras around that might have recorded your accident.
- Take pictures: Taking photos or videos of the defective condition, including measurements, and your injuries will help document your personal injury claim. Also, it will safeguard your claim if the property owner repairs the defective condition.
- Ask to speak with the manager: If your injury occurred at a restaurant, store or other building with employees, you should request to speak to the manager. It is important to ensure that the manager sees your injuries and the defective condition. Also, ask the manager to fill out an accident report and request a copy.
- Talk to witnesses: Bystanders in the vicinity may have seen vital details regarding your accident. Witnesses often have different viewpoints and their memories may be clearer, since the trauma did not happen to them. Witness may be able to validate your story, which is especially crucial in cases where the property owner tries to place the blame on you. If there were witnesses who saw what happened, gather their contact information.
- Request medical assistance, if necessary: If you were injured, call 911 or seek medical treatment. Seeing a doctor can help determine if you were injured and how you may be able to resolve your injuries. This will also help strengthen your claim, especially if the property owner or their insurance company attempts to assert that you did not actually suffer any injuries.
- Contact a lawyer: An experienced personal injury lawyer can thoroughly investigate the defective condition that caused your injuries and evaluate the strength of your claim. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939.
By completing the above steps, it will ensure you have enough proof to support your personal injury claim. This is crucial because victims carry the burden of proof in premises liability lawsuits. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of top rated Buffalo, New York defective property condition injury lawyers can use this important evidence to establish what caused your injury and to pursue the compensation that you deserve for your injuries. Call us today at 716-839-3939 so that we can help you.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, INJURED AS A RESULT OF A DEFECTIVE PROPERTY CONDITION ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK PREMISES LIABILITY ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!