New York State Park Tourist Accidents
The Tenacious Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, Represents Individuals Who Have Been Injured While at a State Park in Buffalo, New York; Alleghany, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Lewiston, New York; and Throughout the Greater New York Area.
With 180 state parks open to the public, New York State is home to some of the most beautiful trails and parklands in the country. From the natural wonder that is Niagara Falls to the waterfalls and trails of Letchworth State Park, New York State offers numerous opportunities for site seeing and exploration. Even if the maintenance and upkeep of these public spaces is carefully conducted, there is nevertheless an inherent risk associated with all tourist locations. Accidents can, and do, occur when they are least expected.
With over twenty years of experience as a personal injury lawyer in Buffalo, New York, Jed Dietrich, Esq. is someone in whom you can place your trust. He and his team of top rated injury lawyers will fight on your behalf to obtain satisfaction in your personal injury claim. If you are in need of representation, call us today at (716) 839-3939 or contact us online, and we will answer any questions you might have.A Brief History of the New York State Parks Department
Throughout the United States, there are countless parks, buildings, and sites of historical and cultural importance. In order to safeguard these sites and the 400 years of history contained in them, the National Historic Preservation Act was implemented in 1966. Less than two decades later, in 1980, the New York State Historic Preservation Act established a statewide office whose sole purpose was to implement the 1966 act. Today, New York State’s Historic Preservation Office works to protect land and architecture from development projects that might result in the loss of significant cultural areas. Their mission is not only to preserve locations of historical significance but also to spread awareness about the sites, their history, and the cultures of past generations.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES FROM AN ACCIDENT IN A NEW YORK STATE PARK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
There are common risks associated with all tourist locations. Slip and falls and motor vehicle accidents are two of the most frequently seen. In addition to these, there are other, less common types of accidents, which can vary depending on the recreational opportunities offered by a specific state park. These accidents include:
- Drowning: Many state parks have access to lakes, rivers, pools, and waterparks. While public swimming areas will have lifeguards posted to safeguard the lives of swimmers, other locations that are not intended for public swimming still pose a drowning risk. Swimmers in these locations should exercise care and never swim alone.
- Boating Accidents: Some state parks offer opportunities for members of the public to use boats and jet skis on their lakes and rivers. Boating accidents can occur in the form of collisions with other water vehicles, with docks or buoys, and even running aground in shallow water.
- Snowmobiling Accidents: Both public and state park snowmobiling trails have the potential for injury. Individuals who are unfamiliar with trails or who engage in reckless driving can crash into trees or lakes, collide with other snowmobiles, or even slide out of control. When snowmobiling, be aware of weather and trail conditions, and always practice safe driving.
- Slip and Falls: Most state parks are not open in the winter, but a slip and fall can easily occur on an uneven sidewalk, on the slippery surfaces around pools or lakes, and on the steep or uneven terrain of trails.
- Motor Vehicle-Related Accidents: In high traffic areas where car and foot traffic are both prevalent, the risk of a pedestrian being struck by a car is high. In state parks, trolleys are often used to transport park patrons and have been known to overturn on occasion, leading to serious injury of the occupants inside.
Any one of the accident types listed above can lead to serious personal injury and even fatalities. Whether you are a visitor to a state park or an employee, it is vital to ensure that all park rules and regulations are being followed at all times.
There are many questions that can arise in the event of a personal injury lawsuit. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is your best option for timely and expert legal advice. With over $175,000,000 secured in settlements and verdicts for our clients, we are experienced in personal injury law and will know how to assist you in your personal injury case best. Call us today at (716) 839-3939 or visit us online to schedule your free consultation.In the Event of an Accident
In the event of an accident, the first and most important step is to ensure the safety of all parties involved. Once proper medical care has been administered, your next consideration should be whether or not to file a personal injury claim against the parties responsible for your injuries. While the Parks Department is required to ensure that historic property is protected, if a building or structure is a potential safety hazard to park visitors, the park is responsible for taking steps to safeguard its patrons and employees. If an accident resulted from negligence on the part of the parks department, such as an unsafe area or boating dock, the parks department could be held liable for any personal injuries. If an accident was the result of negligence on the part of another, such as a boater not associated with the parks, or the operator of a motor vehicle, then an injury claim could be brought against that individual.
Questions such as whether a lawsuit should be brought against the State Parks Department or against a different entity depend on the circumstances surrounding the accident, and can be answered by a top legal professional. If you were involved in an accident within a state park in New York and have any questions regarding the case, we encourage you to reach out to the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Our team of top rated personal injury lawyers is prepared to answer any questions you may have. Determined and disciplined, Jed Dietrich, Esq. believes that in a personal injury claim, the client’s needs should come first. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our lawyers are highly educated and experienced and your best resource when it comes to determining the steps to take in your personal injury case. We can be reached twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week at (716) 839-3939 or by contacting us online, and we are ready to assist you in the best possible way.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!